Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Sheela RajanYour feedback matters!
Hey My mom has diabetes. She praises alot but she has her tea (normal tea made with milk) with normal sugar so should I give her tea with sugar free?
3. Red grapefruit
7. Fish like salmon, tuna
8. Flax seeds
12. Nuts ie. Walnut, almonds, pistachios
14. Red onions
Helo doctors. My question is. My mother just today she tested her diabetic test and the result came. She has fasting plasma glucose is 148 mg/dl. So I want to know that which types of this one and her post prandial plasma glucose is 162 mg/dl. Her age is 45. So can someone explain me that is it bad or normal and this can be control. And can it be totally cure by medicine.
For last 7 years my blood sugar (fasting) varies from 125 to155 & pp varies from 137 to 175. I take normal food & sugarless black tea. Age 68yrs. No doctor recommended me any medicine but suggested some advise which I follow. Kindly give your recommendation.
Diabetes is also known as diabetes mellitus, is a group of metabolic diseases, which raises the glucose level in the blood. If suffering from diabetes, parts of your body might get affected with other diseases as well, like bad eyesight, etc.
Diabetes is of 3 types:
- Type 1 Diabetes: where your body stops insulin production.
- Type 2 Diabetes: where your body does not produce enough insulin to function on or where the cells of your body do not react toward the insulin produced
- Gestational Diabetes: This is the diabetes you or your partner may suffer from during pregnancy.
Suffering from diabetes can make your lifestyle extremely difficult as you will have to go through a lot of restrictions. In order to avoid diabetes and its various outcomes, here are some tips you can follow:
- Keep your weight in control: Make sure you are of the right weight according to your height. If you are more than what you should weigh, and you are creeping towards obesity, you have a high chance of succumbing to diabetes. If you are already obese, start working towards losing weight. Even if you lose 5% of your weight, you will slash the risk of having diabetes by 70%.
- Walk: No exercise is better and easier than walking. Try walking as much as you can. Walking will help you reduce the risk of getting affected with diabetes. If you walk for around 35 minutes every day, you are cutting down the risk of diabetes by almost 30%. Walking, being an exercise, helps your body use the insulin produced in your body more efficiently.
- Drink coffee: Coffee, unlike common belief of being harmful, is actually very beneficial when it comes to keeping diabetes at bay. Coffee contains caffeine, which is believed to improve metabolism. Coffee also has potassium, magnesium and various antioxidants which enable the cells to absorb glucose. Drinking coffee regularly might lower the risk of diabetes by 29%.
- Get proper rest at night: If you sleep for less than 6 hours every night, then the risk of you suffering from diabetes is doubled. But that doesn't mean you are supposed to oversleep. If you sleep more than 8 hours, the risk of being affected with it rises to almost 75%. Hence sleep at least for 6 to 8 hours each night for a healthy life sans diabetes.
Dear sir, I have a problem of having ejaculating very early. I think I have very sensitivity at private parts. I have tried to have my control but I can't control more than a minute. I also am aroused very quickly. I also have high uric acid. Is it a reason for quick release? please help.
My father is 79years old and he is having severe acidity, so my question is whether he can take ALOPATHIC AND HOMEOPATHIC medicine for the same treatment in the same day, he is having both type of medicine (ALOPATHIC AND HOMEOPATHIC. He is also a heart patient and a diabetic.
I am 42 year old i have been suffering from diabetic before 8 year my blood sugar is 135 fasting &after meal 2 hour 165 before two year patient of pace maker.
Recently I gone through the blood & urine tests lft kft lipid profile hemogram etc & find high cholesterol of 240, high glucose rate of 240 in fasting & 375 in pp. High glucose in urine also. High esr rate also. Also done hba1c & very higher rate of 12.7 & I m shocked after this I never seen these type of tests results earlier in my life. It means am I diabetic patient now or if yes then what type of diabetes this is, is I have to take insulin now daily? What to do now what type of diet I have to follow? Which medicines I have to take for high cholesterol & high sugar. Is am now a heart patient too?
I am 56 year old I am diabetes from 15 years before meal 200 and after meal 300 medicine glimet ds 2 time but no control my diabetes.
I am 23 years old I am suffering from diabetes in last 3 years. I am using insulin, I don't like used insulin please suggestion me.
Dear sir my wife (34) is suffer thyroid problem. Her period is irregular. Tsh is 11.5. Now she is taken medicine thyrox 12.5 we have no baby. So that what can I do. Please suggested me. Thanks you sir.
I am an 75 year old female and have mild diabetes for which I tae medication. What should my blood sugar levels be at fasting and post prandial? Do I need to take blood tests for this?
Hypothyroid and latest test showed normal free T3 and T4 and Tsh was 8.5. Now on 50 mcg thyroxine. Previous test showed prolactin levels to be 29.8 and just completed 30 days course of MCBM 69 and B-Long. On cycle day 42 today and sexually active, no sign so early pregnancy and haven't taken a HPT yet. What is your advice? When should I repeat my tests?
I am a 33 years old female, suffering from hypothyroid. I am not losing weight. I weigh 104 kg. Please advice me.
Lot of Acidity problems both for us I.e. Me and wife. Pl let me know any medicine from which the problem stops once for all and does not have any side effects. I have High BP, Cholesterol and thyroid problems and my wife has thyroid problem. I take Ecosprin AV75, telista AM, betacard 50 mg , zyloric & Thyronorm 75 mg,; and my wife takes thyronorm 75 mg only.
According to world health organisation (WHO) infertility- is a couple's failure to achieve pregnancy after 12 months or more time period of regular unprotected sexual intercourse.
Causes for both:-
- Diabetes mellitus
- Thyroid disorder
- Other hormonal imbalance
- Follopian tubal block
- Unovulatory cycle
- Pelvic inflammatory diseases
- Uterine fibroids
- Advanced maternal age (above 35)
- Azoospermia - zero sperm count
- Oligospermia - low sperm count
- Asthenospermia - low motility of sperms
- Low libido - failure to achieve proper excitement.
Males and females both are equally responsible for infertility.
Do testicular examination regular from childhood for undescended testis & testicular atrophy
If any problems related to menstual cycle / periods do consult doctor before condition leads to infertility.
Sexual intercourse should be in ovulation period from day 10 to day 18 of period only. It will increase chances of getting pregnant.
Consult doctor if failure to achieve pregnancy within 6 months of regular unprotected sexual intercourse.