Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Doctor, Last month meri wife ki date 10 days late thi. To is month uska fertile period time kya hoga.
I am worried that I may b pregnant. I took medron for 5 days to get my periods back I also have pcos .bt I had sex with my bf using condom then the next day I bleed .its my periods or pregnancy? please help .thank you doctor.
My friend is in live in relation ship with his girlfriend. He wants to do sex with her and she too. He is of 31/08/1994 and her d. O. B. Is 12/08/1995. He is worried if condom failed during sex or any kind of pregnancy issue occurred. Which type of condom is more reliable? She doesn't want to take any i-pills. What should be the correct time of their 1st sex. What may be pros and cons?
Sir, I and my girl did not have sex no intercourse took place. And I did not ejaculate (no semen). I might have finger her with the finger with pre cum (pre ejaculation) in it, and even I did not finger her immediately. I gave her i-pill with 24 hrs 17 hrs I guess. Can she still get pregnant and she got signs of side effect of ipill like vomit and nausea after 5 days of in take of ipill what should I do? Can she get pregnant?
Hi am 27 woman, 14 weeks of pregnancy. Recently I supposed to do blood test and every thing is normal expect thyroid result its shows range of 3.606 which is above range doctor advised me to take tablets but before marriage when I do regular check up my thyroid range is 2.5. Why it has been increased now and will it continue even after delivery, is there any food to avoid for these, please advise.
I am 42 years and I had undergone hysterectomy last year in april. I have been taking premarin 0.625 since april 2014 and would like to know when I can completely stop the medication.
Mentioned below are a few ways to remove belly fat.
1. Avoid sugar: Sugar and other sweetened products must be avoided. Excessive intake of sugar floods the liver with fructose which is then turned to fat. This leads to insulin resistance and metabolic problems. Eliminate sugary drinks and try unsweetened beverages like tea or coffee. However, caffeine, too, must be taken in moderate amounts.
2. Eat protein: Protein is considered to be the most important macronutrient when it comes to losing weight. Most of the calories in protein are digested. It is the single most effective change in terms of calorie intake since it reduces your craving by 60% and boosts your metabolism.
3. Limit your intake of carbohydrates: Cutting carbohydrates from your diet reduces your appetite and therefore belly fat. Consuming only 50 grams of carbohydrates per day assists in losing weight fast.
4. Other dietary changes: Eat foods that are rich in fiber and do not skip meals. If you starve yourself for long periods of time, the body conserves fat by breaking down muscle tissue. This is called catabolic state. Eating in small amounts every two hours is also helpful for those looking to trim their belly fat. This helps to avoid overeating and keeps your metabolism up the entire day by processing food throughout the day.
5. Track your calorie intake: It is very important to keep track of the amount of calories you consume so as to make the necessary changes in your dietary plans. You can keep track of it in a food journal or on diet-related websites.
6. Exercise: Regular exercising is of utmost importance while trying to lose belly fat. Aerobic exercises, crunches (side, reverse or twist crunches), cycling, lunge twist, rolling plank exercises, captain's chair, the stomach vacuum etc. help in reducing belly fat. Other exercises such as running, jogging, cycling, walking and swimming also help in reducing weight.
Hello Dr. I am 22 year old girl. I had sex 6oct. And after it I take unwanted 72. My period should come at 28 oct but it did not come so at 7 nov. I take abortion pills kit (5teb ).and still I do not have any bleeding. My last period came at 28 sep. I have also try pregnancy test bit it is still negative. My period is not come till date. I am very worried. What should I do. Thank you.
Recently I have been experience pain in my clitoris jst after urinating. Pain is excruciating. What to do.
Hello, I am 36 years old female and I have high blood pressure problem. And lots of stress. Please suggest any yoga.
Is there any relation between removing 1 ovary because of dermoid cyst and the patient is under going treatment AKT4 for Abdominal tuberculosis will not be conceived normally and should go for IVF only?
If there is yellowish green discharge and itching. With the antibiotics on phone consultation, I got my stomach disturbed. What has happened?
My follicles are not growing on the 13th day of my cycle my follicle was 3 mm on the 18th day it grew only to 5 mm what is the reason and what should I do?
Infertility is a condition wherein a woman does not get pregnant in spite of having unprotected intercourse over a period of a year or even more. An abnormal menstrual cycle that is either too short or too long, irregular or even scanty can be an indication of a lack of ovulation, which in turn, is another factor behind female infertility.
Ovulation disorders are characterized by either a lack of ovulation or irregular and infrequent ovulation. These are a major cause of infertility. This may be due to defects in the regulation of the reproductive hormones by the pituitary gland or the hypothalamus (brain center responsible for producing some of the most essential hormones required by the body). Malfunctioning of the ovary is another cause in itself. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, premature failure of the ovaries (a condition wherein a woman’s ovaries fail to function properly even before she is 40 years old), hypothalamic dysfunction (a dysfunction of the hypothalamus) and excessive production of prolactin (a hormone that stimulates milk production among women after childbirth) by the pituitary gland are some of the factors responsible for the occurrence of such a disorder.
Damaged fallopian tubes do not allow the sperms to fuse properly with the egg. They might also prevent the fertilized egg from entering into the uterus. This condition may be caused due to pelvic inflammatory diseases (a group of infections of the reproductive organs in women), an infection in the fallopian tubes or the uterus caused due to various Sexually Transmitted Diseases, any abdominal surgery or surgery of the pelvic region and pelvic tuberculosis.
Endometriosis, wherein the tissue that usually grows in the uterus, starts growing outside it, is another factor responsible for infertility.
Several cervical or uterine disorders, such as tumors, inflammation within the uterus, uterine abnormalities, a cervical narrowing or the inability of the cervix to produce mucous for the sperm to travel to the uterus, are likely to impact fertility by obstructing implantation or enhancing the chances of miscarriage.
Fertility drugs can be used to regulate and induce ovulation. But they carry with them certain risks and therefore you should consult your physician prior to consumption. Few examples of these drugs are Clomiphene Citrate, Gonadotropins, Metformin, Letrozole and Bromocriptine.
Surgical procedures can be recommended to correct reproductive abnormalities and restore fertility. A laparoscopic surgery or a tubal ligation reversal surgery (a surgery that unites one’s fallopian tubes again in order to enable the woman to have a baby) can be advised by the doctor.
- Reproductive assistance by Intrauterine insemination (a process that involves putting sperms inside a woman’s uterus in order to help her conceive) and Assisted reproductive technology (consisting of IVF and surrogacy).