Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SheikhYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 23 years old & I am suffering from dark knuckle & toes, I have tried bio oil & lemon also but is of no use. please prescribe me medicine.
I hav got sunken eyes and dark circles at the age of 27 it's getting wrst day by day how can I get rid of them, also it's genetically I don't sit much in front of computer I don't take stress. How can I get rid.
Sir, Kindly tell me how to get rid of oily skin forever, especially on nose. And get a fair white skin.
I have got small skin nodules 5 /6 on side of my neck for last 10 yrs, which were initially very small but now grown to a size of pulse. These are painless, what are this. Can these be removed? will they grow again? is it painful?
I am a 25yr old male and have blackheads on my face. I use many cream but nothing made good result. I use glocin gel and melenorms-ms cream that cream not do any thing. So what I do? Give me some usage how I remove this?
Pain in breast from some days, want to know why its happening, this for the first time m facing this problem. What could be the problem. Do I need to consult doctor for this .pls help me.
Are home remedies for white patches shown on net useful. If yes up to what extend. I'm covered with white patches on the hand, elbow, chest, stomach and it is increasing rapidly. What is the best method in home remedies. I also have periodic pimples on my bumb, which itches and is recurrent, skin has become black I'm applying Betnovet Gm vety often. Pl. Suggest cream. My age is 48 yrs. Pl. Reply Sir. Thank you.
Im having pigmentation around lips since last 6 years. I tried natural remedies lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, aloe vera daily at night, besan turmeric face pack but noticed no changes. Please tell me how can I get rid of it. Right now im taking himalaya manjistha tablets for it 250 mg one tab after meals twice day.
Im male 20 years completed. I had very white skin 9 years before and now I turned into black now. Please help me is any soaps available to solve my problem or give me any suggestion to get white skin.
I'm 14 years old I have dandruff I'm feeling very much uneasy I have oily skin I use talcum face powder daily I have tried head and shoulders shampoo I use LUX soap What should I do? Please help. Reply Fast Thanks.
The skin has underlying protein layers, mainly having collagen and keratin. With age, they lose elasticity and the skin begins to sag. This is where facelift gained popularity with various techniques including Botox, chemical fillers, laser beam treatment, and chemical peels. Read on to know how these minimally invasive, economic options work in literally lifting up the face:
- Laser treatment: A beam of laser (usually CO2 laser) is used to make small dots on the skin with normal skin left untouched in between. This causes tightening of the tissue underneath, producing a firmer appearance which can take off years from the appearance.
- Botox: This accidentally discovered neurotoxin is used to treat wrinkles and sagging skin. The sagging areas of the face (usually forehead and nasal folds) are injected with Botox. The wrinkles are gone and the fine lines are lost, and the result can last for up to 8 months.
- Fillers: Chemicals which are naturally present in the skin like hyaluronic acid and collagen extracts are injected into the skin to fill up the underlying skin and produce a fuller, younger appearance. The lower cheeks, corners of the eyes and mouth, and area under the eyes are commonly treated by this method.
- Chemical peeling: The top layer is often peeled off using chemicals so that fresh, younger-looking skin is generated. This also helps in reducing pigmentation, reducing forehead lines, de-tanning, and producing a glowing, radiant, younger-appearing skin. It also can be used in other skin conditions including rosacea.
While each of these is widely popular, they come with a set of potential risks and complications.
- Anaesthetic reaction: Most of the above procedures require local anaesthesia and there could be a reaction to this chemical.
- Hematoma: There could be small hematomas in the underneath layers of the skin, which will take some time but dissolve on its own
- Numbness/tingling: The face has a rich nerve supply, and if any of these are touched, there could be numbness or tingling or even loss of sensation in some cases. While some may improve with time, there also could be permanent damage
- Scarring: In chemical peels, there could be minor incisions and therefore scarring can happen.
- Delayed healing: Depending on the person’s immunity, healing could be delayed, and as it is the face, social and/or professional life can be affected.
- Infection: As with any surgery, chances of infection arise and can be managed with antibiotics.
- Bleeding: As most of these are non- or minimally-invasive, chances of severe bleeding are less but still persist.
- Bruising: The face, in the immediate postop period, can have a bruised appearance, which will improve over 4 to 5 days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.