Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Sharadha ThulkapianYour feedback matters!
I am 42 year old lady. I am suffering by hypothyroid problem. I heard there are so many side effects after getting medicine, so I am very confused what have I to do?
Hello Dr. My name is Mithlesh Singh (Male) and I'm 55 years old. I recently figured out that I'm Diabetic. My blood sugar level is approx 390 Random. It's about one month and its not getting low. I'm not eating anything which contains sugar. And because of this disease l had lost my 10 kg weight with a month and now I'm 45 kg only. I feel very week and sick every time. Please advise how to control it and improve health. Thanks.
|HYPOTHYROIDISM / MYXOEDEMA
Hypothyroidism is a clinical condition, which results from deficiency of thyroid hormones.
Hypothyroidism with deposition of mucinous substance in subcutaneous tissues is known as ‘myxoedema`.
|• Primary thyroid gland involvement.
• Lack of pituitary TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone).
• Hypothalamic deficiency of TRH (thyrotropin-releasing hormone).
• Autoimmune thyroiditis.
• Severe iodine deficiency.
|SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:|
|• Slowing down of mental and physical functions of the body.
• Easy fatigability and tiredness.
• Body ache.
• Puffiness of face.
• Edema feet.
• Weight gain.
• Increased sensitivity to cold.
• Dryness of skin.
• Brittle nails.
• Hair fall.
• Hoarseness of voice.
• Hearing loss.
• Tendency for repeated infections.
• Muscle cramps.
• Shortness of breath.
• Mood swings.
• Slow speech.
• Menorrhagia (profuse menses).
• Occasionally rise in blood pressure.
• Avoid goitrogens (food that blocks the utilization of iodine): turnips, cabbage, mustard, cassava root, soybeans, peanuts, pine nuts and millets. Cooking usually inactivates goitrogens.
|• Increase consumption of iodine, it is an important building block of thyroid hormone:
– Sea food, meat, milk and milk, sea plants- kelp, dulse (vegetable sea food) and Japanese sea vegetables. Plants grown in iodine rich soils are also good source of iodine.
– Iodized salt is a primary source of iodine.
• Increase consumption of copper, selenium and zinc as these minerals are essential for normal thyroid hormone production and metabolism.
• Foods rich in copper:
– Meat gelatin, eggs, yeast, lamb; pork; pheasant quail; duck; goose; squid; salmon; organ meats.
– Soy and soy products, nuts and seeds, beans, legumes; almonds, broccoli, garlic; bran breads and cereals; sea plants and mushrooms.
– Dried beans - soy beans, lima beans, baked beans, dried peas; lentils; barley.
– Dried fruits including raisins, dates, prunes, avocado, Chocolate.
– Some amount of cooper is obtained from cooking in copper vessels.
• Foods rich in selenium:
– Grains, Brazil nuts, garlic, wheat germ and brewer`s yeast, fish, shellfish, eggs, red meat, chicken and liver.
• Food rich in zinc: Good dietary sources of zinc include seafood (especially oysters), beef, oatmeal, chicken, liver, spinach, nuts and seeds.
– Meat, poultry and milk, shell fish, crab, shrimp and sea plants etc.
– Plant foods are low in zinc, Whole wheat grains provide good amount of zinc.
• Increase consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids, one of the PUFA`s (poly unsaturated fatty acids), as it also contributes to normal thyroid function: Fish and fish oils provide excellent forms of omega-3s as well as vitamin A, which improves thyroid receptor binding and thyroid hormone activity. Flax / linseed oil is the richest source of PUFA`s. Other oils that contain PUFA`s are safflower oil, soybean oil, cottonseed oil, maize oil, sesame oil, rich bran oil, ground nut oil, mustard oil and olive oil.
• Increase consumption of proteins - tyrosine, an amino acid is a precursor for making thyroid hormone :
– Milk and milk products, eggs (is the richest source), Flesh food: meat, fish, and poultry.
– Nuts and oilseeds, pulses, cereals.
• Mild to moderate exercise is advisable, exercise stimulates thyroid gland function.
• Practise yoga, helps in increasing tissue sensitivity to thyroid hormone.
• If myxoedema presents with complications like cardiac failure or coma consult your physician immediately. Immediate medical attention is necessary.
Note Blood test empty stomach ,,,,T3 T4 TSH
My SGPT level is 73, SGOT is 34, Bilirubin is 1.20 , Triglycerides level is 180. Are these level are very abnormal and please suggest how to lower down the SGPT and Triglycerides level.
My age is 26 and Hb is 8, TSH is high 6.22 for dt I am taking thyronorm 12. 5 mcg bt my concern is Hb A2 which is 1.8 what does that mean?
Good evening sir, I am 27 years old, I am done my body check-up yesterday the glucose rate shows 125 is it normal and my BP rate is 90/110. Please advise.
My mother tested for hemoglobin A1c and it's value is 5.8%. What precautions she should take? It seems like she is pre diabetes. We also got her tested for simple diabetic test and it came out normal. She has high cholesterol too. Her total cholesterol is 235.
I have problem of frequent maturation since childhood. Now I am 21 but till about 13 I suffered from bed wetting that was cured by homeopathic medicine but the problem of frequent maturation still sustains. Is it diabetes or it may be any other problem? And also sometimes I feel like when I urinate some drops don't come out and when I sneez or cough it comes out. please suggest me possible ways to cure it. Thank you.
Male infertility is characterized by irregular sperm function or reduced sperm count. There are a host of causes that may lead to infertility in men such as lifestyle choices and obesity.
The various symptoms of infertility in men are:
- You may experience lumps or swellings in the testicles
- You may have chronic respiratory problems
- You may experience low libido
- You may have ejaculation disorders
- Impaired sense of smell
- Chromosomal complications such as reduced body hair
- Your sperm count may be low
The reasons of infertility may range from medical causes to lifestyle choices; some of the causes may be related to the environment. A common cause of infertility is due to problems with transportation of the sperm. These are mainly due to blockages in the tubes that carry the sperm.
The various reasons for infertility in men are:
- Infection: Various infections such as inflammation of the testicles and epididymis, which causes blockage of the tubes carrying the sperm can be a cause.
- Varicocele: This condition is characterized by swelling of the veins that are connected to the testicle. This condition is known to change the normal temperature of the testicles, thus leading to complications in sperm production.
- Hormonal imbalances: Various hormonal problems such as complications of the hypothalamus, pituitary and adrenal glands may lead to low testosterone levels in the body.
- Problems in sexual intercourse: Problems such as erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation are reasons why you may have infertility.
- Medications: Various medications such as using anabolic steroids, antifungal medications and chemotherapy may hamper production of the sperm and thus reduce your fertility.
- Radiation exposure: If you have been exposed to radiation such as x-rays, your sperm production may be impaired, thus causing infertility. However, this condition can be reversed if you are no longer exposed to the radiation.
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking: Both alcohol and cigarettes may cause problems in sperm production, and cause erectile dysfunction. Excessive drinking may lead to complications in the liver resulting in infertility.
- Obesity: If you are overweight, then it's time to lose those extra kilos. Obesity leads to a number of health problems, one of them being erectile dysfunction.
I am 28 year old male having diabetes more than 500 but there is no problem to me like eye pain etc what to do now.
I am gaining weight, which is apparently leading me to more health issues like high blood sugar, high blood pressure, also because of raised blood sugar my knee is suffering pain from last 6 Months. What should I do?
I am 33yrs female. I had gone for thyroid test and the report says thyroid stimulating hormone is 7.82 value. Kindly let us know the impact and curing procedure with medicines to be used and diet to be maintained.
What are the symptoms of elevated uric acid what line of treatment is recommended for the same. Also are there any dietary restrictions.
2-Do you have a cut or sore on your foot that is taking a long time to heal?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, Consult doctor.