Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shanthi.S
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shanthi.SYour feedback matters!
M having problem in conceiving actually after having sex with my partner meh conceive nahi kar pati ho meri periods ho jate hai toh bahut tension hoti hai saadi k baad agar conceive nahi hoga toh yeh sab soch k depress ho jati hu suggest me what can I do.
I had unprotected sex on 24th November that is exactly 12 days after my last period. After that I took ipill within 7 hours. I had black spotting after a week for 2 days. And then it stopped. Now today after 20 days post our intercourse I'm bleeding black. I did home pregnancy test and the result says it's negative but still I'm stressed out. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
I'm trying to conceive and went to doctor the scan was done and it was fine, but the blood reports showed that I'm in pre diabetic stage the doctor has given me melmet tablet and asked to reduce weight. I need to know tips to get pregnant and food that I should avoid n eat please help.
Dear Doctor, I got married three years back. Last year in month of September I came to know that my both fallopian tubes are blocked so pregnancy chance is not there with out IVF. I have gone through laparoscopic surgery and everything went well. Both tubes got open. But doctors said it will take six to nine months due in lining and tuberculosis symptoms while it was not in report still she want to take safety so its good but now it is nine months and I am not pregnant my periods are regular and husband sperm count is good what should I do. Please suggest I am in big trouble. I shall be so thankful you if any help.
My wife is suffering from abdominal pain and red discharge for 4 years. She suffers from pain before period and mild time of period. I married with her in 2015. When she takes antibiotic ,she gets less relief from pain. Is this symptom of endometriosis. I am fed up. I have lost hope from visiting to this doctor to that doctor. Whether it is curable or not, please suggest me .I shall be much obliged to you through out my life.
We have a sex on 29 january with protection period date is 13 february but till date period no come and no sign of symptoms of pregnancy hcg through urine negative check 23 feb and on 2 march help.
Talk about nutrition and carbs, proteins and fats come to the mind immediately. However, these are the macronutrients and are not the only group of nutrients. More important are the micronutrients, comprising of a group of very important substances known as minerals and vitamins. Read on to know the most important vitamins and minerals that your body needs and the role they play.
- Vitamin A: Essential for healthy eyes, general growth and development and glowing skin. These are found in carrots, sweet potatoes and oranges.
- Vitamin B: These are essential for iron absorption, improved immunity and production of energy. Whole grains and unprocessed foods and vegetables like lentils, potatoes, bananas, yeast and molasses are good sources of these vitamins.
- Vitamin C: Required for iron absorption, blood clotting, elastic skin and antioxidant function. Found in good amounts in citrus fruits, guava, kiwi, grapefruits, strawberries, etc.
- Vitamin D: Extremely important for bone development, these are found in eggs, mushrooms and fish.
- Vitamin E: It improves the blood circulation and reduces free radicals, which is essential for cancer protection. Almonds, nuts, tomatoes and sunflower seeds are good sources of vitamin E.
- Vitamin K: It is very essential for the process of blood coagulation, these are found in spinach, broccoli, kale and other green vegetables.
- Iron: Very essential ingredient for blood formation and muscle building, clams, oysters, soybeans, lentils and spinach are great sources of iron.
- Calcium: Most important ingredient, as it helps in the formation of teeth and bones, dairy products, tofu and cheese are very good sources.
- Zinc: A key ingredient essential for overall growth, immunity and fertility, spinach, beans, oysters and dark chocolate carry a good amount of Zinc.
- Folic acid: Essential for iron absorption, cell regeneration, and in pregnancy for healthy development of the baby. Green leafy vegetables, asparagus, peas, seeds, nuts, lentils, beets, corn, etc. are good sources.
Trace minerals like iodine, manganese, copper, fluoride, selenium and chromium are also essential but in very small amounts. While these are not the only essential vitamins and minerals, these are the most important ones. The quantities of these substances required on a daily basis are very small, but critical for functions listed above. In addition, some of them also help in releasing free radicals, which provides protection against cancer and chronic inflammation. This helps prevent chronic health conditions like heart disease, diabetes and stroke.
An important point to consider is while there are multiple supplements available in the market today to make sure you get all of these nutrients, try to eat a wholesome meal and get these through natural sources to the maximum extent possible. The natural foods are the best source, and supplements should be used only when these cannot be obtained naturally.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!