Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sharada.S
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sharada.SYour feedback matters!
My wife is 36 years old and a working woman. She is pregnant of one and half month. For thyroid patient and take eltroxin 75 mcg. Now my question is .what type of precaution she should take. And what type of diet she should maintain. Can she continue her work? And what is my duty? Thanks in advance.
My girlfriend has irregular periods. She used to got 40 -43 days.In the month of march she had on 25th and next period was on 8th may which lasts only for 3 days .Now on 8th june she got hor periods but having very little bleeding .what should she do? details of previous 5 periods. Jan- 2 feb -11 mar -25 may -8 jun -8.
Lack of knowledge is the factor that affect every illiterate person.
Because illiterate person not knowing about his/her health care.
He/she doesn't take health care seriously. Illiterate patients are in needing medical assistance.
Illiterate patients have no control ideal to how to maintaine hygiene.
He/she not aware of prevention.
I think illiteracy is the big cause of many disorder.
Solutions is awareness, motivation,
Education about health, disease and their mode of treatment.
Hi My wife is 18 week pregnant. How many grams of protein is needed to be taken per day? Also what amount of milk intake is suggested daily? Is there any restriction in animal protein intake?
Nothing matters to a pregnant woman more than the well being of the baby. Garbh Sanskar, as indicative of the name, refers to educating the baby while still in the womb. It is an Ayurvedic practice to ensure that the baby has a sound physical as well as mental health with a high intelligence level. In this article, we will discuss this Ayurvedic practice in details for people to understand the term better.
It is a well-known fact that the baby, while still in the womb, can relate most to the mother. They form a special bond where the mother talks and sings to the baby, with the baby even reciprocating at times. Thus, the behavior of the mother can influence the development of the baby to a great extent. Garbh Sanskar suggests a concoction of dietary changes, physical activities (meditation, exercise, and yoga), and a lot more positive and healthy lifestyle habits that goes on to benefit the baby in the long run.
For Garbh Sanskar, the diet of a pregnant woman is of prime importance. The foods chosen should be nutritionally enriching.
- Foods that can aggravate the doshas or result in the build-up of Ama (such as processed and fast foods, packaged fruit and health drinks, frozen or canned foods, stale and cold foods, aerated, caffeinated, and alcoholic drinks and beverages) in the body will harm both the mother and the baby.
- Instead, consume more of fresh fruits and vegetables (especially avoid pineapple, papaya, aloe vera), whole grains, cereals, ghee, honey, milk, curd.
- The idea is to consume foods that will ensure maximum development of the baby.
- Panchamrut prepared using milk, sugar, honey, ghee, and curd is known to be highly beneficial for the brain development of the baby.
Meditation and Yoga:
- Meditation and yoga are highly beneficial for the mother and the baby. The pranayama and meditation also help to ward off stress and the negative energy that may affect the dosha balance.
- The Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog Pose), Upavistha Konasana (Wide-Legged Seated Forward Fold Pose), Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend Pose) are prenatal yogas that are sure to keep both the mother and the baby in good health.
Music can influence the health of the mother and the baby. According to Garbh Sanskar, listening to soft, soothing, and light music can help the mother and the baby to remain calm and relaxed. For maximum benefits, it is also a healthy practice to listen to spiritual music (Shlokas, Mantras, puja aarti, prayers).
Talking or reading to the baby can be highly enlightening for the baby. Garbh Sanskar suggests that a pregnant lady should either listen or read stories of courage, kindness and inspiration at least twice daily. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
If you want the baby to be healthy, maintain a healthy and cheerful environment around the pregnant woman. Keep her relaxed physically, mentally and emotionally.