Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Shihivasan

Dentist, Chennai

Dr. Shihivasan Dentist, Chennai
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

To provide my patients with the highest quality healthcare, I'm dedicated to the newest advancements and keep up-to-date with the latest health care technologies....more
To provide my patients with the highest quality healthcare, I'm dedicated to the newest advancements and keep up-to-date with the latest health care technologies.
More about Dr. Shihivasan
Dr. Shihivasan is an experienced Dentist in K K Nagar, Chennai. You can consult Dr. Shihivasan at Chennai Smiles in K K Nagar, Chennai. Don’t wait in a queue, book an instant appointment online with Dr. Shihivasan on has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Chennai Smiles

No 32/C, Vaidhya Raman Street, T Nagar, ChennaiChennai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Shihivasan

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I'm a 23 year old male and I'm having pain in my gum since yesterday. While it may be wisdom tooth, should I consult a doctor?

MDS - Periodontics
Dentist, Delhi
Hello. Sudden gum pain can be caused if something sharp had pricked on your gums. If not it can be due to pocket ie food lodgment in gums. You need scaling and local drug delivery to that particular gum region.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

PGDHCM, Cert.Implant, D.Ortho, F.A.G.E, BDS
Dentist, Bangalore
Brushing twice daily should be followed @ any cost
And sweets and sugars should be avoided after dinner

I am 60 yrs old frequently suffering from decayed teeth blackend and some cavities with sensitivity.

Dentist, Kota
get restoration for all decayed teeth as soon as possible and learn to maintain oral hygiene. visit your dentist every three month for checkup.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have patches on my tongue which is called as geographical tongue and my eyelids and my palm keep beating like as if somebody is pumping blood and also I have low sex drive that is NO INTEREST IN SEX at all, to come out of it I discussed with my friends who said that there is something wrong I am 32 years, Unmarried and weigh 80 kgs 5.5 inches and also irregular heavy periods that last for more than 2 months sometimes.

General Physician, Mumbai
I will suggest you to take tablet folvite twice a day for a month and revert back after completion and Get your vital parameters of the body checked from a nearby doctor and revert back with findings
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I feel granules in my mouth,stiffness in jaws,burning sensation inside of both cheeks,feeling irritation on outside of left cheek. Earlier I have shown to dentist for oral cancer but they told that it is a fat pad no oral cancer. I am confused. I still feels the problems in mouth

A.C.C.I - Accredited and Certified Course in Implantology, MDS - Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry, BDS
Dentist, Jammu
Dear, If you have lots of spices or gutka or tobacco chewing etc. There is great possibility that you may be suffering from OSMF. But, it will be better to have a dental check up by a good Dental Surgeon to allow him evaluate your condition and then guide you out of this mess.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Some doctor says my teeth was suffering from pyria? Can scaling is better for my teeth otherwise please you give me suggestion for being my healthy teeth?

Dentist, Howrah
Brush your tooth twice in a day, properly. Wash after eating food. Atleast once in a year visit dentist for scaling treatment & for regular check-up. & for pyria you have to take short course of medicine along with Scaling.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I do not brush regularly I realised its my mistake. Now my teeth has plaque n tartar. Someone told me for cleansing. But you scared if my teeth become weak. What to do. Please help can I take one dentist cleansing. Or any other way toh eliminate plaque and tartar.

General Physician, Mumbai
Dear Lybrateuser, - For removing the plaque & tartar do consult a dentist & have it cleaned, not to worry as teeth won't get deal - once the teeth are cleaned, to maintain them brush at least twice a day or better after every meal, also learn to floss - have 7-8 glasses of water for adequate hydration as dryness leads to deposit & staining - have more of fruits & vegetables as chew them helps remove tartar & keeps them shining.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dear, I am a heart patient. I want to know that what are the causes of bleeding from teeth. Bleeding comes once in a week accidentally from my teeth.

MDS - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Dentist, Chennai
Bleeding gums are caused by inadequate plaque removal. Plaque contains germs which attack the healthy tissue around the teeth. This will cause the gums to become inflamed and irritated, which may cause them to bleed when brushing or flossing. This is called gingivitis and is the first stage of gum disease.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am actually suffering a pain in beneath part of teeth (chigurulu) on mouth from 3 days. So please suggest a antibiotic to get remedy from this pain. Please help me doctor.

BDS, MDS - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Advanced course in maxillofacial sugery
Dentist, Lucknow
Antibiotics r not the answer consult a dentist if cavity get it filled you may require rct and cap.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My down layer gums very lose nd its leaving teeth. Wht to do. Nd cn you tell me the gum massage medicine name.

DGOI, Aesthetic , M.Sc - Master of Oral Implantology (MOI), MDS - Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics, BDS
Dentist, Bangalore
Hello Amit Lower teeth are the weakest teeth in our mouth and remember that the teeth has bone and the gums as foundation. So if the gums are weak then one of the foundation is getting weak. Amit take this as an emergency and make a visit to ur dentist regarding your gums. There are treatments to make ur gums better. Hope I clarified ur doubt Good luck and God bless Dr supreeth s m
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have a probleam in my end tooth of upper side where some gap and after eating some pieces of food is going there and iam feeling pain.I visited the Dentist and his advice taken xray and doctor checking that not agreed to open that teeth because it is not showing normally and this end teeth is giving me pain

Dentist, Ahmedabad
Sir, you are talking about your wisdom upper tooth. As per query it may be grossly decayed and infected. Your age is also more as per this condition. Teeth of any position or abnormal outline whatever we can remove that tooth. I would recommend you to consult us. At present you can take medicine which have high pain killing intensity thanks for consultation.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What are the basic charges of orthodontic treatment to minimize the gap between upper pair of teeth?

Dentist, Mumbai
Lybrate-user orthodontic treatment is expensive. Depends upon kind of treatment. Minimum basic charges are 25000/or can be more.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dear sir I have pain in my teeth from last 3 days. I can't eat hot and cold I teams. Kindly suggest what should I do please suggest.

MDS Prosthodontics, BDS
Dentist, Mohali
You are suffering from dental sensitivity. It can be due to cavity in your tooth or cervical erosion. In any case treatment it either filling or root canal that depends on its extent or proximity to pulp.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

MDS - Orthodontics
Dentist, Rajnandgaon
Brushing baking soda on your teeth twice a month can remove the stains of coffee or red wine and give you your pearly white teeth back.

From my teeth blood should be flow evry day. But there is no pain. So what can I do?

MDS - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Dentist, Chennai
Kindly consult a dentist in person for further suggestion. We need more investigations to decide upon treatment. You may need deep cleaning along with surgical, gum strengthening procedure. Rinse your mouth thoroughly with a mouth wash after every meals. Use gum paint for 2 to 3 weeks. Advance procedures can be done with laser. You may consult me in person. Dental tips: - visit a dentist every six months. Gargle your mouth thoroughly after every meal. Scrub gently to clean your tongue with a tongue cleaner. Floss all your teeth inter dentally & brush twice daily, morning & night, up & down short vertical strokes, with ultra-soft bristles, indicator brush.
6 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have problem in my stomach and make me bad mouth. Sometimes I cant talk to people near to me. I am not sure whether the smells come from my stomach or gum problem. Please guide me.

Ayurveda, Bangalore
Bad breath may be due to inadequate oral hygiene or even bad stomach. To get rid of this, brush your teeth twice daily. Rinse your mouth everytime after consuming anything. Floss your teeth regularly. Use mouth wash solutions to rinse your mouth. Visit a dentist every six months once to maintain good oral hygiene. Regarding your stomach problem, explain exactly what is the problem (whether you have indigestion, gastritis, loose motions or constpation, etc) so that it is easy to treat you properly.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 20 years old boy I have some white spots inside my mouth behind the lips and it creates problem during eating, infect it burns there.

oral implantology, BDS
Dentist, Jaipur
White spots as such is not a clue to diagnose the problem. You need to visit a dentist near you for the same. After diagnosis we cannplan for the treatment. You can start taking multivitamins till then.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 35 years old female and for last 1 week i have mouth infection, what should I do? Please advise.

Dentist, Varanasi
If viral infection it takes 7-15 days 2- for painful ulcer apply dologel ct. On affected area 3 times a day before meal 3- mouthwash clohex plus 3, times a day after meal.
5 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a diabetes patient and my sugar level is control but I do not know my right hand side tooth is paining alot from few days. Can you help me?

Homeopath, Bangalore
homoeopathic medicine Plantago 1M or Coffea cruda 1M 4Pills every 4th hrly..take this medicine n people have a misconception that homoeopathic pills are sweet n they ll disturb the sugar levels.. trust me it doesn't..they are sweet but not to that extent..Take lots of soft foods..
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed