Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Shiva SankarYour feedback matters!
I AM V.S.RAGHAVAN IS A TYPE II DIABETIC FOR PAST 8 YEARS. MY DIABETIC IS UNDER control USING ALLOPATHIC MEDICINES. MY cholesterol LEVEL ALSO (LIPID PROFILE) ALL LIKE TOTAL cholesterol, triglyceride,HDL, LDL ETC ALL NORMAL. I AM TAKING ATORLIP-F (CONTAINING STATIN) FOR 5 YEARS. IS IT GOOD TO CONTINUE THE SAME ATORLIP-F LIFE LONG TO MAINTAIN GOOD cholesterol LEVEL. I AM BIT WORRIED ABOUT SIDE EFFECTS OF STATINS AND ITS SIDE EFFECTS LIKE RENAL FAILURE. KINDLY ADVICE. I AM FOLLOWING RESTRICTION IN FOOD INTAKE FOR cholesterol-I HAVE TO CONTINUE FOR EVER THIS ATORLIP-F OR SOME BREAK IS NEEDED/POSSIBLE ---KINDLY ADVICE- firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whenever some thing happened like if some one argued with me I feel like insecure. And full body shaking. Feel like urin coming. Please tell me how to avoid it.
Hi. Fissure in anal. Struggling a lot. Please help me to cure. Not complete relief. Its blooding if stool is hard. I am drinking plenty of water. Not having many more foods that needs. Because too heal the fissure.
I have pain in my right side of stomach somewhere around kidney for 2-3 days. Do I have a stone in there?
I am male 19 years old I am having burning sensation while urinating for the past few months. What shall I do?
My father is 83 years old and the time intetrval between passing urine is 7-10 hours. There is no discomfort between & during passing urine. Please suggest.
I have 3.75 mm kidney stone, please consult me without operation treatment. Thanks. Regards A.Q.RAHMANI.
I am just married. My hubby wants sex. He tried for anal sex also. I felt pain when he penetrates in my anus. I want to know the fact with anal sex.
Mujhe last 8 years se urine problem hai baar baar toilet jana padta h & urine karte waqt jor lagana padta hai.Please do help.
I have been doing the routine urine test done and each time the result is RBC 2-3 HPF and weak reaction. After that I have done KUB / CT Scan and Ultra sound along with urine Cytology and PSA blood all our normal. Out of 6-7 urine routine 2 results showed 5-6 RBC. The CT Scan shows 2 mm renal calculus below left kidney. As all results our normal fail to understand why is there blood in URINE. And also is it worry some and is Cystoscopy necessary to complete the process.
Hello Can please anyone suggest that what food must we eat if we are having prostate cysts. Is fast food and eggs good for us or has some danger. Kindly suggest.
Since my 10th standard, I urinate too much and from my inter, it has been increased to 25 times a day. I am worried whether it could be diabetes or not! And now a days am feeling hungry a little much than before. Please help me in resolving this!
Dear doctor I am suffering from frequently urine discharge. Although I don't take much water yet I have to go toilet 12 to 15 time in a day. I checked by Hba1c past month and it was normal. I am married person.
Not being able to hold urine. Happenning on & off for the past year. Sometimes with burning sensation. Drinking 2 litres + water every day. Applying Caladrly for itching and Globen-G. But keeps re-occurring. Also have weight (87 kgs - 5.2 ft height) and severe stress issues. Single mother. Had undergone lower spine fracture surgery in Dec 2010. Am working full time. Please advise.
I am 19 years old suffering from anal fissure from about 15 days. It pains mainly during and after I excrete. Sir help me out.
Hi Sir, I met a women unprotected sex two days in the week When going to urine it was in yellow color, is there any problem,
I am suffering with frequent urination, but passing only a small amount of urine each time. What should i do?
Urinary Incontinence is the sudden urine loss that occurs involuntarily in women. Some of the factors which cause urinary incontinence are pregnancy, menopause (know more why Women Are More Vulnerable to Heart Diseases Post Menopause) and childbirth. It should be noted that urinary incontinence by itself is not a disease, but is a symptom of other underlying disorders such as diabetes, infections and other conditions.
Causes of temporary cases of urinary incontinence include:
1. Constipation (learn more that Work for Constipation Relief)
2. Urinary tract infections
3. Excess consumption of alcohol and caffeine
4. Consuming carbonated drinks
5. Use of artificial sweeteners
6. High doses of vitamin B and vitamin C
7. Being on sedatives, muscle relaxants, blood pressure and heart medications
8. Eatables which are too spicy, acidic or sugary
However, persistence of incontinence might be due to a more serious condition. Some of the causes are stated below:
- Age: The bladder muscles tend to weaken with age. This affects the bladder’s urine holding capacity.
- Pregnancy: Hormonal changes and increase in weight during pregnancy can cause incontinence.
- Menopause: Oestrogen is responsible for the healthy maintenance of the lining of the urethra and bladder. The onset of menopause causes the oestrogen hormone levels to drop. The gradual damage of the bladder tissues causes incontinence.
- Childbirth: The bladder control muscles are weakened during normal vaginal delivery, thus leading to incontinence.
- Obstruction: Occurrence of tumours in the urinary tract can block the normal flow of urine which can cause incontinence.
- Hysterectomy: The same ligaments and muscles support both the bladder as well as the urethra. With removal of the uterus by hysterectomy, the pelvic floor muscles are deteriorated. This leads to urinary incontinence.
- Neurological disorders: Conditions such as multiple sclerosis (autoimmune disorder in which the immune system destroys the protective sheath of the nerves), Parkinson’s disease (disorder affecting motor functioning of the body), brain tumours, spinal injury or strokes are capable of causing incontinence.
Different forms of urinary incontinence are classified on the basis of their symptoms:
- Urge incontinence: Urge or urgency incontinence occurs when there is a leak before the person reaches the toilet.
- Stress incontinence: Small amounts of urine leak out during normal physical movements such as sneezing, coughing and exercising. This happens because of the minimum stress exerted on the body, and hence, the name.
- Functional incontinence: Sudden leakage of urine occurs due to external deterrents or physical disabilities such as not being able to find a toilet.
- Overactive Bladder: This is characterized by frequent and urgent urination.
- Overflow incontinence: A full bladder, at times, leads to unexpected leakage.
- Transient incontinence: If urine leakage occurs due to temporary situations such as infections, or new medications.