Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShashankYour feedback matters!
I'm 30 years old female. I have been experiencing pain in chest which then radiate to shoulders and arms. Mostly the pain radiates to right shoulder and arm. I have also located many painful nodules through out my body and mainly in both of my arms and breasts. I too experience a high heart rate with severe pain in left shoulder radiating towards left palm. I have consulted many doctors regarding my health issues. Some neurologist prescribed gabapentin for the chest and body pain and other general medicine doctor prescribed tramadol. The nodules were examined and they said it as FBD for breast nodules and lipofibrills for nodules present in arms. I have going through this pain for a long period, long as 5 years. Initially CT scans and MRI of my chest was done which were found perfectly normal. Another doctor said that my tonsils might have grown a bit and putting pressure on my spine. And that's why I might feel pain in my back. Now I'm confused as I have no idea what I'm suffering from and this pain is making me unfit for my day to day job. Could you please at least diagnose what I might be suffering from and which particular doctor I should consult.
Now I use ponds spotless lightening face wash I have a oily skin wash my face using face wash in 8 times in per day. Its correct or not? Now I decided to using melawash for skin lightening purpose how many times wash my face using melawash?
I have pores on my chicks and my skin. Is very oily means very oily I do masturbation also I frequently get face full. Of pimples. Doctor please Advise me good remedy I just want tone of. Skin with no pores and pimples.
I am somewhat dark in colour. I want my face to be whitened by simple methods. What should I do for it?
My face is getting black because I ride bike, I use spf50 sunscreens but it blacken my skin suggest me something by which my skin get lighter. My diet is good. I eat healthy fool.
Homeopathy is a branch of traditional medicine that aims to cure diseases and disorders by focusing on causal factors. Homeopathic treatment comes to your aid for all your big and small problems alike. If you are part of the league that suffers from oily skin, homeopathy will be your answer. In most cases, oily skin doesn't lead to severe health issues, but it does cause inconvenience. It makes you feel sticky and smudgy, leading to a loss of confidence.
Homeopathic cures to keep oil on the skin at bay
Natrum Mur: A good homeopath will administer this medicine only after having inquired a litany of things about your constitution. A homeopathic preparation varies from person to person depending upon the constitution of their body. If you have oily skin, you are prone to pore - clogging, acne, pimples and pockmarks. Natrum Mur efficiently deals with these problems. It helps in removing excess oil from the pores, making your skin glow at the same time. Prescription of this medicine is based on symptoms like inability to cope with difficulties, nervousness, intolerance to heat exposure, and an agitated disposition.
Psorinum: Your greasy skin often casts a shadow on your natural complexion. Oily skin makes you look exhausted at all times of the day. You can benefit from Psorinum as it deals with the overactive
sebaceous glands, cleans the pores of your skin, treats pimples and also fights dark patches. People who sweat profusely and suffer from body odor problems or people susceptible to cold are usually advised to take this medicine.
Silicea and Kali Bromatum: Excess oil secretion often leads to the development of pus containing acne or pimples. These pimples, when diminish, may leave permanent or long lasting marks on your face. Scars and marks further result in pigmentation. Such problems can take a huge toll on your psychological health, leading you to be overly concerned about the way you look or losing interest in self appearance. In this regard, Silicea and Kali Bromatum can work wonders for your oily skin and its resultant effects.
Berberis Aquifolium: No amount of make up can mar the appeal of clear skin. If you have oily skin, you are likely to face dullness. Since dirt easily settles on a greasy skin, it can make you look darker than usual. Berberis Aquifolium is an unparalleled medication in homeopathy that treats the above conditions without any side effects.
I am 24 years old and I have pimples and marks on my face and due to sun tan my face as become black.
How to Whitening a Skin which is Tan by Sun. I was too Fair till my 4 std. After it bcoz of Sun my skin has been Tan.
I have red and black spot on my skin specially on hand and middle joint of arm on both hand without any itch what should I do to remove these spot and type of itching.
I get blackheads on my nose area. I tried all the methods like scrub, clean up but it comes back very quickly. Please let me know a permanent solution or at least a long time solution.
When the natural moisture content of your skin begins to dry up, you experience dry skin. Although it is a temporary skin condition which occurs mainly during the winter or in a generally dry climate, for some people, it could be a problem for a lifetime.
Naturally dry skin tendencies v/s drying of other skin types
Naturally, the water content of a healthy skin is around 10 to 20 percent. This natural moisture level can dwindle due to many factors and the skin may show signs of drying. Thus you may end up getting dry, flaky, itchy and lifeless skin. People with naturally dry skin experience 75 percent more water loss than normal skin. Since the skin loses water and sebum (the oil secretion from the sebaceous glands within the skin), the topmost layer of the skin begins to dry. As a result, the top layer starts peeling away. These skin peels are called flakes.
- You can experience dry skin due to excessively cold weather, which in most cases is accompanied by a lack of humidity.
- Again, if your skin is exposed to too much heat or skin drying conditions like sauna baths or prolonged hot showers, you experience dry skin.
- Applying skin cleansing materials or chemicals can also make the skin dry.
- Some internal disorders like illness or infection can make your skin dry.
When you have a perennially dry skin, you should moisturize it daily to keep it hydrated. You should consult a dermatologist for picking out the right skin cream for your skin. The appropriate moisturizer, if you have very dry skin should be oil or petroleum based. When you purchase the prescribed moisturizer or lotion, make sure you buy something which contains vitamin E, Shea Butter and Avocado Oil. Since these moisturizing agents aren’t water based , they can lock in the skin moisturizer effectively.
Advantages of moisturising regularly
- Dry skin is prone to wrinkle formation – When you moisturize daily, the collagen levels of your skin are restored, which can then effectively fight wrinkling and aging of your skin.
- Prevents flakiness – Since the upper layer of your skin starts peeling off, your skin may appear dull, lifeless and flaky. The condition worsens when there is a cold weather outside. Moisturizing your skin daily will make your skin get a natural glow and stop flaking form occurring in the first place.
- Reduces itchiness: Moreover, daily moisturizing will make your skin less itchy.
- Moisturising reduces the negative effects of makeup: Not moisturizing dry skin will make it look less hydrated. Applying makeup on your dry skin directly is the worst thing you can do. This may spoil your makeup and make it look creasy and broken. Thus, you should keep your skin hydrated by applying moisturiser regularly.
Hello plzz help me I have problem of Whitehead since last 3years on my nose, chin, between eyebrows. I have used many ways to get rid of it but nothing happened please tell me a very good and effective way.
12 year old at that time I suffer wound on face forehead, which was making blemish on my forehead so I want to clean this blemish, please help me with treatment or medicine inform me please.
Enlarged pores can make a face look really unappealing and sweaty. But the good news is that there are a lot of methods available to tackle them. From making the pores smaller to completely eliminating them, here is a list of some fantastic remedies.
Some homemade remedies:
- Baking soda mixture: Baking soda not only helps to reduce pores, it also helps in fighting acne. This can be used every night for the first week and 3-4 times a week thereafter.
- A mixture of lemon and pineapple juice: A cloth drenched in lemon and pineapple juice when applied on enlarged pores, can help them shrink over a period of time. Ensure that you rinse your face with water after a minute.
- Wash your face: Washing your face twice a day is necessary as i stop pores from getting enlarged. Bacteria, oil and dirt enlarge the pores a great deal. Washing the face at least twice a day will reduce the pores.
- Ice-cube treatment: Ice cubes can be applied on the face daily for 5-20 seconds. They not only reduce pores, but tighten the skin as well.
- Yogurt mask: Since yogurt contains probiotics and lactic acid, it is a great weapon for fighting acne and enlarged pores. The yogurt mask shouldn’t be used more than once a week though.
- Healthy diet: Eating fresh fruits and vegetables is a prerequisite for getting rid of enlarged pores. It is also necessary to consume lots of vitamin A, B and C on a daily basis. Consuming a lot of water and staying away from caffeine also goes a long way in fighting pores.
- Sandalwood powder mix: Sandalwood paste made with water is a great remedy for enlarged pores. The paste should be applied and kept that way for 10-20 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
- Papaya and banana peels: Papaya and banana contain papain and bromelain enzymes respectively. Rubbing their peels on the face can greatly help in getting rid of pores and blemishes.
Visit a dermatologist
Most dermatologists prescribe topical medicines, which have to be applied on skin or pills for consumption. Depending on the level of pore enlargement, a doctor decides the medicines. Mild antibiotics are often prescribed for patients with enlarged pores blemishes.
Dermabrasion: This is a method where a doctor scrapes the upper layer of the epidermis with a wire brush to get rid of pores and blemishes. This procedure comes handy if the face is affected by scars.
Dermaplaning: This method is similar to dermabrasion. The only difference being that in the case of dermaplaning, instead of the whole upper layer, only the affected part of the skin is removed.
A cortisone injection: This is considered to be the last resort for pores and blemishes. The swelling from the blemish immediately reduces as soon as the injection is pushed.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.