Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. ShanthiYour feedback matters!
I am 39 years old and a mother of 3 year old girl. I have been experiencing pain in both my breasts since last two days and feel lumps too. This happens usually before my menstrual cycle and pain and lumps fade away by the end of the periods. My periods is due in 10 days time. The pain already stared and I feel lots of lumps. Should I go for cancer screening now or wait till my periods get over?
I have consulted some doctors. They all said me that I have'lypoma. Does it have any cure ? It is absolutely painless.
I have been operated for tongue cancer 2 weeks back which is operated with neck too. So report say my neck is now cure but my tongue report is like this. Distance of tumor frm base 0.6cm Lymph vascular invasion: present Final impression: invasive squamous cell carcinoma, conventional, grade 2, right lateral border of tongue, pT1 pN0. So whats next now. Doctor say for a radio therapy or operation which is best and tell me whats next step now?
My husband is 34, once, when he spit, he noticed a pinky substance coming out. Please tell whether it is a symptom of cancer ?
I am 68-years young man with slight bp: 140/80mmhg and following observations: observations: 1. Right kidney shows a calculus, measuring 3. 1mm at mid pole; 2. Prostrate is enlarged in size and measures 5. 3 x 3. 9 x 4. 3 cm (volume 47. 8 cc) 3. Liver: normal in size (12. 1 cm) and shows diffuse increase in echogenicity, suggestive of fatty changes. Can you please guide me with comments, suggestions and advise, please?
I have a PSA of 18.5. I insisted on having an MRI done before I would agree to a biopsy. The MRI came back showing two areas with a PI–RADS 5 (very likely cancer) One area with a PI-RADS 4 (very likely cancer), One area with restricted diffusion and abnormal signal One area with restricted.
What are the causes for breast cancer in female and may I know the symptoms for that? And how can we get rid of that type of cancer?
I am 64yrs. Old. I am taking urimax-f for the last one year for enlarged prostrate. How long should I take it?
What are the symptoms of throat cancer. I have habit of smoking for last two years. I am recognizing some symptoms as some pain sometimes around the neck region, and some itchiness in that area. Then some bulgeness in the throat. Can define this problem.
My wife is 41 years old and had undergone 6 chemo therapy for her ovarian cancer, and have got minor disk prolapse earlier to that. Now she is having leg pain in the her fingers and back side disk portion also especially in night. Can you advise me how to get rid of this situation please?
Swelling in lower lip for last 2 days. Reasons are unknown before swelling appears when he woke up in the morning. Today it ruptures and some blood with yellow fluid came out. My father is a smoker for last 20-25 years. Can it be a form of oral cancer. Please reply
A patient having CML, a kind of blood cancer detected a year back and currently having imitanib 400 mg daily. His RT PCR for BCR ABL report says 1.44 % currently which was 100 %> a year back. What's your view on this? How much it should be? What options should I opt for? What's your suggestion?
Hello my mother 45 years has stage 3b small cell carcinoma cervix and has been injected with cisplatin n etoposide in first line after 6 cycles which there was 100% response after which she went through internal and external radio therapy. Not 2 months later the cancer reoccurred. After which she received good dose of pacitaxel and ireantecon on 1st and 8th day in her second line which proved out to be ineffective and the disease progressed. Now currently she is having her 3rd line with gemcitabine and another drug (don't know it's name) which aren't looking good either. There is a new lymph node visible on her throat which is getting bigger. I want to know if there is anything we can do about this type of cancer? Any experimental drugs which are proving to be effective? Or what else can we do for that cist on her throat. Or what other drugs can help our case. Thank you.
Fibroadenomas are benign non carcinogenic tumors that occur in the breasts of women. Although the condition may affect females of any age; spanning from pubescent girls to middle aged ladies, yet it is most commonly diagnosed in young women below 30 years of age. Fibroadenomas can be described as a stiff, smooth, supple marble under the skin of your breasts, which move when touched. These tumors which occur in varied sizes, may shrink or expand with time. Diagnosing through biopsies and treatment by surgeries are commonly employed for such a condition.
Types of Fibroadenomas
Fibroadenomas are of two types: simple fibroadenomas and complex fibroadenomas. The simple tumors are usually harmless and almost look the same under the lens of a microscope. On the other hand, the complex tumors are comprised of macro cysts (large fluid-filled sacs) and calcifications (deposits of calcium) which can slightly increase the chance of breast cancer.
What is the primary cause of Fibroadenomas?
Doctors aren't able to pinpoint the chief cause of fibroadenomas, but they have reasons to believe that the condition may pertain to the reproductive hormones. The condition may occur during pregnancy or during the use of hormone therapy, owing to which, the tumors may increase in size. The tumors are usually seen to shrink postmenopause, when the hormone levels start to dwindle. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Fibroadenomas are apparent and you may be able to detect them even without a doctor. The marble like tumor within your breasts are usually:
- Rubbery and elastic
- Easily movable
These tumors can range from being too small to as big as 3 inches or more in diameter. These lumps, which are usually harmless may be a cause of concern if they start to grow or change. Consulting a doctor is duly advised in such cases.
Risks: Fibroadenomas, only in the rarest cases, increase the likelihood of breast cancer. A complex fibroadenoma comprising of cysts or thick tissues called calcifications may aggravate your condition. Causes of concern could be if the tumor pains, a family history of cancer or an event of a questionable biopsy report. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Cancer in the female reproductive organs has been on the rise in the past few years and is a major health concern. While conventional medicine has been able to improve certain aspects of the lives of patients afflicted by this, Ayurveda also has some great remedies for cervical cancer. Let's have a look at some of the remedies in Ayurveda.
- Ashwagandha or Withania Somnifera: Ashwagandha is an all rounder herb, which has long been a favorite of Ayurvedic practitioners. It is a great antioxidant as it has very strong anti-inflammatory properties which help fight the growth of cancer cells and thus can be very helpful in arresting or preventing cervical cancer.
- Lodhra or Symplocus Racemosa: This is a herb, which is used as an extract in powders or even found in the form of capsules. It is commonly used to treat vaginal discharges and menstrual problems and has been known to be very effective. It is also very useful for all cancers of the female reproductive organs including the cervix.
- Shatavari or Asparagus Racemosus: As a herb, Shatavari is very good in increasing libido in women and also increasing energy for daily activities. Ayurvedic practitioners have used this herb to treat many female sexual disorders since ages. It is also very effective in preventing cervical cancer and limiting the growth of cancer cells within the female reproductive organs.
- Ashoka bark of Saraka Indica: This is another ingredient, which is used frequently in the female health products. Ashoka bark is of special interest in case of female reproductive health as it has been known to reduce pain and symptoms caused by tumors in various organs. This natural remedy is also very effective in lessening painful PMS symptoms and correct menstrual problems. Thus, it can also reduce the chances of cervical cancer and also keep it under check.
- Guggul or Commiphora Mukul: Used in many health tonics because of its rejuvenating properties, this herb can be very helpful in the treatment of cervical cancer as it provides the body with many essential minerals which cannot be administered by other medications or food.