Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. ShekarYour feedback matters!
Hi, i am from Delhi 42 years of age for last 10-15 days I am suffering from urine infection have consulted a homeopath doctor and he is assuring that this is common in summers when urine is passed thru it is a very burning itching and all the time yellow and whiite pus type of thick liquid is present. I am little bit worried can you please advice me accordingly what to do ?
I am 26 years old male I am suffering from kidney stone & stone size is 6.8mm near PU junction & ecogenic Shadow size is 4.1mm in the upper pole of the left kidney. Please advice as I don't want and kind of surgical or operation. please advice. Thanks in Advance.
Hi Doctor, My Details:- Gender: Male Age: 37 years Status: Married Weight: 56 Kgs I'm facing this re-curing problem of anal fissures due to constipation for last 8-10 months. One doctor (General Medicine) from Apollo Clinic, had advised me to take fruits with banana two times a day and predominantly stay on veg diet (less masala in food preparation) with occasional non-veg since as per her it’s a lifestyle issue. And in case, if the pain returns, I have to take Cremaffin 2-3 times after having food and Rifagut 200 mg (2 times). Her advice and prescription worked well. But last week, I had non-veg for 2 days at a stretch, after which the pain returned and I took Cremaffin 2-3 times after having food and Rifagut 200 mg (2 times), but the pain is still there. Can you advise me any other antibiotic in place of cremaffin as I suspect it got immune to my body. Thanks Best Regards,
I am taking laxative Smith l syrup in night and ointments ano metrogyl & dipsalic F.how much time does it take for fissure to cure by ointments and medications?
I am 32 years old, I have pain while urinating and even I seen blood in urine other symptoms like a more frequent urge to urinate, pain in vagina while urinating, chills etc, please help me and what medicine I should take.
I have burning sensation in my urine from last 6 to 8 months. I have done urine R/E ans CS test three times but no abnormality found. I drink plenty of water still burning sensation. please suggest some remedy.
I am 28 years old and I am suffering with diabetes and urine Infection from last 2 years please suggest me sugar 280 right now.
Sir muje pesab m jalan aur dard ki problem h 1 month s usg v kraya bt sb normal h please help me sir m bhutt tension me hu.
Hi, I have stone problems. My left abdomen area paining if I didn't drink water regularly. Please suggest how should I come over from this problem. Thanks, Aldrin.
Urinary incontinence is a health condition in men, which causes loss of bladder control. Urinary incontinence usually occurs in cases of medical conditions such as an enlarged prostate, Parkinson's disease and diabetes, and may also occur after a prostate surgery. Urinary incontinence is an irritating and embarrassing condition, but with proper treatment, it can be cured.
Here are several methods used to treat urinary incontinence:
- Caffeine, soda and carbonated drinks cause irritation in the bladder and worsen the symptoms of urinary incontinence. Alcohol is a diuretic and increases the amount of urine too. So abstain from coffee, alcohol and soft drinks to make a difference.
- Dietary adjustments are required for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Several spicy and acidic food items can make urinary incontinence worse. Hence, you should avoid having such foods for some time.
- Urinary incontinence can lead to stress and you must get rid of it for better health. You can try relaxation techniques, such as meditation and breathing exercises. Biofeedback is another option by which you can observe your bladder muscle contractions on a monitor.
- You should try a behavioral technique known as bladder training. This would require you to urinate every half hour, in spite of not having the urge. Slowly try to increase the time in between the bathroom breaks.
- You need to flex your muscles to gain control over urinary incontinence. Kegel exercises can be practiced as these boost the strength of your pelvic muscles. You should find the right muscles that are required to stop the passing of gas.
- Pads and disposable undergarments can be used by men. These help in preventing leaks and also protect the skin from irritation and odor.
- There are several medicines, which help in the treatment of urinary incontinence in men. Some of these work to relax muscles for preventing unwanted bladder contractions, while others help in blocking the nerve signals to the bladder. Drugs used for the shrinking of an enlarged prostate may also be used in some cases.
Surgery is the ultimate option for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Options include a male sling for urinary incontinence. A type of material is wrapped around the urethra for compressing it. Leaks because of coughing, sneezing or laughing are prevented. Artificial sphincter implants may also be used for treatment of urinary incontinence. A cuff is used in order to close the urethra. Urine is released by squeezing the pump to open the cuff. A device similar to a pacemaker is used to stimulate nerves, which help in relaxing the bladder and pelvic floor.
Urinary incontinence is a condition which causes reduced self confidence in men. But there are several ways to treat this condition which include home remedies as well as medications and surgery.