Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Shiva SankarYour feedback matters!
The tube transporting urine from the bladder out of the body is known as the urethra. Under normal circumstances, this tube is wide enough for urine to flow freely but in some cases, one or more section can get narrowed and restrict the flow of urine. This may be diagnosed as a urethral stricture. This length of this stricture can range from 1 cm to affecting the entire length of the urethra.
This is caused by scar tissue or inflammation of tissue in the urethra. While this is a common condition that affects men, it is rarely seen to affect women. An enlarged prostate, exposure to STDs like gonorrhoea or chlamydia, suffering from an infection that causes urethral inflammation and irritation or having had a catheter recently inserted can increase the risk of suffering from a urethral stricture. An injury or tumour located near the urethra can also cause this condition. Hence, preventing this condition is not always a possibility.
Common symptoms to look out for include:
- Inability to urinate
- Reduction in the flow of urine
- Increased urge to urinate frequently
- Pain while urinating
- Urinary incontinence
- Abdominal pain
- Swelling of the penis
- Discharge from the urethra
- Blood in the urine or semen
- Dark urine
- The bladder feeling gull even after urinating
A physical examination and tests that measure the rate of urine flow and chemical composition of the urine can help a doctor determine a diagnosis of urethral strictures. You may also need to undergo STD tests and a cystoscopy. An X-ray may also help locate the stricture. The treatment for this condition depends on the severity of the symptoms.
Non-surgical treatment for this condition involves using a dilator to widen the urethra. However, there is no guarantee the blockage will not recur at a later date. Alternatively, a permanent catheter may also be inserted.
There are two forms of surgical treatment for a urethral stricture.
- Open urethroplasty: This involves removing the infected or scar tissue and restructuring the urethra. The results of this procedure depend on the size of the blockage. It is usually advised only in cases of long, severe strictures.
- Urine flow diversion: In the case of a severe blockage and damage to the bladder, the doctor may advise rerouting the flow of urine to an abdominal opening. This process involves connecting the ureters to an incision in the abdomen with the help of part of the intestines. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
My husband got fever again n again we did urine test on n which pus cell are 30-50hpf and RBC 5-10 .Is it serious what should we do? He is 31 year.
Urinary incontinence, commonly known as loss of bladder control can really cause embarrassment. The severity of this condition may range from once in a while leaky urine to the sudden and forceful urge to urinate, due to which you end up urinating before reaching the toilet.
Types of Urinary Incontinence:
- Stress Incontinence: When you feel the urge to urinate due to sneezing, coughing, laughing or while doing physical exercise
- Urge Incontinence: When you feel the urge to urinate, suddenly. This may occur during the day and even at night.
- Functional Incontinence: When you cannot reach the toilet on time because of a physical or mental impairment.
- Mixed Incontinence: When you involuntarily urinate due to more than one incontinence
Stress incontinence is the most common type in women. The activities which increase your risk, are:
You have had more than one pregnancy and vaginal delivery.
You have pelvic prolapse. This is when your bladder, urethra, or rectum slide into the vagina. Delivering a baby can cause nerve or tissue damage in the pelvic area. This can lead to pelvic prolapse months or years after delivery.
Female urinary stress incontinence is the involuntary release of urine during any physical activity that puts pressure on your bladder. This potentially embarrassing condition differs from general incontinence in that it happens when the body is under immediate physical stress. Activities that can put stress on your bladder include coughing, sneezing, laughing, lifting heavy objects, or bending over. This condition is particular to women, many of whom experience symptoms after muscles have been weakened due to a vaginal childbirth, following menopause, or during pregnancy.
Ensure that you consult a doctor:
- If this condition hinders your day to day activities
- If the urinary incontinence is the result of a serious underlying problem
Causes of Urinary Incontinence:
Urinary incontinence may be temporary or permanent. Causes for temporary incontinence are-
- Caffeine and caffeinated drinks
- Decaffeinated tea or coffee
- Spicy and sugary foods
- High intake of Vitamin B or C
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
Causes for Permanent Incontinence are:
- Old age
- Prostate cancer
- Enlarged prostate
- Neurological disorders
Chronic urinary incontinence can lead to certain complications like:
- Skin Problems: Skin rashes and infections can develop around the vaginal area, because of the constant wetness one feels. It may also cause sores.
- Urinary Tract Infections: Urinary incontinence can also result in UTI
- Impact on Personal and Social Life: Urinary incontinence can lead to great embarrassment, thus affecting the social and personal life of an individual.
Treatment for Female Stress Urinary Incontinence:
There are several types of treatment available. Treatment options include lifestyle changes, medications, nonsurgical treatments, and surgeries.
- Lifestyle Changes: Make regular trips to the restroom to reduce the chance of urine leakage. Drink fewer fluids and avoid activities such as jumping and running.
- Medications: Medications that reduce bladder contractions.
- Nonsurgical Treatments: Kegel exercises strengthen your pelvic muscles. Done regularly, these exercises can strengthen your muscles, allowing you to control when urine is released from your body.
If other treatments fail, you will have to go for surgical treatment. Types of surgery include:
- injectable therapy, in which collagen is injected into your urethra to reduce incontinence
- tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) surgery, in which mesh is placed around the urethra to give it support
- vaginal sling surgery, in which a sling is placed around the urethra to support it
- anterior or para-vaginal vaginal repair surgery to repair a bladder that is bulging into the vaginal canal
- retropubic suspension surgery to move the bladder and urethra back into their normal positions
Some doctors even try electrical stimulation and medication. When the condition is highly advanced interventional therapies and surgery is recommended.
Some interventional therapies are:
- Bulking material injections
- Botulinum toxin Type-A
- Nerve stimulators
Suffering with difficulty with urinating fully, was diagnosed with chronic prostatitis, doctor prescribe me silodosin 4 mg tablet for lifetime. Ultrasound scan shows prostate 19gms, in this size prostate can block urine? Is size is normal or not? Thanks.
Dear sir I have kidney stone so how to cure it this is third time im suffering from the same problem stone size 4.9mm.
I am 26 years old male. I am suffering from swelling in anus. Doctors told me, there is a problem in anus. The problem is FISSURE in anus like that they told. My question is, 1. How to come out from this problem? 2. Which types of food should I take? 3. What is the main solution for this kind of disease? And also I am suffering from pain while sitting only other wise there is no pain at all. Pls tell me correct solution for this. Thanking You Raj.
I'm aged 53 I want to know the reason for enlargement of prostate. My prostate 's size is detected 35.9 cc. What may be reason of enlargement and what medicine should take for treatment.
Main Dr. Shailendra Goel hu, principal consultant urologist, enterologist and renal transplant surgeon. Main Vaishali, Delhi, Noida, NCR chhetra mein max hospital se sammad hoon aur meri training. MCS training jo hai, Sanjay Gandhi PGI Lucknow mein hui hai aur main Delhi rajdhani chhetra ke bade haspatal jis mein Maidanta haspatal, JP haspatal, Kailash haspatal Noida, Delhi aur Metro haspatal se sambandhit raha hoon.
Aaj mein aap ko iss video ke dwara, Prostate gland jo gadut kehlate hai jo ki ek common samasya hai uss ke brein mein thoda gyan aap se share karna chahta hoon. Prostate gland ek chhoti ya bade angur ya akhrot ke size ki ek granthi hoti hai jis mein vva banta hai aur yeh peshaap ki theli ke neeche body ke andar peshaap ke raste ke chaaro ore hoti hai. Aur yeh peshaap ke raste ke chaaro ore hota hai aur iss mein vva banta hai aur jab sex karte hai toh vva iss granthi se nikalta hai. Jab age jaise jaise progress karti hai to hiss ka size badhne lagta hai aur yeh peshaap ke raste ko dabane lagti hai toh uski wajah se peshaap mein dikkat hone lagti hai. Mostly patients jo prostate gland ke enlargement ke jo hote hai who mostly 40-50 saal ke baad ke umar ke hote hai. Aur dheere dheere yeh granthi jo badhti jaati hai aur raste ko abati jaati hai toh urine mein dikkat jo hoti hai. Uss mein dikkat kuch rukawat ki wajah se hoti hai, jese ki
- Dhara halki hona
- Ruk ruk ke hona peshaap hona
- Peshap ek baar mein poora na hona
- Baar baar peshaap jana
- Raat mein kahi baar uthna peshaap ke liye
- Peshaap jaldi lagna.
- Kahi baari itna jaldi peshaap lagna ki bathroom pahuchne se pehle hi nikal jana.
Toh yeh symptoms is baat ko indicate karte hai ki prostrate kuch trouble kar raha hai aur kahi baar jab yeh prostate zyada badh jaata hai toh kuch yeh dikkat ya complications karta hai jaise KI-
- Peshaap bilkul ruk hi jaata hai
- Peshap nikal nahi jaata
- Nail dalwane ki zaroorat parti hai
- Peshaap mein blood aane lagta hai
- Itni rukawat hone lagti hai ki kidney ko kharab karne lagta hai
- Pet mein itna jor lagana padta hai ki hernia ban jate hai ya rukawat ki wajah se kidney mein ya peshaap ki theli mein pathri ban jaane lagti hai.
- Kidney kharab ho jaane lagti hai toh yeh complications hote hai.
Jab yeh complications hone lagte hai tab toh operation bahut zaroori ho jaata hai. Shuruat ke stage mein jab yeh koi complications nahi hai toh prostate ki dikkat ko dawaiyon se treat kiya ja sakta hai. Usually jaise jaise age badhti hai waise prostate ki samasya badhti jaati hai. Yadi hum kahe ki 60 years ki age pe 50% logon ko prostrate ki problem hoti ha. 80 years ki age pe almost 70-90% patients ko prostate ki problem hoti hai.
Prostate ki samasya ka khaane se koi link nahi hai. Aap ko ek normal balanced diet leni chahiye aur aisa koi specific diet ya parihej nahi hoga jiss se hum kahein ki prostate ki samasya nahi hogi. Aur prostate ke check up ke liye jo aap urologist se ya jab aap salah karte hai ki iss mein kya dikkat hai toh uss mein hum jo test karate hai uss mein ek urine test hota hai , ultrasound hota hai ki jiss mein ultrasound peshaap karne se pehle aur peshaap karne ke baad mein dekhte hai, ye check karne ke lie ki kitan percent peshaap ruka reh jaata hai. Ek peshaap ke dhara ki jaach hoti hi jise hum uroflowmetry kehte hai yeh jaach hum usually karate hai aur kidney pe koi jor par raha hai ke nahi par raha hai uss ke liye kidney ka ek blood test, cretinin jiss ko kehte hai, who karaya jaata hai. aur ek prostate ke liye specific test hota hai PSA Test, Prostate Specific Antigen yeh ek test karaya jaata hai ki jiss se hum yeh check karte hai ki koi cancer ki sambhavna toh prostate mein nahi hai. Toh yadi PSA yadi badha hua aata hai, toh uss ke liye hum phir biopsy advise karte hai except ki kuch cases mein jahan humein lage ki infection hai ya koi aur chances ho sakte hai PSA badhne ke. Toh PSA ka badha hona apne aap mein indicate karta hai ki uss mein cancer ki shakh hota hai, cancer ko confirm nahi karta.
Shuruat mein prostate ki samsya ko hum dawai se treat kar sakte hai jiss mein do tareeke ki dawai hoti hai alphablocker aur 5ARI inhibitors. Toh jab bada prostate hota hai toh yeh do dawaiya di jaati hai aur inn do dawaiyon ka long term mein koi major side effect nahi hota hai aur yeh dawai prostate ke patients ko lambe samay tak leni hoti hai. Beech beech mein check up karana hota hai. Aur yadi check up mein humein lagta hai ke dawaiyon se proper result nahi mil rahe hai ya humein lagta hai ke prostate badh raha hai aur dikkat kar raha hai, andar complications jaise rukawat ke, kidney kharab hone ke, kidney mein swelling ke ya peshaap zyada rukne ke ya dhaar achhi na hone ke persist kar rahe hote hai toh uss mein operation ki salah di jaati hai.
Aaj ki tareekh mein operation bhi minimal invasive technique se hota hai ki jiss mein koi chira fadi, kaata, kaati nahi hoti even jaise laproscopy mein do teen chhed karte hai toh koi chhed nahi kiya jaata. Yeh keval peshaap ke raste pe kiya jaata hai jiss mein commonest operation jo aaj ki tareekh mein jo hota hai woh TURP kehlata hai jiss mein peshaap ke raste se doorbeen se prostate ko operate kar diya jaata hai. Ab aur zyada advanced technique available hai jise hum bipolar TURP kehte hai. Iss mein risk kam ho jaata hai ya isme laser se kiya jaata hai. Aaj ki tareekh mein laser best technique kehlati hai jo ki jiss mein old age mein hote hai patients ko heart problem hai ya lungs ki problem hai ya woh blood thinner le rahe hote hai ya aur bimaariya hai , diabetes hai, toh uss mein ya sodium kam ho jata hai body mein toh un cases mei laser bahut helpful hota hai uss mein complications kaafi kam ho jata hai. Lekin ye hai ki in ke operations kaafi successful hai. Otherwise yadi aap iska illaj nahi karte hai toh yeh kidney kharab kar sakta hai ya aur dikkat kar sakta hai.
Toh yeh kuch baat mein prostate cancer ke barein mein aur kehna chahunga ki prostate cancer bhi ek samasya hai. PSA tests se iss ko diagnose kiya ja sakta hai. Lekin cancer ke barein mein yeh hai ki prostate cancer ka ilaaj sambhav hai. Chahe yeh advanced stage mein bhi hai toh bhi iss ka bahut accurate ilaaj available hai. Aur yeh saal do saal ilaaj ke baad bhi patients ko koi dikkat nahi hoti hai. Toh woh prostate ki samasya se mera yeh ek salah rahegi jiss ke koi urine mein dikkat hai woh urologist se salah zaroor le aur apna ilaaj karaye aur in sab dikkato se ya apne zindagi ko swasth rakhe.
Dhanyavaad. Aur mein Dr. Shailendra Kumar Goel aap ke liye, salah ke liye lybrate par available hoon ya aap DF-10 Duplex Flora, Sector-108 mein mere Goel Urology clinic mein aap mere se sampark kar sakte hai.
Aur lybrate ki website par ya meri apni website Drshailendragoel.com par mere se appointment ya salah le sakte hai. dhanyavad.