Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SheikhYour feedback matters!
I have started developing dark circles and wrinkles around my eyes due to irregular sleep patterns with my 5 month old baby. I also have a genetic pigmentation problem which shows most on my face and hands. Please help me get a solution to both these problems.
Hi Dr. my sister is suffering from skin problem she did threading on her face but it was 3 months past but her thin area becomes black type circle could you please suggest me some cure to it.
How to get rid from dark black circles around eyes called as dark circles. Caused due to no sleep. And vitamin deficiency and make eyes glow with no dark patch for beautiful look.
Hello my age is 22 years recently I diagnose fibroadenoma in my both breast one is 4 cms doctor said that It will be safe remove from surgery remaining 8 are small lumps about 1 cm in both breasts I'm full sugar in future the small lumps (fibroadenoma) will turn too grow what precautions I should take to prevent this small lumps will go their own or they remain same how many days it will take to grow pizz what I should do I'm studying because of this I'm not concentrating on my studies.
The gallbladder is a small organ found beneath the right side of the liver and it works by collecting and concentrating BILE, a digestive fluid produced by the liver. The bile helps in digesting fats in the small intestine.
Gallbladder problems are usually caused due to the presence of gallstones in the gall bladder. These are small and hard stones made up of cholesterol and bile salts. You are more prone to get gallstones if you are-
- Over 40
- Are pregnant
- Have a family history of gallstones
The gallbladder is not an essential organ, and its removal is one of the most common surgical procedures performed on patients today. This is a low risk surgery and can even be performed on pregnant women.
In short, the primary advantages of surgically removing the gallbladder over nonsurgical treatment are that it can rule out gallstones and prevent gallbladder cancer in the future. And the removal of this organ is not associated with any impairment of digestion in people.
Benefits of Gallstone surgery
There are no known means through which you can prevent gallstones. And once you get gallstones, you will suffer from:
These symptoms present themselves as the gallstones block the flow of bile out of the gallbladder, causing it to swell. You may also become more prone to jaundice.
Disadvantages of non-surgical treatments-
Non-surgical treatments are available for gallstones, but these are temporary. They include dietary adjustments and reduction of fat intake.
These treatments have a low success rate and symptoms usually continue unless the gallbladder is removed. Hence, surgical removal of the gallbladder is the time-honoured and safest treatment of gallbladder disease.
Types of Gallstone surgery
- Open procedures- Until the early 1990s, gallstone removal was done through open cholecystectomy, in which the gallbladder was removed through a wide incision in the abdomen.
- Nowadays, laparoscopic cholecystectomy is the standard procedure. In this, small incisions are made to remove the gall bladder.
- This type of surgery is done in patients who have inflammation in the gallbladder, but they have no gallstones. It is also being done in those who have gallstones, but no symptoms.Laparoscopy has replaced open cholecystectomy as it offers some significant advantages: shhort down time- You can leave the hospital and resume normal life much earlier, compared to open surgery.
- Smaller incisions and less postoperative pain and disability.
- Fewer complications.
- Less expensive in the long term.
However, a few experts believe that the open procedure has a number of advantages over laparoscopy, like:
- Faster to perform.
- Less of a risk for bile duct injury compared with laparoscopy.
But all said and done, open surgery has more overall complications than laparoscopy. Another point to note, is that bile-duct injury rates with laparoscopy are declining steeply.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar remover cream for a months but did not see any changes. What should I do?
Hello friends. I am Dr Saurabh Mishra. I am a senior consultant in Urology in Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi. Now I am going to discuss something about Prostate. As you know prostate is a very common problem and it is not only seen by the urologist but so many other colleagues in the medical specialities, specially the physician. There are lot of myths and confusions about the Prostate in patients as well as the health care professionals. So, I would like to simplify the treatment methods for the prostate specially from the patient's point of view.
For the treatment protocol, we keep the patients into three categories;
- Those patients who are asymptomatic and incidently been detected an emlarged prostate. Anything above 20g prostate, we call it as enlarged prostate. So, suppose a patient have some symptoms, he has undergone ultarsound and enlarged prostate was picked up. Such patients lie in Group-1. They do not need any treatment and kept under observation. Once they face any problem, they are given appropriate treatment.
- Group-2 are those patients who suffer some urinary problems. Most commonly, they face frequent urine at night. In this category, they can have some obstructive features also. For example, they take long time to pass urine, the last part of the utine comes slowly that is called dribbling of urine. If these symptoms are present, the patient goes to the doctor and doctor evaluates and if no complicated factors are found then the medical treatment is started. So many medicines are available for the medical treatment of the Prostate. But unfortunately, most of them belong to same family. Due to this, if one drug fails to work then the options are least.
- Group-3 patients are those who have complications. The complication may include the recurrent urinary tract infection, recurrent blood in urine, either of the kidney or both the kidneys are enlarged, bladder stones etc. If these symptoms are present, then it becomes the complicated factor. If any of tehse factors or all of these are present in the patient, then these patients may directly be planned for the surgery and no medical treatment is incorporated in such patients.
Few things we come to know. I have never dicussed about the size of the prostate. That means the size of the prostate will not tell about the treatment. There are so many patients who took treatment from the physician also. So, to such patients, I want to clarify the thing that the treatment is not that complicated but the treatment should be incorporated. The patient should be clarifies about the problem and the treatment and the group should be evaluated for the patient.
Thank you so much.