Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shashank
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShashankYour feedback matters!
Ayurveda believes that the human body is made of 3 doshas kapha, pitta and vata. Most illnesses are a result of imbalance between these three doshas and dominance of patterns and symptoms of one of the three doshas.
Melanin is the pigment that gives the skin its color; higher the pigment levels, darker the complexion. Hyperpigmentation is caused due to excessive melanin deposition, commonly in certain areas of the skin like the face leading to blemishes and dark spots. In fair complexioned people, this could be an aesthetic issue, affecting the personality of the individual.
The following are some common causes of hyperpigmentation:
- Overexposure to sunlight: Direct exposure to sunlight without use of sunscreen.
- Environmental pollutants: Dust and other chemicals, especially in areas with high levels of pollution are more prone to hyperpigmentation.
- Cosmetic products: If they contain chemicals like silicone and hydroquinone, over a long period of time, can produce dark spots.
- Antibiotics and hormone treatments: As a side effect, some antibiotics and hormones used as oral contraceptive pills can produce spots.
- Viral infections like herpes: The scars from infections like herpes and chickenpox would take time to heal completely and can be a cosmetic issue.
Hormonal issues may cause hyperpigmentation and in that case, we need to supplement herbal tablets for better result and better skin health and glow.
Now, let us look at some simple, herbal ways to manage these:
Aloe vera juice can be used as a cleanser and toner followed by applying vitamin E oil.
Use the following natural face packs:
- Turmeric: Known for its skin lightening properties, turmeric can be mixed with milk or aloe vera pulp or ghee and applied on the skin. Alternately, plain turmeric can be rubbed on the skin once or twice a day to reduce blemishes.
- Lemon Juice: Application of plain lime juice is considered as an excellent way to reduce dark spots and blemishes.
- Sandalwood: Believed to have great benefits on the skin. Mixed with honey or milk or plain sandalwood as a paste is very beneficial to the skin.
- Tomato juice: Mixed with honey is also believed to be good for skin complexion.
- Water: Drinking lots of water keeps the skin hydrated and helps the skin keep pigmentation at bay. There would be a natural glow and elasticity of the skin, which is very visible.
In addition to these food substances, there are a lot of topical applications like oils (kumkumadi oil, nalpamaradi oil, eladi oil, and kanaka oil). The treatment should be holistic in that along with topical applications there should be overall reduced exposure to sun and sufficient water consumption to wash off toxins and dead skin cells. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am 23 years old, overweight. My skin is getting dull. It also get tanned faster whenever expose to sun. I am of Wheaties complexion. And the areas like underarms (because of wax creams) ,inner thigh (because of jock itch and fungal infection due to over sweating) are dark. I have tried many home remedies but none of them proved helpful. Also there are pores on my face skin because in past there were pimples on my face and now there are big pores . Am I having lack of vitamin D? Please suggest some medicines.
I have many black heads (some white also) on and near my nose. I've used black face mask to remove. They reappear very soon. What can be done?
Hi sir am 23 years old am getting blood in my stool from last 3days what is the problem for me why am getting like that is it cancer?
Yesterday onwards! I am feeling a pain in my right breast. Yesterday I have been tailoring for a few hours! Is that might be the problem?
Make-up can conceal even the worst of blemishes, but there is nothing like having a fantastic skin that is glowing from within. A spotless, fresh and radiant skin grabs attention. However, it is not easy to keep your skin looking healthy at all times. You must follow a good skin care routine every day. Why every day? well, even though you visit your dentist at least twice a year, why do you brush your teeth every day? to maintain it, right? similarly, to maintain youthful skin, it’s very important to follow a proper home care regimen.
1. Cleanse, tone, moisturise
This c/t/m mantra can be miraculous for many. By following three simple steps, you can keep your skin glowing with natural beauty all day, every day! it’s important to use medical graded products than cosmetic products. The benefit of medical grade products is product strength, research and clinical trials that it undergoes, ability to give targeted treatments and depending on skin type, the results are instant.
So it’s a good idea to consult your dermatologist even when choosing c/t/m, to keep your skin young, radiant and flawless.
2. Protect with sunscreen
Make sure you apply sunscreen from head to toe every day, and use makeup that's infused with spf for even more protection. Use plenty of sunscreen. Don’t be stingy. Apply sunscreen 20 minutes before going out in the sun, and reapply every 2 hours. Avoid exposure to the sun during peak hours.
Apply sunscreen even if you’re in the shade or it’s a cloudy day because if uvb and uva rays can penetrate the skin, they can penetrate through clouds too! the sunscreen will not only guard your skin, but will also adjoin a bit of shine to your skin.
3. Drink plenty of water
If at all you feel thirsty, it means that you are already dehydrated! skin is intricately tied to the overall health of your body. When your body is properly hydrated, you'll look better and feel better. Water gives you a radiant complexion and in addition, bloating and puffiness often disappear. Lack of water is the number one cause of daytime fatigue. Water is the vital element for healthy skin as it protects your skin, making it fresher and younger.
4. Exfoliate at least once a week
Shed that layer of dead cells by exfoliating and buffing the skin at least once per week. Exfoliation is a great way to achieve bright, smooth