Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shanthi Sivakumar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shanthi SivakumarYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor I am 26 years old. I have been married since three years and now we are getting ready for the family planing, so for that we had a pre-conceptional visit with the doctor. Now since 6 months we are trying to conceive but that ends in negative results. So on my concern the doctor advised me to do the follicular study and from that the results showed that the development of follicles want happening properly say: on 10th day I had 7*8 mm (Right ovary) and 4*6 (Left ovary) and on 12th day it was almost the same size and on 15th day the right ovary had 11*11 mm and left ovary had Nodf and my doctor told that I had PCOD pattern and I was not ovulating. But my periods are regular like either it has come after 26th day interval or before 33 so my period was quite regular and no other PCOD symptoms which was read on internet notes so I need to know if ovulation is not happening what are the steps that I need to know. I need the solution for this! 1) What if ovulation does not occur. Can anything be done on this? I heard about the tablets for inducing the ovulation process so will it really work? I am 71. 8 kg, 5'6" 26 years, Regular menstrual cycle, Thyroid values is 1.148 and S. Prolactin was 11.20 so I need advice and the solution too doctor! Please.
Hai sir /madam I am 5 months pregnant now some water like liquid is coming from my boobs if it is pressed is it normal for pregnant ladies? please advise me.
Mera 3 months and 1 week ki pregnancy thi but miscarriage ho gya. Blood report me Herpes simplex virus 1+2 positive hai (0.94) .is it a reason of miscarriage? What is the best treatment of this?
We are bombarded with advertisements of how 'good mothers' never fail to have their children use antibacterial soap as a habit. But does it really work? There have been several reports of potentially harmful ingredients being used in these antibacterial soaps and yet their sale continues unhindered. Let's dive in to get the dope behind these soaps.
What are antibacterial soaps?
A drug called 'triclosan' was originally used strictly in hospital environments. In the 1990s the commercial manufacture of antibacterial soaps started with this ingredient in its center and fear mongering and advertisements pushed this into a whooping $1 billion industry. There is murky data on the FDA approval on triclosan usage and guidelines which are leaving us only with information the manufacturers propagate about it. But with enough information out there on the internet, should you wait for manufacturers to prove its effectiveness or make a judgment call? Here are a few facts to help:
1. It is as effective as conventional soap: There are countless studies and researches done in the last four decades that proves that antibacterial soaps are not more effective than regular soaps and the added triclosan doesn't proved any special health benefits. These tests measure the amount of bacteria in one's hand before and after usage. But the real question is do antibacterial soaps reduce infection rates and the answer to that question is yet to be proven.
2. It has the potential to create antibiotic-resistant bacteria: The main benefit of using these products is its bacteria resistant formula. With frequent usage, some bacteria gain resistance to the chemicals. Eventually, while the soap kills off regular bacteria, the resistant bacteria can spiral into a local or global threat.
3. It can disrupt endocrine functions: Triclosan closely resembles the thyroid hormone and can bid to its receptor sites. This can lead to many problems like infertility, artificially-advanced early puberty, obesity, and cancer. This problem has been found during animal testing and yet not proven for humans. With so much threat on the loose, would it matter how effective or ineffective the antibacterial soap is against bacteria?
4. It can lead to problems in children: At a growing age, children are developing their immune system and natural resistance to diseases. Prolonged exposure to antibacterial soap can result in reduced exposure to bacteria which prevention the proper development of the child's immune system.
5. It is bad for the environment too: The more triclosan we use, the more gets flushed down the drain. The problem arises because triclosan isn't fully treated at sewage treatment plans and enters water bodies where it disrupts algae's ability to perform photosynthesis. The spin ball effect reaches all sea animals and plants and eventually comes back to attack us in ways we are yet to find out.
The solution to this problem is to use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that is effective on both bacteria and viruses. If you are wondering how you can add bacteria resistance to your family without any added harm, consult a doctor today.
Marijuana or herbal cannabis is derived from the bhang plant. Hashish is a more potent form and comes as resin.
Recreational use of marijuana in colleges is at an all time high. Majority of young people use it for it's relaxing abilities and the high that comes with use.
Unfortunately for quite a few youngster's it brings on strong anxiety, panic attacks, paranoia incl. Hallucinations and other perceptual abnormalities.
For some these symptoms last from a few hours or days. Unfortunately, for some this is the start of a long-term serious mental illness like schizophrenia or bipolar disorder.
I had a sex (just rubbed Penis with Virgina) and got period on the next day itself .will I be a pregnant. It happened 27 days back xcatly. Now today I observed 2 drops of blood in my panty. As I'm afraid of pregnancy. Pleas tell me?
Why we should take vitamin E rich food items
- Vitamin E also called tocoferol is acted as antioxidants. Antioxidants neutralise the effect of free radicals that are produced in our body thus act as Anti-Aging.
- It helps maintain cell membranes, red blood cells integrity and protects vitamin A and fatty acid from oxidation.
- It is used to treat anemia.
- It is helpful to relieve cramping pain caused by the low blood supply to the affected muscles.
- Sources- Vegetable oil, butter, avocados, whole grain cereals, wheat germ, eggs, and nuts.