Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShashankYour feedback matters!
I have weak rectum but no prolapse. I can not sit due to pelvic retul pain. On laying the intestine is strained. On standing I feel that intestine is going down. Can it may be treated by pelvic exercises. If surgery is successful in its treatment.
I am a 22 yers old college student, and the skin on my hands and on my neck has become very dry, itchy and blotchy for the past weeks. What should I do now?
Im 28yrs male, I have black hits on my face, after long time, I use many creams but not works, n face is also going to black. What should I do now.
Meri wife ki foot ki airiyo me kafi time se problem hai vo jab tak cream ya oil lagati hai tab tak thik rahti hai phir jaise jyada chalti hai to phir uski eidiyo me pain shuru ho jata hai vo abhi coytril cream use karti hai jisse use relief milta hai isse achi koi medicine ya cream ho to bataye please. She is use coytril cream please tell us better treatment for foot.
My face is so oily I control my face but I do not control it so please help mi end take mi same Candi sans off control skin end my face I am waiting your answers. Thanks.
I am white in colour before but day by day I am becoming too black. Why it is happening. What should I do. All my family members are white now except me.
I have a black holes on my face because of pimple earlier. Now skin is pimples free but the black holes present.
Hi. I bought this serum of vit c 20%and hyaluronic acid and vit c with amino acid blend and fluric acid .can I use this serum with makeup when I out. Or there's may cause damage to my face skin please answer and these ingredients are they of benefits?
At morning its fine . But by the time of afternoon or evening my skin becomes black and oily. Give suggestions please.
I am 30 year old man having black circle below my eyes (black shade of about half inch below both eyes) from many years so please tell me the reason for the same and solution too. Thank you.
I have a slight white patch on my face. After three months of medication the patch seems too fade a bit but is still very visible. What treatment shall I take for this? Is chemical peeling an option to get rid of these scars? Or shall I try homeopathy once. Please help.
What can be the reason my lips and mouth are looking different and when I close my lips they look very different. And I am not comfortable.
I am 20 years old. When I was 15 years old my skin had a bright shine. But now my face become dull and dusky. And I have acne marks in my forehead. please send me answers. What I do. i am to worry about my face problems.
Nutrition facts (for one medium sized sweet potato)
- Calories - 130
- Fat - 0.39 g
- Protein - 2.15 g
- Net carbohydrates - 31.56 g
- Dietary fiber - 3.9 g
- Calcium - 28.6 mg
- Sodium - 16.9 mg
- Potassium - 265.2 mg
- Folate - 18.2 mcg
- Vitamin c - 29.51 mg
- Vitamin a - 26081.9 iu
- Thiamine - 0.05mg
- Riboflavin - 0.3mg
- Niacin - 1.4mg
- Folic acid - 8.4mcg
- Vitamin b6 1 mg
Sweet potato is a skin saviour. Apart from the many health benefits this age old vegetable stocks in itself, it also has following skin benefits-
1. For a glow: the intensity of the sweet potato's yellow or orange flesh color that is directly correlated to its beta-carotene content which helps our bodies to produce vitamin a. When eating such sweet potatoes, include a small helping of fat such as ghee to maximize the beta-carotene.
2. Sun protection: it contains a compound called lycopene which contains large amounts of vitamins that help the skin from ultra violet damage. Consuming sweet potatoes leads to healthier skin and glowing face.
3. Wrinkle free skin: the presence of high levels of vitamin c in sweet potatoes speeds not only repairs the skin it also produces collagen to maintain our skin's elasticity. It particularly helps the skin during stress and has anti ageing properties.
4. Moisture locking: sweet potatoes add to our requirement of vitamin d, which helps in locking moisture and keeps your skin soft and supple.
5. Iron dosage: sweet potatoes also contain iron which we need in adequate amounts for metabolizing protein, energy, blood cell production, which in turn makes the cheeks red and skin healthy looking.