Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. ShanthiYour feedback matters!
I'm 20 years old male, but since some days I'm feeling breathlessness and anxiety. Some say it's because of stress may be. I would just like to confirm it once.
I don't know why I'm always moody and sitting very dull and inactive and always sleeping. I want to be active and mingling with everyone. How can I get become active.(is it due to my weight)
Sir in past 10 years I drink alcohol a lot. Nowadays I am suffering from acidity. What to do for acidity.
A lot of smokers now are well aware of the dangers of smoking, but yet they find it hard to quit this habit. In fact, even repeated attempts to quit smoking fail after a few days as they tend to give in to a variety of withdrawal symptoms. In case you are searching for a permanent solution to de-focus and avoid tobacco intake, yoga is the way to venture out of the smoke and free yourself of the addiction.
Compelling well-being programs that plan to improve people and bring back their focus on things that help them lead a solid and happy life can be sought. In this manner, their friends and families get a chance to inhale fresh air as well. Yoga is one such measure which can be used.
Here are a couple of yoga poses that are helpful in getting rid of tobacco addiction:
- Kapal bhati pranayama (skull shining breathing procedure): This asana tends to enhance the blood flow, improve the sensory system, restore brain cells and quiet the mind. This pranayama likewise clears the nadis (the energy channels) and fights the temptation of smoking.
- Nadi shodhan pranayama (alternate nostril breathing procedure): Discharge accumulated stress, quiet your brain, sanitise and adjust your naadis (unobtrusive energy channels) with this pranayama. The nadi shodhan pranayama works effectively for some respiratory problems and helps you cope with your addiction of tobacco.
- Bhujanagasana (cobra posture): The cobra posture improves blood circulation and expands your abdomen. It lessens exhaustion and is additionally useful for people with respiratory illnesses. This yoga acts as a stress reliever and minimises the desire of smoking.
- Setu bandhasana (bridge posture): The bridge posture opens up the lungs and enhances the supply of oxygen to the body. It additionally extends different parts of the body, quiets the mind, diminishes tension, depression and stress, which keeps you far from smoking.
- Shishuasana (child posture): The child posture unwinds the body, quiets down the nervous system and eases the body from stress.
- Trikonasana (triangle posture): The triangle posture extends and strengthens different parts of the body. This yoga pose is an extremely powerful physical and mental balance for the body. It also diminishes nervousness and stress, and helps you fight the desire of tobacco.
- Sarvangasana (bear stand): The shoulder stand supplies the mind with more blood and also calms it down. It additionally mitigates stress and misery, thereby killing the desire of smoking.
- Shavasana (corpse posture): The corpse stance should be performed last as it releases the body into a profound, reflective condition of rest and alleviates tension. This yoga posture restores the body and diminishes stress and tension.
Yoga is a very beneficial form of releasing stress and tension as well as your addictions. It takes a long time to show results but the results are long-lasting and highly effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Dear Dr. I am 42 year old and I get tensed / back headache cause of my office problems for not getting promotion and problems created by my seniors for no reason for which I feel tired and drowsy every time . I am a non alcoholic and non smoker. I saw a psychiatrist during 2014 he informed me that the drowsiness is because of anxiety and he prescribed me nexito 5 mg and lonazep0. 25. He informed me to take this for 6 months and now I stop. Now again I am getting the same type of feeling. Feeling restless and drowsy when I check for sugar instant it was 95 (low) and my HB was 10.7 and now I am taking some iron tablets. Sir please suggest me shall I continue taking the medicine lonazep and nexito. Is there any side effects when taken for long with any other medicine and how long can I take this medicine to stop my drowsiness / anxiety. Also please suggest how can I stop anxiety / depression / hand shivering if not taken food on time pls. Pls advice. Thanking you.
My son is 6 years old (class 2 student) and he does not note down any thing from school black board but he is fine to write if someone dictate the text (though he take lot of time than others in writing that too) he has eye sight problem and wearing specs as suggested by eye specialist. He is fine in learning things and good in maths and other subject other than writing problem. He has some problem in motor skills too. Please advise.
Hi, now a days I don't get sound sleep mind is disturbed suddenly in the night I start sweating please advise.
Sir. Thanks for your info. From few Months. I am feeling fear of die and always worried abt what will happen next. Then sometime. In the middle of sleep. I used to wakeup and felt sort of breath and feel like my pennies getting smaller or inactive. I am taken lonazep on that time. Please suggest. How can I come out of this.
My Husband is 40 years old, and we have been married for last 10 years, he has been working in the shares/ stock market for the past 15 years, from the last three years he has been working from home, and started abusing verbally and physically. And when he is in good mood he denies to have shown that behavior, and blames the other person. He has started living with his parents for the last 8 months and tries to avoid all responsibilities of his family, wife and 8 year old son. I want to know if he is suffering from any psychological problem and if it can be solved through medical treatment.
I am 28 years old and I work in an it firm. These days I am hardly able to remember the things happened even yesterday or older. For example if I have changed the password of my laptop or if I have worked on something, I am not able to grasp the details happened yesterday. I have to sit on that to remember that. Please advise.
I am 24 years old. I am suffering from stuttering problem. I also attend speech therapy sessions, but they did not make any improvement. Please help me.
How to cure anxiety disorder? What can I do to reduce it? She faces problems like excessive fears and too much self consciousness when facing public.
I am 16 years old boy I have problem of headache during study I think it was because of stress bt I am wrong not only during exam this stress is disturbing me all the years what can I do now.
I keep stressing over everything. Any small issue creates panic. I keep over thinking about each and every small matter. It takes a troll over my health. I want to increase weight but all these results in poor health.
My boards are coming near and my parents want me to study for hours and hours. To sleep at 2 and wake up at 5 .I am not able to do such things and am getting tired and lazy day by day what should I do to improve mt time table.
Depression is also responsible for increasing the chances of having diabetes who have already metabolic risk factors like obesity, increased bad cholesterol, high bp. Etc.