Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shiva KumarYour feedback matters!
Sir I am in diabetic since last 12 yrs. Since last four days my sugar level is suddenly decreased in 50 and after 3 hrs it increases up to 200. What is the reason.
Now I started to grow my beard on chin and neck area with the help of minoxidil If I shave that now can I get a fuller beard within a week with black hairs?
Last march my angiography been taken so there are four blocks accordingly I am taking medicine three times a day. Is there any possibility of reducing the quantum of medicines? Moreover I am not able to take my food as earlier.
I want to reduce my stomach and belly fat and stay fit. Which exercise I have to do daily and can lemon water reduce fat if I take it every morning.
I wish to reduce my weight as well as keep up with my hectic life what should I eat or what asanas should I do?
I eat 3 chapathis in the morning with a glass of tea, noon three chapathis with curry,and night a small quantity of rice with curry i do not eat anything else other than this still i do not loose weight, i do a lot of house work and even go to office.
My mood is always fluctuating. and sometimes I behave very softly but sometimes roughly. I how how can I overcome it.
Hello sir, tell me how to maintain our body with good health with good food, what type of food we have to take for good lifecycle.
Hi I am 32year old male I am suffering back pain and go to my leg also I can't walk and sit properly pls suggest me what I can.
Almost all the metabolic processes in a person's body are influenced by the hormones produced by the thyroid gland. The most common types of thyroid diseases caused due to dysfunctional thyroid glands are Thyroid nodules, Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Goiter, Thyroiditis, and Thyroid Cancer.
Hypothyroidism is when the thyroid gland is underactive and the amount of hormones produced is insufficient. Hypothyroidism can be caused due to multiple reasons such as iodine deficiency, radiation or surgery on the thyroid gland, and drugs such as lithium and phenylbutazone. You should note that treating thyroid is not a speedy process and a reoccurrence of symptoms might also take place. However with the appropriate remedies and proper diet control, one can make sure that these symptoms are less pronounced.
Ayurveda: According to Ayurveda, imbalance or disequilibrium in the doshas is the main cause of hypothyroidism. The Kapha dosha i.e. the dosha responsible for body fluids and lubrication and Pitta dosha i.e. the dosha responsible for fire and water body humors, are vitiated. Lifestyle and diet discrepancies further promote imbalances in the doshas. Hypothyroidism is categorized under the Yapya diseases which recur once you cease to take the treatment.
- It is essential to consume adequate quantities of milk.
- Apart from that, coconut oil is one of the best remedies for a hypothyroid patient, since it increases slow and sluggish metabolism. Coconut contains MCFAs i.e. medium chain fatty acids and MTCs i.e. Medium chain triglycerides in abundance which help the metabolism be revved up.
- Ayurvedic herbs useful for treating hypothyroidism are kanchnar, Bauhinia variegata i.e. purple mountain ebony, Jatamansi, brahmi, guggulu, shilajit, gokshura, and punarnava.
- Consume a mixture of Indian gooseberry i.e. amla churna with honey, daily before breakfast.
- One of the main causes of Hypothyroidism is insufficient amount of iodine. Drinking the juice acquired from jalakumbhi i.e. Pistia Stratiotes everyday in doses amounting from 11gm to 22gm increases the iodine content and helps treat hypothyroidism.