Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SheryYour feedback matters!
Certain diseases are fatal, thus, proper measures must be taken to ensure that once the symptoms have been confirmed, treatment must start immediately. Syphilis is one of the most communicable sexually transmitted diseases. If left untreated, Syphilis can be fatal.
It can lead to heart disease, brain damage and blindness. A woman infected with Syphilis can also pass it on unknowingly to her baby, if she suffers from the disease during her pregnancy. Syphilis can be easily treated, but if left too late, the antibiotics that treat it cannot reverse the damage caused by Syphilis.
Syphilis can be tested by:
- A blood test: In most cases, a simple blood test can confirm the presence of Syphilis by showing signs of the antibodies used to fight it.
- Testing the fluid from the sores: This is usually done in the case of primary or secondary Syphilis when sores are present on the patient's skin. Looking at a scraping of the sore under a microscope can be used to diagnose Syphilis if it shows the presence of the Syphilis bacteria.
- Testing cerebrospinal fluid: This is performed only in extreme cases of Syphilis where the disease may have caused complications with your nervous system. The earlier Syphilis is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat.
Syphilis is usually treated with antibiotics amongst which penicillin is the most preferred. If you've had Syphilis for less than a year, a single injected dose of penicillin can stop the disease from progressing. You may need additional doses if you have been suffering from Syphilis for more than a year. Penicillin is also the only antibiotic that can cure Syphilis and suits pregnant women as well. If you have been diagnosed with Syphilis during pregnancy, your baby should also be treated for it.
When undergoing treatment for Syphilis, here are a few other points to keep in mind:
- Abstain from oral, vaginal and anal sex until the sores have healed
- Get blood tests at regular intervals for at least a year after treatment
- Get tested for an HIV infection
- Fevers, nausea, headaches and chills are normal side effects associated with Syphilis treatment
- If you are allergic to penicillin, let your doctor know so that you can be given an alternative antibiotic
- If you have a lesion around your mouth, Syphilis can even spread through kissing another person
The good news is that once you've been cured of Syphilis, it does not recur. However, it is recommended to always use protection while having intercourse and abstain from sexual activities if your partner suffers from Syphilis.
Which are the best days and time for the sexual intercourse with spouse in a month such that pregnancy should be avoided?
So what can cause your hair to fall at an alarming rate?
The reasons behind hair loss could be many, but here are 6 major ones:
1. Lack of protein in your diet
When you exclude protein from your diet, your body starts to conserve the protein that it has by altering the growth cycle of your hair. In such cases, your hair enters into the resting stage, resulting in zero hair growth.
In India, 9 out of 10 people are said to suffer from low amounts of protein in their diet, with 91% vegetarians reporting protein deficiency.
2. Iron deficiency
Iron plays a very important role in the transportation of oxygen to the different organs of the body. Lack of iron in your diet (which is the principle reason behind anaemia) can give rise to several health problems including hair loss. Your body attempts to direct oxygen to important organs so as to support their functioning. As a result, your scalp witnesses a low supply of oxygen, which causes hair loss.
3. Vitamin D-3 deficiency
Deficiency of vitamin D-3 gives rise to a type of hair loss called Telogen Effluvium (TE). This is a temporary hair thinning phenomenon that takes place when the all the hair on your scalp enter the resting phase at the same time, subsequently causing you to shed a large amount of hair later on.
Smoking can also affect the health of your hair, especially the rate at which it falls and the number of strands lost in a day. A research carried out by the Harvard School of Public Health has revealed that smoking can cause a rise in a hormone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
An increase in DHT level prevents new hair cells from growing and causes hair follicles to reduce in size with each hair cycle. As a result, the area on your scalp that gets affected by DHT experiences a lack of hair growth.
5. Use of testosterone supplements in gym
Intake of testosterone in the form of supplements and injections to build muscle mass can trigger hair loss in men. This takes place when the testosterone in these supplements gets changed into DHT, thereby affecting your hair loss rate and amount.
6. Past illnesses (dengue, TB and typhoid)
Falling of hair can also be brought on by illnesses such as typhoid, TB and dengue as the hair growth cycle comes to a stop. Hormonal or metabolic stress that is experienced during the course of such diseases may cause hairfall.
What are the treatments available to cure hair loss?
1. Hair transplant
Hair transplant is a minimally invasive surgical technique that transfers hair follicles taken from other parts of your body to the balding area. Known by the name of Follicular Unit Transplantation, this hair loss treatment can help to bring back the natural appearance of a fuller head of hair. Hair follicles are harvested using two procedures- follicular unit extraction and strip harvesting. Procedure can vary from 4-8 hours or more depending on the case.
2. Platelet- Rich Plasma (PRP)
Platelet- Rich Plasma (PRP) is another treatment alternative that can reverse hair loss. It’s a simple non-surgical procedure that lasts about 60-90 minutes. In this form of hair treatment, the patient’s own blood cells, more specifically blood platelets are injected into the scalp. Usually 8 sittings are required with each sitting being 2 weeks apart for better results.
3. Low Level Laser (Light) Therapy (LLLT)
This form of hair therapy utilises light energy of a specific wavelength and threshold to stimulate cellular activity, thereby promoting hair growth. Various controlled clinical tests have revealed its effectiveness in encouraging hair growth in both the genders.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult"
I am a girl of age 21 and I masturbate a lot whenever I am alone due to which I'm unable to concentrate on studies and I sleep alot and always tired sleepy.
My friend was bleeding after completion of periods this month. She was bleeding from 5th-9th (periods) this month and suddenly today again a little amount of blood came from vagina. What is the cause for this? Is there any way to reduce this problem.
My bf said I'm have a broad vaginal opening. I was virgin, but is it possible to have a broad opening naturally. Also I started masturbating a year ago of my first sex tat to only clitoris masturbation never inserted anything.
I am 26 years old female and i am having bodyache from last 3months and I got my miscarriage last month. Please tell me what should I take to get rid of it and why is this happening to me?
I am 22. And from last year I was having problem in my periods. Shortly I was diagnosed with pcos. M not able to understand what it is. Does it mean I will not get pregnant evr. As my ultrasound suggest that I have follicles in my left ovary where as my right overy does not have any follicles or cysts or anything. It is just little bit expand. So does it mean my right ovary is producing egg n left is not. Pls help me with this. M really not understanding n its making me frustrated. Pls help.
Hi, I am 27 years old. I got married 2 years before. And till now i did not get pregnant. I suddenly increased my weight. I don't know why. So I just take my thyroid and haemoglobin test yesterday. The report of haemoglobin is 12.1 and the report of thyroid is T3 level 3.36 T4 level 1.04 serum TSH level is 1.11. So please tell me doctor as I have thyroid? And how can I reduce my weight? What is the correct time for intercourse to get pregnant?
Respected sir/ ma'am. I had unprotected sex on 27 august 2016. I did beta hcg after 51 days of intercourse whose result was < 1.20 miU/mL. Home urine pregnancy test also came NEGATIVE I had bleeding 23 October ,23 November, 21December as well as 19 January for five days each. But today I am having on 10 February I am having constipation. I read on internet that constipation is common in second trimester. So Is it because of pregnancy or normal constipation?
Hello doctor, Before pregnancy me nd my wife njoy the sex. Bt after pregnancy we not njoy sex properly. My wife has normal delivery before 45 days. What the reason? Nd how to increase my penis size?
Dysentery is the inflammation of the intestine that causes appearance of blood and mucous in stool. It is caused by bacteria or parasites. In this condition, the patient passes semi liquid stool many times in a day. It is a contagious disease and is transmitted via the faecal oral route. Thus, a group of people like a family living together or students in a hostel are more prone to picking up the infection. This infection is also transmitted via anal sex.
Ayurveda is a herbal medicinal treatment, originated in India. It is known to have cure for various health problems. Usually Diarrhoea cures itself through diet change, but in case of dysentery, medication is required to combat bacteria and parasites. Some ways to treat Dysentery with Ayurvedic remedies are as follows:
- Isabbael for Chronic Amoebiasis: Isabbael is a formulation that treats dysentery caused due to Amoebiasis. When the stool contains mucus and the infected patient feels a cramp before passing stool, it is considered an Amoebiasis infection. Isabbael is very good for bacillary dysentery as well. It is advised to consume 1 teaspoonful twice daily with water for 5 to 7 days for best results.
- Ambimap for dysentery: Ambimap herbal formulation possesses a multi-purpose approach to control and cure dysentery (Pravahika). It is known to treat and cure all types of parasitic infection and provides immediate relief. For best results, 1 or 2 tablets should be taken 2 to 3 times a day with water.
- Churna for dysentery: Churna is a polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine in powdered form and is high beneficial in treating dysentery.
You can also opt for Ayurvedic remedies that can be formulated at home. They are as follows:
- Combine powdered dry ginger root, amla powder, long and black pepper in equal proportions. It is advisable to store this dry mixture in a glass container. For best results, consume one teaspoon of this mixture with lukewarm water two times a day.
- Another great way to combat dysentery is to drink buttermilk. Just add a bit of rock salt as well as powdered roasted cumin seeds. Drink this mixture two times a day preferably with breakfast and at lunchtime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Dysfunction which hampers yours intimacy with your partner is an ailment that has affected over 30 million men in the United States. It is a condition where a man cannot achieve or maintain an erection during an intimate performance and it also leads to reduced sexual drive. It can happen to anybody at any time and fatigue, stress, performance anxiety and relationship problems also cause erectile dysfunction.
You shall have to visit an expert if you have been suffering from these ailments for over two weeks. The standard treatment include implants, surgery and vacuum pumps. But you can also try the natural options like being physically active, losing weight, curbing down alcohol consumption and smoking.
- Walk along: When you wish to boost your sexual performance, you will have to just walk 2 miles a day. This would definitely help those men who are obese to reduce their risk of erectile dysfunction as well as reverse it potentially. Maintaining a trimmed waistline is essential for a healthy sex life. Also, maintaining a proper weight is a great way of preventing erectile dysfunction.
- Involve your nether regions: Pelvic workouts, which are commonly referred to as kegel workouts are used for promoting urinary continence as well as good sexual health. They also help in strengthening the bulbocavernosus muscle that helps your body in three different ways. First of all, it helps the penis to swell with blood at the time of intercourse, pumps while you ejaculate and helps in emptying the urethra after you urinate.
- Take watermelon juice: A slice of chilled watermelon will not just quench your thirst, it will also help your sexual health. An amino acid called citrulline which is present in watermelon is known for improving blood flow to the penis. Plus, it is easier for the stomach to digest and can act to be your natural Viagra.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture has now become a way of treating all kinds of ailments ranging from back pain to depression and erectile dysfunction seems to be no exception. Through this alternate therapy, fine needles would be placed in various regions of the body for relieving stress. This, in turn, would alleviate your erectile dysfunction as well.
- Take L-Arginine substitutes: L-arginine is an amino acid which is naturally present in the body and helps in making nitric oxide that supports erection. Nitric oxide also helps in relaxing of blood vessels and keeps the erection sustained.
These five natural tips would definitely help you combat sexual dysfunction. However, if you see that the problems persist over a few weeks in spite of trying these natural methods, then you shall have to consult an expert.