Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shanthi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShanthiYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 8 week pregnant according to my last LMP. 27 April 2016. My doc did a sonography on 13 june and told me that pregnancy is confirmed and it is of 5 week. As I got faint line on UPT 30 may. From 18 of june I had spotting and with my doc consultation I did an another sono on 23 june and doctor say it is not clear from normal obst sonography go for an internal one. We did it and I got baby and cardiac movement also but he told us it is only of 5 week 3 days. I am tensed that is it possible. Please tell.
I have pcos I came to known it in 2015 I have used myonext 10 mg for 3 months and also used naturogest for 5 days with this I got heavy sideeffects like heavy couch body pains .again I am facing irregular periods what I have to do now.
We have been married for 2.5 years but the amount of sex is almost nil and also intercourse is very painful for me.help
I am 21 year old and unmarried. I experience pain in both the breast at touch. I have the habit of sleeping on my tummy at night and I did not sleep with a bra on. My left nipple feels sensitive too. I can not feel any external lumps on the breast. I have not got my menses as i am 5 days late and their are no symptoms of getting it. Please help me out.
When i had sex with my gf then she takes unwanted 72 .every 2 .3 months gap. My question is any risk when takes pill every 2 months .side effects or she's birth cycle.
My last mc date is 24/2/15 Ichake pregnacy test test is positiv .So i want to remve pregnacy.By tablet .Next two day s I eat nk cap tablet.Who to identfy pregnacy is removed or not.If not removed .Plase give madical tablet name
The spine plays a very crucial role, both from a person’s movement and sensation point of view. It carries the nervous supply for a lot of internal organs and the lower body. By virtue of its structure, it also helps in movement through the disks. Due to various reasons, spinal injury is common, causing pain along the back, lower extremities, neck etc.
Medicines and exercise are the first line of treatment for most spinal injuries. The issue, however, is that these only provide relief from the pain and the medicines, but do not actually ‘rectify’ the underlying problem. Whether it is a herniated disk or a pinched nerve, the medicines and exercise can relieve the symptoms, but the disk continues to be herniated and the nerve continues to be pinched. Definite treatment is in the form of surgery, and with recent advancements in the field of spinal surgery, there are minimally invasive surgical options, which provide complete cure with minimal recovery time. Some of the benefits of this are listed below-
Smaller incision compared to traditional surgical procedures, where only the injured area is accessed
The surrounding tissues are untouched, unless they are injured and require repair
Lesser bleeding compared to earlier techniques
Lesser painful procedure
Reduced hospitalization period
Quicker recovery and return to normal activities
The question, however, is whether this is indicated in everybody. A detailed discussion with your surgeon keeping the below points in mind will help identify the answer for this. The main driver should be the answer to the question – will the surgery be able to effectively relieve you of the pain and symptoms? Additionally, the following factors help in getting better results out of a minimally invasive spinal surgery.
Presence of symptoms relating to nerve compression, including pain from the spine down the leg.
Recent onset of symptoms, with pain starting days to months before seeing the doctor. This indicates the condition is relatively new and so damage is minimal, indicating favorable outcome. Chronic pain conditions take slightly longer time compared to recent injuries.
People with active lifestyle who engage in regular physical exercise are likely to have better benefits from the minimally invasive procedure.
Smoking reduces blood flow to the spine, leading to disk degeneration and weakening of bones. Healing is highly slowed down and recovery is overall delayed.
Excessive weight puts strain on the back, and so healing can be delayed or badly affected with more complications. It is not a contraindication, but be prepared for a longer recovery period.
Talk to your doctor keeping these points in mind, and you can bid farewell to your back pain forever. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Post-pregnancy weight can be difficult to get rid of. It is a gradual process and often takes time. Experts are of the view that hormonal imbalance and a sudden increase in the diet are the major cause of the additional weight. This being said, shedding weight is possible if a consistent effort is made on a daily basis. Here is a list of hat tips to get you started:
- Walk every day: Walking 5 minutes a day does the world of good in the endeavor of shedding weight. Post the 6-week check-up after the arrival of the baby, the duration of walking can be increased. Brisk walking for half an hour can help the body to weight as much as 300 calories a day.
- Weight training- Weight training is one of the best forms of exercise to lose weight quickly. If hitting a gym is a problem, a personal trainer can be hired for working out. Certain exercises such as lifting small weights, doing lunges is a good way to start.
- Breastfeed: Breastfeeding for a time duration of 30-45 minutes (about3-4 times a day) helps to lose 600-800 calories per day. Some women even report of shedding all their extra weight just through breastfeeding. This is by far the easiest way of losing weight.
- Say no to calories- Calories, by all means, will have to be avoided. Certain fast food items such as soda, chocolate, and chips should not be consumed at all. Instead, meals rich in nutrient, fresh vegetable, fruits, whole grains etc. should be consumed on a daily basis.
- Frequent meals- 2 to 3 heavy meals a day are detrimental to a person trying to shed weight. Frequent meals, on the other hand, maintain a steady blood sugar levels, reduce the tendency of over-eating and do not let fat store in the body.
- Frequent naps- Studies show that frequent naps can help a great deal of weight. It reduces the craving of eating food with high calorie. It also revitalizes the metabolism and refrains a person from long term self-deprivation. Naps will also help to gather enough energy to perform other physical activities.
- Healthy snacks- Home-made snacks containing whole wheat, low-fat milk and yogurt are good snack options for post pregnancy weight loss. These snacks block hormones that are responsible for storage of fat in the body.
- Yoga or meditation- Yoga has proved to be extremely effective for women trying to shed post-pregnancy weight. It especially helps in toning down the fat in the upper and lower abdomen which is extremely difficult to get rid of. Yoga also relaxes the mind and helps to focus more.
- Consumption of warm water- Drinking warm water after every meal serves two purposes.
- It doesn’t let the fat store inside the body.
- It helps in better digestion. It has to be ensured that the water is mildly warm and drinkable.
- Avoid stress- Nurturing a baby is exhausting enough. Stress on top of this can be disastrous. It leads to depression resulting into junk eating. It has to be ensured that stress is avoided by engaging in activities such as cooking, painting or listening to music. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
If unprotected sex done after the periods had ended and sex done on 8th day of period and within 24 hrs ipill taken now after 2 days of ipill she is having little little blood spots on her pads. Today after 7 days of ipill she is bleeding like periods. What to do is she having pregnancy bleeding or the bleeding is normal due to ipill? Last period date - 15 july to 19 july Unprotected sex- 21 july night Ipill taken------------- 22 july morning Little bleed ----------24 july to 27 july (headache/lower abdomen pain/back pain/breast pain) Bleeding like periods-. Today 28 july.
कीगल एक्सरसाइज और उसके फायदे
कीगल एक्सरसाइज पेल्विक एरिया में रक्त के प्रवाह में वृद्धि करके पेल्विक की मांसपेशियों को मजबूत रखता है। जिससे इसकी संवेदनशीलता में तेजी आती है। और यह अनुभूती उत्तेजना और आर्गेंज्म में मदद करती हैं।
कीगल एक्सरसाइज की खोज
डॉक्टर अर्नाल्ड कीगल ने इस एक्सरसाइज की खोज की है। यह एक्सरसाइज गर्भवती महिलाओं की मूत्र असंयम को नियंत्रित करने और बच्चे के जन्म के बाद जल्दी ठीक होने में मदद करती है। लेकिन पिछले कुछ वर्षों में यह बात साबित हुई है कि कीगल एक्सरसाइज पुरुषों की समय पूर्व स्खलन की समस्या को कम करने और महिलाओं की श्रोणि की मांसपेशियों को मजबूत बनाने में भी मदद करती है।
कैसे करें कीगल एक्सरसाइज
पीसी मसल्स, पैरों के बीच पेल्विक के पास स्थित होती हैं। इसे करने के लिए अपने घुटनों को मोड़ कर आराम की स्थिति में बैठ जाए। अब आप ध्यान केंद्रित करके पीसी मसल्स को टाइट करके संकुचित करें। इसे 30 से 50 बार दोहराये। पूरी प्रकिया के दौरान स्वतंत्र रूप से सांस लें। इस एक्सरसाइज को करने के दौरान 5 सेकंड के लिए संकुचन करें और फिर 5 सेकंड के लिए आराम करें। धीरे-धीरे इस समय को बढ़ा कर 10 सेकंड कर दें।
ज्यादा न करें कीगल एक्सरसाइज
कीगल एक्सरसाइज को खाली जगह पर ही करें जैसे बेडरूम या बाथरूम। एक्सरसाइज के दौरान पेल्विक एरिया की मांसपेशियों को स्क्वीज करें और तीन की गिनती करके उसे रोकें। ध्यान रखें कि इस एक्सरसाइज को ज्यादा करने के लिए अपने आपको न धकेले, उतनी ही करें जितना आप आराम से कर सकते हैं।
कीगल एक्सरसाइज के दौरान सावधानी
कीगल एक्सरसाइज को भरे हुए ब्लैडर या मूत्राशय के दौरान न करें, क्योंकि ऐसा करना आपकी मांसपेशियों को कमजोर कर सकता है और ब्लैडर को अधूरा खाली कर देता है। जिससे आपको यूरीन मार्ग में संक्रमण हो सकता है।
सेक्स लाइफ बेहतर
कीगल एक्सरसाइज करने से आपके यौन अंगों में रक्त के प्रवाह में सुधार होता है। जिससे पेल्विक एरिया की मसल्स मजबूत होती है और आपकी सेक्स जीवन में सुधार होता है। आप अधिक सुखद और आर्गेज्म की प्राप्ति आसानी से कर सकते हैं।
पूर्व स्खलन की समस्या
कीगल एक्सरसाइज से पुरुषों के हिप्स की मांसपेशियां मजबूत होती है। जिससे पुरुष जल्दी डिस्चार्ज होने की समस्या बच सकते हैं। और आप देर तक सेक्स को एंज्वॉय कर सकते हैं।