Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Sheeba & DinkleYour feedback matters!
I am 43 years old women. My daughter is 17 years old. She have regular periodic cycle. For past six months she is telling she is having bleeding with small clots. She is having stomach pain too (bearable pain only). She has bleeding as usual 3 to four days. Second third day she is having that clots. I am afraid because I had fibroid and removed Uterus three years back. Please tell me the cause and remedy for this problem. Is Fibroid is hereditary?
Hello docter My mom daibeties and unka per gutne pr se jal gaya he so I was very woried kya vo thik ho jaye jaldi se jaldi koi achi medicine kyoki meri marrige he 5 din bad please help
Hi I am 23 years old male. Last few months I used a hydroquinone fairness cream (melacare. Due to sweetness and itchiness in my private parts I stopped it. Now there is some white spots in my balls and itchiness becomes radish. My ball's skin tone also has changed from black to white. I am afraid it may be some skin problems or genetic problems.
I am 20 years old. I have a disease "fibromyalgia" I am suffering from this for 4 years. I took many medicines in past. I was hospitalised for 5 days. But I could now get relief. I feel strong pain in my muscles when I wake up in morning. I can not walk very fast. Can not run. Can not move heavy things. I can not bend down to take any thing. I am very worried. Please give me some suggestion so I can live a healthy life that I had before.
Hi there. I want to know what should I apply on my face to clean my dark spots ? And im suffering from pimples too. Suggest me anything so that my problem will solve.
The liver is a key organ in metabolism and will have some amount of fat. However, excessive fat accumulation in the liver can be abnormal and is referred to as fatty liver. If the fat content exceeds anything more than 5% to 10% of the liver’s weight, it would be referred to as fatty liver.
Types - There are mainly two types based on causes:
- Alcoholic fatty liver: This is very common in people who consume excessive amounts of alcohol. Even a one-off instance of binge drinking can cause increased fat accumulation in the liver, but it would not produce any symptoms though. Preexisting hepatitis, pregnancy, obesity, and genetic predisposition may also lead to alcoholic liver disease.
- Non-alcoholic liver disease: This is the less common type of fatty liver, and there would be no alcoholic abuse history here. However, there could be genetic predisposition, obesity, autoimmune liver disease, malnutrition, which can lead to this condition.
Fatty liver disease is a chronic condition with insidious onset (meaning to say, the exact time of onset cannot be pinpointed). However, as the disease condition progresses, symptoms will become evident, which can trigger a medical evaluation to identify the fatty liver. Some of the symptoms include:
- Excessive fatigue and weakness
- Unexplained weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Trouble focusing and concentrating
- Impaired judgment
- Constant, slow enlargement of the liver can cause pain in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen (where the liver is)
- There could be jaundice, where the skin and the white of the eyes turn pale yellow
- Symptoms of liver failure, including increased levels of proteins in the chemical tests.
As noted earlier, it is not easy to identify liver disease, as there are no specific symptoms. However, the above symptoms could point to a potential fatty liver.
- Blood tests, especially for liver enzymes
- Ultrasound, where the liver is imaged to look for any structural changes
- Biopsy, where liver tissue is extracted to confirm the diagnosis of fatty liver
There is no specific treatment for fatty liver. It can be managed through the following, where symptoms reduce in severity, and overall prognosis improves.
- Diabetes control: There is a relation between how well diabetes is controlled and severity of fatty liver. Improving diabetes control ensures fatty liver does not progress.
- Alcohol: Cutting down or even better quitting alcohol, definitely helps improve symptoms. If it is alcohol induced fatty liver, alcohol should be stopped.
- Weight management: Obesity and fatty liver are related, so weight management is essential.
- Healthy diet: Eating a healthy diet and regular exercise regimen also helps improve symptoms of fatty liver. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.