Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. Shanti KarunakaranYour feedback matters!
How can I increase willpower? I tried mindfulness breathing exercises, as suggested, and found them very difficult to do. My mind gets distracted within 15-20 seconds. Could you please tell me other exercises (preferably easy one) or some other methods. My intention is to increase willpower and concentration.
I am schizophrenic patient. Can I come out of it. A new problem of anxiety, panic attacks and fear psychosis problem has raised for last 3 years.
For e.g. I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
He is 17 year old he gets angry very soon on small small things and he will break things or tear books when he is angry like if mobile is not working properly like it is hanging he will break the mobile dn next day he wants new mobile if we will not buy dn he will break switch boards or pens etc please help me.
Sir my wife is suffering from schizophrenia from last ten years. She is 29th years old, and she is taking treatment by lots of gold medalist psychiatrist from ten years but not getting better result. And we wants to know the side effect of these medicines due to she is taking psychotic medicine. Pl. Advice me as soon as possible. Thanks.
I am 57 years old. I use spectra 75 to now a lesser dose spectra 10 from last 16 years for depression. Now I want to know about for four habits to help in depression. I want to close the medicine of depression. Help for this & weight loss. Thanking you. Ashok kumar kedia.
I am regular smoker but from last few months I smoke repeatedly pls help me to how to quit smoking and I have also tried the nicotex chewgum it helps me for only week but can not control on mine smoking habit and I wanted to know there is any issue in sexual life for this reason.
1. How to increase my brain power and improve my memory power? 2. Which foods are good for increase my memory power?
Hi !i am a stammer since when I was 5 years old @ 17 years I have started trying to over come it but it's not really working I had tried in many ways it really pushing me down in all aspects can any one help me?
Hello, is consuming alcohol decreases memory, concentration on any subject, distractions in mind, over thinking and laziness?
Everything is good in my life, with good health, nice family, final year of a professional course, placed in a major investment company. But of late I've been feeling very uneasy and depressed about each and every thing in life, anything and everything seems negative. I used to take sibelium 10mg and lonazep 0.5 for migraine and insomnia. I stopped those medications a few months back, and these symptoms may have started from somewhere that time. Can you please help me regarding this, do I take the same prescription for depression or can you suggest another medicine which is gonna help me. I'm feeling it hard to sleep at night also, Thanks. Best regards.
I'm 28 year old. I used to chew pan masala and now I have swallowing in my jaws. Feel stress in my cheeks. For last 3 months.
I am suffering depressions pls give me a why I am suffering this I do not have a mud to do any thing.
I am a commerce student if +2 and nowadays am going through extreme situations of my life. I listen sad songs at night. Cry unnecessary. .and moreover my so called treatment is also going in PGI Chandigarh which I think will not be fruitful please suggest me something. Thankyou.
I have a headache every time. My eyes getting pain when I see any type of lights. I don't know what happened with me. I am in problem. Please give me any solution of this problem. My family also angry on me due to my this conditions.
Living with anxiety on a daily basis can be really stressful. And while you are dealing with anxiety, it is very important not to sway away with the symptoms and commit yourself to a treatment. For instant release of anxiety, you really don't need to go for a vacation or to the spa or a weekend retreat. It is easy to beat anxiety within 5-15 minutes, just being where you are.
So don't think and instantly reduce your anxiety to give yourself a wonderful day. Here are 5 ways to reduce your anxiety immediately.
- Meditation: Meditation for a few minutes daily helps relieve anxiety. As per a research, doing meditation daily changes the neural pathways of the brain, thereby making it more flexible towards stress. Meditation is the simplest way to beat anxiety. All you have to do is just sit straight with feet on the floor and closed eyes. Next just focus your energy on reciting a mantra.
- Deep Breathing: A 5-minute breathing regime is a sure shot way to relieve anxiety. Sit straight with closed eyes and place your hands on your abdomen. First start with slow inhalation of air through the nose. Feel the breath through your abdomen and head and then reverse the process by exhaling it out through the mouth. Psychologists state that deep breathing helps to bring down stress and anxiety by lowering the blood pressure.
- Laugh Aloud: A good laugh is a great way to shed off the stress and anxiety. When you laugh, chemical endorphins are released which elevate your mood. A good laugh also lowers the cortisol levels which are the stress hormone.
- Talk to someone: Distracting yourself by talking to friends and family helps. The mind starts wandering when in anxiety and alone and the effective technique to talk to some trusted person helps. The support you get from family and friends just boosts you back and wards you off the symptoms. In case of a panic attack, you can request the company of a friend and relative to watch over you.
- Trick your anxious thoughts: Anxiety does not happen suddenly but is due to the mind's tendency to have negative thoughts spiraling day in and day out and the worse is that you have no control over the thoughts. Learn to tame these thoughts and the triggers which cause these to keep anxiety at bay.
There are strategies which you can try to help you keep anxious thoughts away.
1. Question yourself when you experience anxiety. A long checklist helps you make your thoughts more realistic.
2. Give affirmations to yourself that everything is okay, you will get over the situation. Usually, affirmations are made to comfort one.
3. Know the physical symptoms as many times physical sensations like in case of a panic attack tend to trigger anxiety and stress. When you get used to the symptoms, the mind does not send signals for anxiety to the brain. Create exercise to habituate yourself to a panic attack. There is no cure for anxiety but the fastest way to get your anxiety under control is to simply manage it.