Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. ShanthiYour feedback matters!
Okay. I can not remember where I put my things just after few minutes and also before when I study I remember everything even if I read once and now I can not do that even if I read several times. Also I forget easily like things what I was supposed to do even just after few minutes I planned to do that. Like I planned to call someone but forget after 5 mins. I tried to relax and no tension but still something happen. This is happening since 4 months back. But never before that. What is happening with me. Am I getting brain sickness?
I am 18 years old male having addiction of Internet. Its effect on my health please gove suggestions for it.
I'm 29, weight-51, height-174 cm. While I was 24, my weight was 58. Since I got into some emotional problem like anxiety, my weight has gradually reduced to 51 kg. Could you tell me whether taking anxiety is harmful to health? What does it cause to human body? Pls advise how to regain my weight? .
I am 32 years old and I am in the habit of chewing Tobacco blended Gutkha for the last 7 years. My consumption is 30 small packets per day. I trying to leave this habit by gradual reduction but I am unable to leave this habit, as the instinct is more and compelling my feeling to take more Gutkha instead of leaving. Please suggest the available methods so that I can get rid of this habit once for all. Please advise.
I need a psychologist. I am depressed bcoz I am having a breakup just 1 week ago. I tried so much to get him. But still but couldn't. I am feeling very embarrassed nd insulted. He insulted me. But I didn't feel. But now I feel that he has hurt my ego.
I am 47 yr old suffering from mild anxiety problem since childhood. Since last yr I am on alopathic anti depressant like nexito 5 mg which has benefited me to an extent. Now I want to shift to ayurveda. Pls guide me.
Actually my problem is when I am studying now I can understand now but after few days I am forgetting some of them, so that I am not getting interest on studies, what I have to do please suggest me.
Sir, I have a big problem of nervous. At a normal time. I feel normal. But. At any public place I feel nervous. Nd increased heartbeat, and whole body trembled. Also feel some problem of speaking. Before that time it was not at all. Plzz suggest what to do.
How can I forget my x girlfriend I was madly in love with her how to move on? Im getting day by day more insecure people who are being in a relationship im just getting jealous watching them. And getting more and more insecure. How can I get rid of it. Can I get a new gf or wife better than her? In every way?
I am feeling very depressed now a days with my exam results. But I want to recover from this situation. I can't even study for this. Please Help me.
1. Slight Curly hair and front side hair growth is less 2. What to do for increase concentrate mind in reading and another activities, Pl also suggest for mind growth.
Dear sir, I am suffering from anxiety since 6 months, I am using beta locker tablet and depression tablet, now am looking ok, but I am getting some times chest pain. Would you suggest me how I long have to use these tablets. Does anxiety will stay for long. I am worried about that.
This is for my 15 years old nephew. He has anxiety problem. Of late, he went to himachal where he was 95% normal. He had only time fixation ie particular work to be done at a particular time. He ate well and loved to have a bath. But he wanted to stay there and not come back to Mumbai. He wanted to stay in Hotels and enjoy himself. His mother forcibly brought him back ultimately. Now he does not eat well, and not had bath since the last 3 months. He eats only Once a day. And he says he will only eat and have bath once he is out of Mumbai. He speaks in code language with his mother saying that he feels scared if she speaks in normal language. But he speaks in normal language ie English and hinder with outsiders. He refuses to open his eyes at home saying he feels scared but opens his eyes once he is out in The restaurant. He is paranoid about home and the areas around. How he is going to behave at a particular place ie home is pre planned by him. Eg: closing eyes, not letting others speak at home etc. We have a cordial home environment and this boy is the only child in the house. Thus pampered. Kindly let us know. We are worried.
I am suffering from depression or tension. I don't know what I am suffering from. I just started working and its been 3 months now in a company and I am not doing it properly. It is causing me my job rejection. And I could be thrown out. So by this I wasn't been able to sleep properly and can't focus in anything. So my question is should I take medicine to do something for this or should I calm myself for it?
Hi. I don't know why, I always get negative thoughts first. But people always tell that thinking positive will get positive results. Even though I don't think either in negative or positive way. But one thing is real that am not growing in my career as good as I think. Does my way of thinking is or do I really suffer from any depressive symptoms. Sometimes even I couldn't even participate in sex because of some stress. Kindly suggest me.
My wife bursts with anger and dont listen anything . For small -small reasons she just bursts.She blames every other thing for her behaiviour and she is also not ready to see a doctor . How to cope with the situation .Whenever i shout or try to control she calls people from my office or people who knows us that i am beating her.
Feeling stressed out? Don’t reach for the pills just yet; there is a better option out there. Almost all conventional methods of treatment come with side effects, no matter how effective they are. Why not opt for an equally effective method, but without side effects, yes you heard it right! Homeopathy is a method of treatment that is effective and free from side effects.
Here are some homeopathic remedies that can help you de-stress:
1. Be active: Feeling stressed of late? Time to get your running shoes on. Research proves that exercise is one of the best remedies for stress, activities such as running and swimming release ‘endorphins’ in the system, which uplift your mood. So go for an early morning jog or a late evening swim, whatever suits you just make sure that you get some exercise on a regular basis.
2. Diet: Stress can result from an improper diet where the body is not well nourished. The body needs its share of various vitamins and minerals to function optimally. So it is important to eat a well balanced meal and avoid eating junk food. Eating unhealthy food can cause reactions in the body that lead to various diseases.
3. Be connected: Being connected does not mean being connected on social media, rather forming and nurturing ‘people to people’ connections. Talk to people, getting involved in team activities and participating in various sports. Form meaningful relationships with others so that you have someone to listen to you when you feel weary and low. Staying isolated can cause symptoms of stress to aggravate.
4. Start a hobby: If you don’t already have one, spend some time doing things that give you pleasure. It can be something that gives you a sense of accomplishment. Doing such activities will keep your mind active and reduce stress levels.
5. Medications: Apart from the above, homeopathy has medications such as Nux Vomica which is used to reduce anger and impatience. For people who are stressed due to overwork, Kali Phos is an effective remedy. In case of prolonged grief such as the one resulting from a sudden demise in the family, Natrum Mur and Ignatia are advised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.