Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShashankYour feedback matters!
What soap should I use to cure my pimples and marks black dots, blacktones? And I have black tones on my cheeks how to make it fair or equal to my face color? Please suggest any soap !
Freckles are those flat and tanned circular spots which are normally the size of the head of nail. There can be numerous spots and may develop on the areas that are repeatedly exposed to sunlight. People with a fair complexion on the upper portions of the body are more prone to develop freckles on areas like the nose, arms, cheeks and upper shoulders. Infants too can also be affected by this skin condition.
What causes freckles?
Normally, freckles are uniform in colour though they may vary among different people. Some people may have reddish yellow patches on the skin while others may develop a tan or bright yellow or black and typically darker than the color of the surrounding skin. Sun exposure is the primary cause behind freckles and thus, the condition worsens right after you are exposed to sunlight. These patches get lightened during winter months and are also caused due to a splurge in the amount of melanin pigment (learn more about pigmentation) and not due to any sort of increase in the number of pigment producing cells called melanocytes.
Probable ways of preventing freckles
There are several safe and preventive methods of lightening and reducing freckles and in most cases multiple treatments are combined to get the best results. It is important to remember that the condition of the freckles is not always alleviated with treatments and it may recur with repeated exposure to the sun. Therefore, it is best to prevent them from the very before they develop instead of seek for some cure when they arrive.
- Apply sunscreen: You are advised to apply sunscreen every time you go out in the sun. It is important to check whether your sunscreen offers blockage from both the UVA and UVB rays. You will have to reapply the sunscreen after every two hours under normal conditions and also after sweating and swimming (learn about the Sunscreen : Do's & Don'ts).
- Wear a hat while going out: Get a hold of a good quality hat that doesn’t have a weave or mesh through which light may enter. It will offer you shade and protection against the sun at all places. In case it is possible, you must avoid going out in the sun from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. as the sunrays are most intense during this time.
In case you are already affected with freckles, you must stay away from tanning beds and check your medications, as there are some medicines like birth control pills and certain antibiotics which may further aggravate the condition.
I am 20 years old. But my face looks like an aged more than 30 years old lady. How to make look my face young?
I am 29 years old and 30 weeks pregnant you have small painless lump in my right breast since 5 yrs. Will it be safe to feed breast to baby?
My mother is suffering from giant fibroadenoma in her left breast. One doctor has said to take a medicine for one month to cure it and others advised for operation. Should I go for operation or should I try medicines?
The cancer of the bladder (an organ in the pelvic region that stores urine) is known as bladder cancer. This cancer begins in the cells that line the inner portion of the bladder. Though it usually affects the aged, bladder cancer can develop in people across other age groups as well. It is important to undergo frequent check-ups even after the condition has been cured, as there always remain chances of a relapse.
There are three types of bladder cancer:
1. Squamous cell carcinoma: Squamous cells appear in the bladder in response to any infection, which, with time, can become cancerous.
2. Transitional cell carcinoma: These cells are present in the lining of the bladder. They contract when the bladder is empty and expand when it is full. These cells are also found in the urethra, hence there are chances for the cancer to develop in the urethra as well.
3. Adenocarcinoma: Adenocarcinoma forms in the mucus secreting cells in the bladder.
The symptoms of bladder cancer are:
1. You may urinate frequently
2. Frequent backaches
3. You may experience pain during urination
4. Pain in the pelvic region
5. There may be presence of blood in the urine
There is no known cause of bladder cancer. However, certain factors such as smoking, infection and exposure to chemicals are known to trigger it. The risk factors of bladder cancer are:
1. Age: The risk of bladder cancer increases with age, it usually affects people who are above 40 years of age.
2. Smoking: Smoking releases toxins in the body that get stored in the urine. These can damage the inner lining of the bladder and lead to bladder cancer.
3. Gender: Men are more likely to develop bladder cancer as compared to women.
4. Chemical exposure: Exposure to certain chemicals such as arsenic increases your risk of bladder cancer.
5. Chronic inflammation of the bladder: If you suffer from chronic infection of the bladder, then the risk of squamous cell carcinoma increases significantly.
How to get rid of the pimples scars left on the cheeks. Have tried different face-washes face packs Etc but didn't help.
Sir I have spots in my face since 1 year and am Using bengel cream and Glocin gel cream. Still don't get any improvements. Please suggest something better.
Hi. My skin has become dark under my arms. Dunno may e because of using razor. Is there any remedies to remove that dark patches without doing any treatment.
Generally known as Lasoon. To maintain normal health there is no any other substitute except Garlic.
It?s a great n effective natural antibiotic.
How to use:
Skin Problem: with neem for best result
Whooping cough: 1- Tab 2 times in day
Asthma: 3 pcs of Garlic boiled in Milk & drink every day night
Low BP: 1 Tab 2 times in a day
Earache: Boil well in oil and filter, use as ear drops
Phlegm: To Filtered as above & rub on chest and throat
Gas / Indigestion: 2- tab at Night
Its also useful in Fungal Infection, Acne, Obesity,Pimples, Tuberculosis, Ring Worms Etc ?