Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShekarYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 5 months old, she is taking formal milk. Past 10 days she is suffering from cold I gave coriminic drops 0.5 ml (her weight is 5.2 kg) and nasivion nasal drops. Still I notice that her cold has not been cured. Please suggest me a remedies for her cold. Can I follow the same syrup with same douse or should I change it. Please help me with correct medicine.
When she is born she was normal after completing ten months when she takes her first step she fall from walker. Her left part paralyzed in few hours but we don't understand what is actual problem. Dr. Also don't understand than we go to jaipur hospital sartorial Duralbji. Dr. jain (pediatrician) give her aspirin table for six months. Physiotherapy started and after three months hand and leg caliper we use for her. I regularly do her exercise. Now she is better but not perfectly fine. She not use her left hand properly and her leg knee also go back side. Please help me I want to see her in perfect condition.
Children generally tend to be fairly over active and have lesser attention spans. However, when this tends to get into their performance at school and in general with getting along with other children it may be a sign of ADD or attention deficit disorder. Let's look at some of the common symptoms of this disorder.
Symptoms of ADD:
- Problems in staying focused: One of the very basic symptom is that children will often be very inattentive even during classes and will be easily distracted by small things.
- Problems in trying to remember things or difficulty in following instructions: Children with attention deficit disorder tend to have issues with remembering things and if given tasks, being unable to complete as they can't remember instructions properly.
- Issues with organizing, planning and trying to finish tasks: Due to the lack of attention, kids have problems retaining information and cannot plan or finish tasks given to them on a daily basis.
- Easily bored or loses interest: Even if a child with ADD starts with something they like, interest may wane off quickly. Thus it is difficult to make them stick to a specific work schedule which may require regular practice.
- Lack of attention to details and making careless mistakes: This is another trait of children with attention deficit disorder. They may be able to complete a task, but it will be fraught with mistakes as they wouldn't have much attention to detail.
- Has a tendency to not listen when someone is speaking to them: This is also very common and is usually tied to being easily distracted and thus will drift off or not listen to when someone is speaking to them.
Some Myths about ADD:
- All kids with ADD are hyperactive
- They will eventually grow out of it
- Medication is the only option to treat ADD
- ADD is not really a disorder and kids need to be trained better
Most of these are half truths and the extent of the problems varies from child to child. Only proper counseling will be able to diagnose the extent of the problem and what needs to be done.
How to spot ADD in Children:
ADD can be spotted in children aged below 7 years via certain symptoms. Apart from the ones mentioned above, children generally tend be abrasive towards others and can make embarrassing comments quite often. They also change tasks very quickly without completing any of them. Any distraction would force them to change their track. It is best to go to a child specialist to get your child checked out for possible symptoms.
Sir kindly advise recent blood report of my son are as under 1. ALP 769 U/L 2. Calcium 10.2 mg/dl 3. Phosphorus 5.1 mg/dl 4. Calcium serum 9.8 mg/dl 5. PTH 53.9 pg/ml may please advise what problem is with him.
I want to increase my toddler 3.6years immunity as every 2nd month he had cold and cough. He has Adenoid also due to which his ear has fluid in it which disturb hearing. Thanks.
My daughter 3.8 years old suffering from fever last 4-5 days after medicine again fever come, she nothing eats pls suggest me what should be done.
My daughter is 2.4 years old. She is suffering from skin disease since 10_12 days. Some acne like thing is there on her face,head ,hands and legs which itches very much. Her HB is 8.2 nd other tests are normal. We have visited several doctors including skin specialist. They all say that its just allergy. But no medicine is curing her perfectly. What should I do? She is getting very irritated of itching
1. Start chewing from both the side.
2. It may take 7-10 days to adjust with new crown or bridge.
3. Maintain proper oral hygiene with brushing twice a day.
Many women develop uterine fibroids by the time they hit the age of 50 years and above. These are non-cancerous growths that may occur in the uterus. Most women go through severe bleeding and pain as well as discomfort as a result of these fibroids. Age, family history of the same condition, obesity or being overweight, eating habits and even ethnicity play a large role in deciding the risk of each individual patient. These fibroids can grow in the submucosal, intramural and subserosal areas.
Following are the common side effects of uterine fibroids:
- Frequent urination: Due to the pressure of the fibroids on the uterus, the patient may experience a constant feeling of fullness in the lower pelvic area of the body, which may lead to frequent filling of the bladder. This gives rise to frequent trips to the washroom for urination.
- Heavy Bleeding: Severe bleeding is one of the most common causes of the presence of these kinds of fibroids. The patient may experience a lot of bleeding during menstrual periods, as well as pain and cramps the rest of the time. The periods will also be very painful when there are fibroids in the uterus or the uterine lining.
- Painful Intercourse: It is a well-known fact that any kind of infection or growth as well as sores and other such ailments can lead to vaginal dryness as well as pain during sexual intercourse. This is true for uterine fibroids as well, which can lead to severe pain during sexual activity. These fibroids can also give rise to pain in the lumbar or lower back region.
- Abdomen Swelling: The abdomen may go through significant swelling in such a condition and the patient may even look like she is pregnant. The growth can push the shape of the abdomen outwards and create a full feeling.
- Pregnancy Complications: The presence of uterine fibroids can give rise to several complications during pregnancy and even after child birth. One of the most common problems in this case is bleeding, followed by more severe outcomes like miscarriage. The women suffering from uterine fibroids are at greater risk of undergoing a caesarean section for the delivery of the baby. The baby may also be born breech and a premature delivery may take place.
- Infertility: This is also a rare side effect of the uterine fibroids and is generally seen only in very severe cases.
- Cancer: Only one in every 1000 cases might transform into malignant tumours. These uterine fibroids are generally known to be non-malignant.
Any symptoms must be reported to a gynaecologist at the earliest to avoid any serious complications.