Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SheriffYour feedback matters!
I am 28 year male. Mujhe muh mai chale hai aur dawaii lene se thik ho jate hai par phir ek do din mai phir se ho jate hai. So please help me.
Dear Doctors, How to deal with mouth and tongue ulcer during 10th week of pregnancy. Met with E & T, refuse to prescribe any antibiotic medication. Told to gargle with saline water. Can I have any other home remedy which will not affect baby and can cure my whitey ulcers.
Hi, I have small patch of leukoplakia left cheek due to dip tobacco. I quit dip tobacco before 2 -1/2 years. But always feeling burning sensation in mouth. Already biopsy doing but negative. Not open mouth full. Only 1.8 cm opening. I advised by dentist surgeon he said kenokart. Onitmeny apply and take fibro tab two times. Please advised me what I do for mouth p Opening and small white patch. Thank you.
Hello I have cavity in my tooth so I want it to fill so which filling is better for me. The white one or silver one as for long time duration basis.
My teeth is damaged in medium of a teeth. So now its get too pain when I took anything in mouth. So what treatment is there for it.
I am suffering with teeth pain when I take cool items like cool water, ice cream so please suggest a solution for my problem.
I feel pain in my teeth when I drink any hot beverage like tea, coffee and cold drink etc. I m 32 years old and never had such kind of problem earlier.
I have a teeth ache problem whenever I drink cold water I feel this. Please tell me how to get over this problem.
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"