Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shanthi ManoharanYour feedback matters!
Consuming Grapes combined with a diet rich in saturated fats can lower obesity risk as well as improve gut bacteria a Study has found.
It may also help counter the negative effects of a high-fat diet including heart disease hypertension and diabetes.the findings showed that the unique and diverse composition of Antioxidants called polyphenols can help reduce the percentage of body fat subcutaneous and visceral fat deposits markets of inflammation in the liver and improve glucose tolerance.
I have baby three month's before hand I got ceasaern now I had continues back pain and abdominal pain. Is there any problem.
Good hand washing is the key to preventing the spreading of common infections.
Generally, as a child, we hear from our parents repeatedly saying that ,'WASH YOUR HANDS PROPERLY'.
We might think that they are nagging , but it is very important to keep germs away.
So, Follow these simple steps to keep your hand clean:
1. Use warm water ( avoid cold or hot water).
2. It's not imperative to use antibacterial soap every time , ever regular soap insufficient.
3. Rub your hands together well and scrub all surfaces of hand . Lather up on both sides of hand , wrist , between your fingers, around your nails. The ideal time you should spend washing is 20 seconds.
4. Rinse well under warm running water and pat dry with clean towel.
Sometimes, excessive hand washing can cause dryness, so use mild soaps for washing , pat rather than rubbing with a towel for drying your hands and apply moisturising lotion afterwards.
Take care of above points, next time you wash your hands.
I had an unprotected sex yesterday. I took unwanted 72 after an hour. I again had unprotected sex today, will the tablet taken yesterday be effective today as well? Or are there chances of pregnancy?
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 4 benefits of breastfeeding:
1) Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
2) Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
3) Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
4) Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces.
Related Tip: Why is breastfeeding so good for your baby and you?
For most women, though periods are essential, they are not a pleasant experience. The bleeding is often accompanied by bloating, pain in the abdomen and thighs, weakness etc. that can make her feel uncomfortable along with mood swings and irritability. It gets worse if your periods happen to clash with travel plans, holidays or important events like a marriage or social function. Thankfully, there are natural ways to delay the onset of one’s periods. Eating some types of food can help speed up the menstrual cycle while others can help delay the next period. Here are some foods you could try if you want to delay your next period.
- Lentils: Lentils can help delay a period and can also help reduce the amount of bleeding. It also helps reduce menstrual complications. To benefit from it, you must consume a cup of lentils on a daily basis. Roast the dried lentils and then grind the lentils to a fine powder. This powder can then be mixed with water to form a soup.
- Lemons and Vinegar: The acidic nature of lemon and vinegar can help delay the onset of your periods. It also helps remove toxins from the body and brings a glow to your face. You could simply chew a slice of lemon to delay your periods or drink a glass of water with a tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar twice a day. This should ideally be had on an empty stomach in the morning and just before going to bed.
- Parsley: Herbs not only add flavour to our food but also have medicinal value. Parsley is excellent not only for digestion but also to delay menstruation. Steep a handful of parsley leaves in half a litre of water for approximately 20 minutes. Strain this solution and drink the tea while still warm. This should be repeated twice or thrice a day for approximately a week before your periods begin. Parsley tea may be a little bitter and to make it more appealing you could add a little honey to the tea.
- Avoid Spicy Food: Spicy foods increase the body’s internal temperature. This leads to the production of more oestrogen that can quicken the menstrual cycle. Eliminating spices such as pepper, chillies, garlic, jalapenos, paprika etc. from your diet can help lower the body’s internal temperature and reduce the production of oestrogen thereby delaying the onset of your next period.
A kiwi looks like a fuzzy brown egg, on the inside its bright green pulp is sprinkled with a ring structured small and black seeds are superheated with important nutrients.
Once an exotic fruit, kiwis have now are plentiful.
Kiwis provide potassium in abundance, which help lower blood pressure and contain soluble fiber, pectin which help in cholesterol management.
Being high in soluble fiber, it plays a vital role in weight loss and management.
It contains powerful antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, which are boon for eye health.
Afraid of IUI. Some body told me they change husband semen or mix with some one others semen and they do not really wash their utensils. Is its true ?
We are trying for baby but getting it hard. We have now done tests all reports are normal and doctor have prescribed me productive f tablet. Please tell me how much useful it is.
While having sex my wife's vagina gets air bounded and occurs some awkward sounds. And she feels some pain around cervix when I inserting the penis. What is the solution of it?
Having PCOS taking fertility treatment for 1 year. Failed 2 IUI with gonadotrophins and clomid along with progesterone supplements. Have done HSG my tubes are open and semen count is normal too along with other reports. My gynaecologist suggesting hysteroscopy. Shall I undergo it? What are possible advantages and disadvantages of this procedure? What is the cost of hysteroscopy in India bangalore.
Hy. I am 25 years old. I hd sexed manh times before marriage. In coming nov I am going to get married. So I need to knw is there ilanything like. artificial vagina. Which could bleed out at time of sex during first night. Or another remedies. Pls giv me suggestion also for tightening my vagina. Thnku.
Sir mai marriage ki 2year ho gye starting m maine without doctor consult after relation i-pill lai lete the hmesha aise krte the but beach m relation bn gye the or mtp kit lai le the after take kit blooding 1-2month tk chale maine doctor se without check up medicine le or thik ho gye the. An mughe lgta h k sayad m pragnant nhe ho paunge kyoke 2year ho gye hm pragnant nhe hue hu mai kya kru or konsa checkup krau.
I got married in India in 2010. After a few months I came to know that my wife had large fibroids in her stomach that would affect delivery. After surgery to my wife, my daughter was delivered. After daughter's delivery doctor advised to remove the fibroids through surgery for my wife. She stayed at her home for some time, come back in 2012 saying she had recovered. However she had frequent fever, stomach pain, head ache, mood upset for a long time. When we went abroad in 2015 there again she suffered pain. When checked with the doctor doctor mentioned she had large fibroids. When we came back to India doctors in 2015 diagnosed her with 7 large fibroids both inside, outside uterus. In 2016 she took rest at her home. At the end of 2016 she came to my home. I am observing that she has lot of stomach pain, headache,fever, lot of mood upset. Even though she has put best efforts to do the kitchen work, take care of my daughter, her mood, anger gets ahead of herself. She becomes very angry against my daughter, myself. She does not participate in family activities at night time from quite a long time. In fact, she keeps a hand on her stomach and sleeps. I feel bad about her condition, offered to show her to a good gynaecologist. However she refuses and says that she is in good health condition and does not need to show to doctor. However she does not participate in night time activities nor interested in having any more kids. She is a good person. Her age is 40+ years old. I would like to know whether any treatment options are available for my wife so that she becomes better in her health condition. How I can take care of her if she is not willing to see doctor along with me. How I can make more kids with her, if it is possible.
My last menses day is jan 4.and am pregnant how many weeks it will be till today and wen will be my delivery day.
Is it beneficial to your health to take Coenzyme Q10? If so, what are the benefits? Are there any side effects?
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, www.lybrate.com/treatment-for-healthy-diet, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Drugs like methika, karela, meshashringi etc. all anti-diabetic drugs as these drugs decreases tissue level peripheral insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia, which being the chief pathological sequence in PCOD.
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.