Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shariyah
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. ShariyahYour feedback matters!
I am getting frequent mouth ulcers on tongue/lips. I am non-veg (weekly one/twice). I take coffee/tea 2-3 times a day. I am 58 years old doing yoga for last 3 years during morning from 6-7 a.m. Weekly 4/5 dyas. I am male and my weight is 70 kgs. One of my lower incisors is decolourised and weak for which root canal is done 20 years back and no cap is put. Too now the tooth is strong but it shakes little bit but some times I will get pain. Kindly clarify root cause for my frequent mouth ulcers.
When I wake up in morning there is always rusty blood in my saliva, This not happen any other time in the day. After spitting 3-4 times saliva color becomes normal. And sometime when I have cough that time also not always but very often rusty blood comes with saliva. Is this normal or any type of disease. How to cure it. Is this any type of mouth throat cancer. please help me and tell.
Mera ek samne Ka daant excident me aadha tut gya h.sir, kya is me cap lg skta h or is me kharcha kitna aayga.
My teeth are yellow since my childhood. I have tried many home remedies but they didn't helped. I want to know the solution and also the expected cost of treatment. Thank you!
Is titanium dental implants are harmful for body? Does it causes cancer/ allergies/ infections ? Does it cause never damage ? I am very confused between dental implant and bridge.
I am a teenager and I have weak gums. Whenever I brush my teeth I find blood in my brush. Plus my teeth are also turning yellow. Please help.
My gums are clean but it's swollen and red. It bleeds when I brush and sometimes when I wake up. It doesn't pain. I did consulted to a Dentist and he said it's Gingivitis. He just cleaned my teeth and gums and also he said my gums are clean and he don't see any reason for the cause of Gingivitis. Please help.
There are white patches on my tongue. I am 21 years old and these patches are there from last 5 years. It used to hurt when I observed this but after that there was no pain. Now i feel my tongue as normal but these patches are still present. Is this something serious ?
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, visit your dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.