Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShanthiYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from hypothyroidism and my menstrual cycle is becoming weak every month it gets over in 2 days please help me.
I had sex with my girlfriend. After 1st time sex she used anti pregnancy pill then in the same night we again get intimated and nxt day morning too. She had her last period on 14th March. How many chances are there to get pregnant?
I am 22 years old. I have very irregular periods. This time its been a month periods havnt stopped. Tje fkow is heavy. I took pause mf 16 tablets 8 days but no effect. Ultrasound showed normal along with polycystic ovaries and endometrial thickness 5mm 10 days before. Now my doctor prescribed me with regestrone tablet for 14 days. After one tablet my periods stopped bleeding stopped. Is it good news? Will my next periods be normal regular?
he chemical messengers of your body, hormones, travel to each organ through your bloodstream and regulate vital processes, such as metabolism and reproduction.
The most commonly fluctuating hormones of your body are estrogen, progesterone and testosterone (sex hormones), thyroid (metabolism hormone), adrenaline (energy hormone), cortisol (stress hormone) and melatonin (sleep hormone).
Women experience greater hormonal changes than men. While both boys and girls go through puberty, women experience several additional defining stages throughout their lives – menstruation, pregnancy, postpartum, premenopause and, finally, menopause.
All these greatly change a woman’s body and cause her hormones to fluctuate. Being vital to key processes in the body, hormonal fluctuations significantly affect her overall mental and physical well-being.
Whenever we hear the phrase “hormonal imbalance”, our mind instantly procures an image of a flustered, hyperactive woman. This is a sad state of affairs as it reflects the negativity and insensitivity associated with this condition.
While one should consult a doctor when a hormonal imbalance occurs, the first step toward treatment begins with identifying the issue.
My vagina used to get itching before I got my period anf after my period what happen to this can you pleased help me out.
I have PCOD and have high thyroid and prolactin too. I am taking the prescribed medicines and also doing exercises daily. Should I have a specific diet where I cannot eat all sort of foods? Or I can eat all sorts of foods like spicy ones or junk foods sometimes. What sort of foods should I prefer and what should I avoid in my diet? Please advice me.
I had history of 3 miscarriages age 26. 1st one unknown reason, 2nd rubella, 3rd molar pregnancy. I am conceived my LMP date is 23. Dec. 16. During tests on 24-jan tsh found to be high (hypo. TSH value came as 6.1 (24-jan), 7.42 (31-jan), 2.92 (25-feb), 4.15 (9-mar), 3.98 (5-apr). I am using 25 mcg THYRONORM daily from 26-jan. THIS FLUCTUATIONS ARE OK OR PROBLEMATIC I WANT TO KNOW PLEASE? I took FERTIGYN injection also for around 8 weeks (friday) upto 31-march, and also I am taking natural get sr. Will hcg and estrogen levels show higher tsh values? I am really confused about my child mental abilities related to tsh? VERY confused? Please clarify as my doctor just smiles when I ask these things? Should I increase my thyronorm intake from 25 mcg to higher if yes how much anyway! after consulting my doctor only?
My age is 23 and my stamina is vey low and there is lacking of blood . What should I eat and any tonic which is beneficial for me. Due to lacking of blood my face looks dark and looking unhealthy.
What is the best way to avoid pregnancy if we r having sex in a regular or weekly basis? P always use condoms. But just in case.
My friend wife is planning for iui/ivf. But my friends showed negative signs as he is not willing to sign the paper. His question is; 1. Should the baby born after will look likes his/her mother? 2. Fearing of what will society says if the baby look totally different from parents. please help him.
Genomics refers to the study of genome which is the complete set of dna. The blueprint of an organism and includes all its genes. Nucleotide bases a c g and t in a specific order make up the dna sequence of an organism. Human genomes include both protein coding dna genes and non coding dna. Every piece of genomic information sets the pace for detailed studies of the genome.
The human genome is made up of more than 3 billion genetic letters and hence sequencing the genome is a pre requisite to understanding it. Genes are the building blocks of heredity. They are passed from parent to child. Sometimes there is a nucleotide base change mutation in the gene or genes. This mutation in the gene cause a medical condition called genetic disorder. Few of the disorders are down's syndrome thalassemia sickle cell anaemia cystic fibrosis tay sachs etc,
Precision medicine focuses on understanding individual variability in disease prevention care and treatment and also educating the people by providing public with summaries of genetic conditions and their associated genes
Genomics could help identify genetic traits defects in the embryonic stage thus alerting both the prospective parents and doctors about what preventive measures and precautions need to be taken.
I got menus on 22nd July but it ended on 23rd July evening I was worried am I pregnant because my periods are 1 week late as last lmp was on 15 th june. Please advise.
I am suffering from periods problem its irregular thats y am nt getting pregnant since 5 years plzz help me.
I have done with hydrotubation n Erosion on 2 nd April n my period came on 22 nd April but I forgot to take fertility medicine from 5 th day of period now I'm undergoing follicular studies can I conceive if we try or there is no use of trying? please help?
I am 48 years how to test myself at home whether I am pregnant or not. If yes how to remove and come out of it.
I am 30 years old. My monthly cycle is up down due to age or any other reason. Doctor recommend m2 tone for three months.
A phobia is an irrational and excessive fear of an object or situation, according to the American Psychiatric Association (APA). More often than not, phobia involves a sense of endangerment or a fear of harm. For example, somebody suffering from agoraphobia will dread being trapped in an inescapable place or situation.
Here, we discuss 10 most common phobias that people suffer from:
1. Agoraphobia: It is a phobia which is quite common. Almost 2 percent Americans are victims of agoraphobia. It is a fear of open or crowded spaces. It creates a vicious cycle and the sufferer gets panic attacks when nearing any event that necessitates facing such circumstances.
2. Acrophobia: It is a fear of heights. It is an irrational fear of heights or the fear of falling. Close to 10 percent people in the U.S. suffer from acrophobia. In severe cases, a victim may even suffer panic attacks.
3. Aerophobia: It is the fear of flying. Almost 6.5 percent of the world's population has this fear. This phobia is closely linked with agoraphobia and claustrophobia (fear of small and restricted spaces). In extreme cases, this may affect a person's professional and personal life when air travel becomes inevitable.
4. Mysophobia: It is a fear of germs. This fear is also akin to obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). A person may suffer from both these disorders at the same time. Sufferers often become isolated in mysophobia.
5. Claustrophobia: The fear of small spaces, this phobia is common as 5-7 percent of the world population suffers from claustrophobia. This phobia is related to fear of suffocation or the fear of restriction. Very few sufferers seek treatment in this phobia and majority of them go untreated.
6. Cynophobia: The fear of dogs is called cynophobia. Many people fear dogs and there is no harm in that. But cynophobia is an extreme and uncommon fear about dogs. It is one of the most common animal phobias in the world. It is estimated that about 36 percent of the sufferers seek treatment for cynophobia.
7. Trypophobia: It is the fear of holes. It sounds absurd to be afraid of holes, but for a trypophobe the mere sight of a hole is enough to press the panic button as he becomes quite restless and almost reaches on the verge of a collapse.
8. Astraphobia: The fear of thunder and lightning is called astraphobia. It is true that thunderstorm and lightning can make even the brave run for cover, but for an individual suffering from astraphobia, it is altogether a different case. Starting in childhood, this fear can continue into adulthood.
9. Ophidiophobia: The fear of snakes is known as ophidiophobia. One may think how fearing snakes can be termed as a phobia as almost everyone is scared of snakes. But for people who suffer from this phobia, it becomes impossible to indulge in hiking, camping and related activities.
10. Arachnophobia: The fear of spiders afflicts a lot of people in the society with 30.5 percent of them dwelling in the U.S. alone. This is an extreme fear of spiders and other arachnids like scorpions. This causes a lot of embarrassment to the victims.
A little of fear and phobia is normal. However, when it goes beyond control and begins to affect the daily activities of a person, it becomes a concern. Phobias are mental conditions which qualify for intervention. One should see a psychiatrist if faced with an extreme phobia of any kind. In fact, phobias are mostly related to anxiety disorder in a person.
I took 13 tablets for delaying my period: sysron n 5 mg tablets. I did not get my period. I checked for pregnancy test.
This remarkable water therapy originates from ancient Ayurvedic medicine. In Sanskrit, the name for the practice is Usha Paana Chikitsa, which roughly translates to “early morning water treatment.”
Can Water Wash Away Disease?
It has long been known that drinking water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach purifies the body’s internal system. An especially important result of this treatment is that it cleanses the colon, which makes the body much more able to absorb nutrients from food.
This is achieved through the production of new blood, or haematopaises. This fresh blood has an immense restorative effect in the body and can even cure existing ailments.