Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shanthi priyaYour feedback matters!
Since last month there is pain in my left upper teeth. When I consult a Doctor for this he prescribed some medicine, paste and asked for x-ray. After x-ray he suggested for Root Canal Treatment and Capping due to gap occurred between two teeth. I would like to know is that better for me to have a Root Canal Treatment.
Dear sir, I had recently undergone wisdom tooth extraction and was advised amoxycillin 625 for few days after that I am having mouth ulcers have taken b casolues but not benefitted from it please advise as my condition has agravated.
Hello doctor, my mom is suffering from mouth ulcers since long. Doctor prescribed her medications (cap cobadex z and orasep gel). Ulcers got cured with this medications but again she started facing the same problem. It seems this doesn't work. Also today morning she checked her throat and it seems red inside. She told me earlier when spitting in the morning while doing teeth brush, blood appears in spit. Please let me know if that's just a mouth ulcer/throat infection/tonsil problem and any thing critical. Lookinf forward for your quick response as her pain is troubling her and i'm getting more worried. Many thanks. With regards, meena.
I have yellowish color teeth. I dont have tea coffee and I dont smoke also then how can I make them white in color?
My gums are bleeding and kind of loosing from my tooth. And my mouth water too much. Someone recommend me oil pulling. Is oil pulling safe?
I have yellow dust in my teeth but I am using dental cream and not change any improvement please give me some course.
I had mouth ulcers frm my age of 13, I m not cured by it upto now. I am using many medicines. But it was recurring. I want solution.
One of my friend canine teeth are improper. At canine location two adjacent teeth are there. Can the teeth made to a proper position. What is d treatment should undergo? And how much time it will take for a treatment? And what can b the cost for treatment?
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.
I have pairia in my almost teeth. Bleeding start when I brush & wakeup. please help me. Now I M brushing with dabar lal dunt munjan.
I have mouth smell , I also use mouth wash , can you recommend me any other mouth wash or any medicine free for smell.
Complete oral examination and evaluation, cavities risk assessment, diet counselling, brushing demonstration and other oral hygiene measures are step some of the steps your pediatric dentist would do to make your child a healthy child by ensuring a healthy mouth. Kindly contact your pediatric dentist to know more about the same and avail this wonderful initiative.