Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shekar
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShekarYour feedback matters!
My father is diagnosed with Parkinson disease. I have added the medications which he was taking for almost 6 months. Now he is taking Syndopa plus, lonazep, excelon tablets. In spite of taking the tablets he seems to be having no improvement in his body. He feels dizziness, hands shivering, unexpected smiling etc through out the day. Can any of you suggest a good remedy for it. If taking or eating anything else will improve the condition then do suggest that also.
Hello doc. My grandmother is going though a brain prob. She likes only clean things. She will not even let me touch her. Se stays in toilet for 6 to 7 hrs per day. If she has to piss. She bath. If she wants 2 poop she baths and also cleans the toilet for 3 hrs. please help.
Deafness in children is not an uncommon phenomenon. 1-3 infants per 1000 birth is born with congenital sensory disorder. This is much higher when conductive hearing losses both congenital and acquired are taken into account. There is lack of awareness about the gravity of the problem among general population and medical fraternity.
- Children learn to communicate by imitating the sounds they hear. Deafness in the early months of life in a child deprives this valuable sensory input. This results in non development of speech or delayed speech/language development, social problems and academic difficulties.
- The goal of early intervention is to integrate the deaf child into the family and into society, to ensure development of normal/near normal speech and to enable the growth and development of a healthy confident child.
- Universal neonatal hearing screening (UNHS) can diagnose babies born with deafness. They can be treated with hearing aid or cochlear implant to restore their hearing and subsequently speech language therapy started as soon as possible.
- Early intervention results in normal or near normal speech and the affected child can be integrated into the society.
- The parents, doctors and the society should come together and work hand in hand for achieving this goal.