Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sharmila BhanuYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old. I got married before 8 months. I have taken the primolut-N tablet for 7 days in april. After stopping the period came. But I want to know when I can be pregnant? How long it will take?
I am 24 years old last 8 years I have suffered for period pain. I have applied various types of remedies. But the pain is not remove. What can I do for this?
I am 20 year old female. Last few days after my intercourse with my partner when I wake up in the morning its coming pale red color liquid in my private part. Is this a serious health problem. Some days even it's last for the whole day. Please suggest its normal or I need to consult any gynecologist.
In 1995, Longo described a new and innovative operative technique for hemorrhoid. This novel procedure to treat piles is not a hemorrhoidectomy. In this technique neither the anal mucosa and nor the hemorrhoidal tissue is excised. The procedure of MIPH is performed in the patient with piles on distal rectal mucosa and submucosa, proximally to the dentate line. MIPH hemorrhoidectomy includes excision of a band of excessive or loose prolapse mucosa and submucosa within the rectum, proximally to the hemorrhoidal tissue and fixation of the mucosa by stapled end to end mucosa anastomosis. This minimally invasive maneuver occlude the blood supply of the superior hemorrhoidal artery above the hemorrhoidal tissue and thus piles is cured as well as prolapsed mucosa is retracted up.
What are the indications PPH or MIPH?
Indications for PPH include patients with grade III hemorrhoids, with uncomplicated grade IV hemorrhoids that are reducible at surgery or after manipulation in the operating room. In the surgery of MIPH hemorrhoidal tissue is not excised during the procedure, and in those who failed other treatment modalities.
How it work and what are the benefits of Stapled Hemorrhoidopexy?
Stapled Hemorrhoidopexy procedure uses a special device to remove a ring of tissue from the anal canal. Removing the tissue cuts off blood supply to the hemorrhoids, causing them to shrink. The tissue ring is then secured with staples. This helps hold the tissue in place. Stapled hemorrhoidopexy is a significantly less painful operation and offers significant advantages in terms of hospital stay and symptom control in the long term, making for a significantly earlier return to work.
What are the Contraindications of Minimally Invasive Procedure for Hemorrhoid?
Complication of this surgery include:
- Active sepsis,
- Anal stenosis, and
- Full-thickness rectal prolapse
Because these conditions are not adequately treated by PPH.
What are the complications of Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy?
Although PPH is usually considered relatively safe and simple, complications still may occur and sometimes may be devastating.
Most common complication are:
- Anal stenosis
- Fistula, and
- Septic complications
Possible complications of Minimally Invasive Procedure for Haemorrhoid (MIPH) include anal stenosis, postoperative pain, urinary retention, secondary hemorrhage, anal fissure, abscess or fistula, formation of skin tags, pseudo polyps, and incontinence. Postoperative pain is a main concern after Minimally Invasive Procedure for Haemorrhoid (MIPH); none of the techniques offers the patient a completely pain-free recovery. Urinary retention can be a result of pain in some of the patient, narcotics and anticholinergic drugs, fluid overload, high ligation of the hemorrhoidal pedicle and operative trauma.
Minimally Invasive Procedure for Haemorrhoid (MIPH), serious complications have been reported and include, rectal perforation, retroperitoneal sepsis, retropneumoperitoneum, rectal stricture, rectal obstruction, and rectovaginal fistula. These benefits may appear only after surgeons have gained sufficient experience with the procedure. However, skin tags and recurrent prolapse occurred at higher rates after PPH. The meta analysis did not find significant difference in the rates of postoperative bleeding, urinary retention, anal fissure, stenosis, or difficulties in evacuation.
Popping pills is something we cannot do away with completely. But something that should be borne in mind that every drug is used for one of its particular property which is healing, but on the other hand, it also has, almost always, the not-so-nice effects. These side effects could sometimes be as simple as nausea or itching to something as serious as shooting up blood sugar levels.
Talking of side effects, do you know that Viagra was originally used for pulmonary hypertension and its side effect was improved performance in patients with erectile dysfunction (ED)? Viagra thus became the famous magical blue pill for patients with ED. On the other hand, there are quite a few drugs that can lower your libido levels. Listed below are some of the regularly used medicines that can impact your sexual life.
1. Antihypertensives - Medications that are aimed at reducing blood pressure (diuretics and alpha and beta adrenergic blockers) have a negative effect on the sexual life. Switching drugs after medical consultation is an alternate.
2. Antidepressants - With depression on the rise, more and more people are prescribed anti-depressants, especially the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs). Both these increase the mood but lower the libido, in up to 50% of the patients. Added amount of cardio workout could be a work-around for patients on SSRIs. Reducing the dose of TCAs could help improve sexual function.
3. Proscar - Benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) is a common condition seen in aging men, and finasteride is used for its treatment. This prevents conversion of testosterone to its active form and thereby reduces sexual function. Surgical correction of BPH could be an alternative.
4. Antihistamines - Common cold cures like diphenhydramine and chlorpheniramine affect sexual life too. The good news is that these drugs are cleared out of the system within 24 hours and the side effect does not last long either. In patients who might need these chronically, this side effect should be borne in mind.
5. Anti-seizure drugs - Drug like terbetrol which is used to cure seizure does the same for the sexual act, which is physiologically akin to a seizure -impulse traveling slower along the nerve. If noticed, an alternative medication should be used.
6. Opioids - For severe chronic pain, Vicodin and OxyContin are used but these reduce testosterone levels and thereby reduce sexual drive too. Use of testosterone creams could be a substitute.
In all these cases, the key is to have a discussion with your doctor as soon as you realize it could be affecting your sex life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I getting married this month, I am afraid about sex, friends are suggesting me to have safe sex by using condom. Is it good to use condom with wife?. I am confused.
Kavil test looks positive, I am 7 months pregnant. Following is my LAB report: Please do the needful. Report 1 Test Name Result Normal Range 1) HBsAG POSITIVE _, Sensitivity: 0.5 ng/mL Report 2 HBsAg screening Observed value: Reactive (5204.12) Unit: S/CO Non Reactive <1.0 Reactive >=1.0.
Are you stressed out lately and not being able to overcome it for a long time? With the holiday season approaching, you are bound to feel worse as your stress is bound to get in the way of celebrations. Winter is a promising time for celebrating, travelling and having fun, and you cannot let your patience and stress ruin it. Here are some steps following which you will be able to cope with your stress and anxiety, so that you can enjoy
Start with a clear mind:
- Realize that some things are just beyond your control. This is a tough thing to do, but you have to accept it just like the fact that you cannot control rain, sun, and the actions of people. Fighting against something beyond your control will make you stressed out and miserable.
- Realize that there are things, which are in your control. Focus on them and get a firm grip on them. The power of controlling your actions and reactions lies only in your hands. You can also influence your state of consciousness, your physiological responses, and mental processes.
- Learn to surrender and seek acceptance. Instead of resisting against the aspects which you cannot control, surrender to them. This does not make you weak, nor a loser. It is just accepting that you cannot change certain things.
- Be mindful. Stop for a moment, and try observing your internal experience, without any form of judgement. Try to become more conscious and aware of what goes on inside you.
- Take charge of your thoughts. The aim here is not to ignore and deny certain thoughts, but to transform them after analyzing and acknowledging them.
- Utilize your breath. It is an effective tool, which remains with you forever and connects your body and mind. Deep, slow breathing can be more beneficial than you could ever imagine. Keep inhaling and exhaling till you feel relaxed. This is excellent for calming your nervous system.
- Look at the brighter side of life, no matter how hard it may be. Focusing on positive things might make you discover a solution for your stressful condition.
- Take proper care of yourself. Self care is important for eliminating stress. You should take regular showers, eat balanced diet, exercise regularly, and carry out pleasurable activities.
- It is important for you to abstain from comparing yourself with others. Comparisons can cause distorted perceptions and increase stress. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.