Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShanthiYour feedback matters!
I got my periods normal after i pill and i tooked home pregnancy test it shows me ( NEGATIVE) But before test i was suffering from low blood pressure for 3 days and my family physician tooked me for cyline 3 days and some medications also . After tht i tooked home pregnancy test which shows me result ( negative). I just want to confirm tht (NEGATIVE ) Result is from i-pill which prevents my unwanted pregnancy or bucz of cyline nd medications . Plz help me for this wht i do .Do i need to take home pregnancy test again awhat .Or no need to have hpt .Plz help
Kya tablet Polísitol dc (myo-inositol, D-chiro-inositol, L-methyl folate$vitamin d3 combination tablet ovarian cyst ko remove kar sakta hai.
Getting older. Back pain is more common the older you get. You may first have back pain when you are 30 to 40 years old.
Poor physical fitness. Back pain is more common in people who are not fit.
Being overweight. A diet high in calories and fat can make you gain weight. Too much weight can stress the back and cause pain.
Multivitamins & Infertility
Nutrients that can help to support a healthy conception include:
- Antioxidants “ protect cells from damage by free radicals in environmental and other toxins
- Coenzyme (Q10) “ an important antioxidant and ˜energy nutrient within every cell
- Vitamin E “ an antioxidant that may promote circulation to the reproductive system, including to the placenta
- Vitamin C “ an antioxidant important within the ovary itself. As the developing egg needs vitamin C to mature and ovulate, more vitamin C is used up around the time of ovulation
- Mixed carotenoids “ Vitamin A (retinoid) is involved in creating DNA. In small amounts it is essential for healthy foetal development, particularly for the immune system and eyes. However, you should avoid taking too much Vitamin A
- Manganese “ involved in enzyme functions that have antioxidant effects and transfer genetic information
- Zinc “ one of the most important nutrients for a healthy reproductive system. Involved in sexual development, ovulation and the menstrual cycle
- Selenium “ an antioxidant that supports normal conception
- Omega-3 fatty acids “ improving omega-3 fatty acids ensures that a woman’s fat tissue stores retain a reserve of these fatty acids for the developing foetus, a healthy pregnancy and optimally fed newborn
- B-Vitamins “ Vitamin B12, B6 and folate are three B vitamins significant for the reproductive system
Last year I have got a surgery that I have water bubbles. After that my periods are regular. My husband also performed sperm count analysis he has sperm count range from 60-80. I used so many tablets but no use at last this month my doctor recommended me iui treatment but I said no. I want naturally. Please suggest me my weight- 62 my height -5.5.
I am a 49 years female. I never had bp problem. For the last 20 days my bp is increased and it is constantly between 90-100 lower limit and upper limit 127 to 140. I have missed my periods also by 25 days. May be this is the period of menaupuse. Is this trend of bp is dangerous and please let me know if I need any medication?
Hello. I am suffering from mensuration cramp from so many years every month. Its very painful that I have to take pain killer and injections also. I tried lots of dots advise but no result. Its start on first day and last for three days. My pains occurs on left side of my lower belly and its goes upto my whole leg. Even I am not able stand properly. please help me in this problem.
I have my periods early from time and had a lot of pain in stomach and at my back, does it is a symptom of any serious problem?
Hello Dr. M going through white discharge n during menstruation, I get a severe pain. Is it normal. M 16 years old.
My wife had an caesarian procedure on 01.05. 2015. Our baby (daughter) born complete healthy. Dr. Advised my wife to take cerazette 75 daily. My baby is being breastfeed ed by my wife exclusively. Now for the last three days, my baby is vomiting continuously even after taking domostol drop. Child specialist is suggesting, that it may be a side-effect of consuming those contraception pill (cerazette 75m). We do not have any reason to take contraception, as getting pregnant is least of our worries. We are staying separate in these three month for job purpose. So, my question is, can the cerazette tab be harmful to my baby by any means? and if my wife stop that tab on her 15th day, will that be better in any scenario, or it may be harmful to my baby.;
Genophobia or coitophobia is the irrational psychological fear of intercourse. It is a type of a phobia and people suffering from it fill all or most of the criteria of specific phobia according to the ICD (The International Statistical Classification of Diseases). Genophobic people may be terrified of sexual intercourse or all acts involving sex. It is different from erotophobia in the sense erotophobia is the irrational fear of sexuality and not the act in itself.
- The causes of genophobia may be attributed to different experiences and origins according to different psychological perspectives. According to the psychoanalytic perspective, genophobia may be caused by the rigid or extremely religious upbringing, which affected the development of ego, making the individual fear all acts that are sexual because it causes moral anxiety and a severe clash of the superego (ethical portion of one's personality)and i'd (primitive component of one's personality).
- According to the learning perspective, genophobia may develop due to an unpleasant sexual experience such as rape or molestation. Rape Trauma Syndrome leads the survivor to relive the trauma several times and develop apprehension. They may begin to fear sex eventually by relating it to the unpleasant experience, eventually leading to genophobia. It may also be caused if the individual observes sexual acts that are traumatizing in nature, in media or otherwise.
- It may also result from severe performance anxiety, especially for those who lack sexual experience and have abstained from sex for a prolonged period of time. There is also a chance that other phobias, such as the fear of diseases, especially STDs, may lead to a fear of sexual acts. Some people might relate sexual intercourse with acquiring diseases, thus leading to the development of genophobia.
Symptoms: Symptoms of genophobia include the fear of sexual intercourse and all acts within, breathlessness, nausea, dizziness, feeling sick and fear of losing control. All these symptoms take place in the context of sexual acts.
Treatment: Genophobia is treated like all other phobias. Therapeutic technique such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (a conversation centric therapy that focuses on how thoughts and beliefs can affect one's actions) is widely used in the treatment of genophobia along with medications. The therapeutic technique varies from patient to patient. For instance, the therapeutic technique used for a rape survivor would be completely different from that which is used for an individual with a fear of STDs. With proper treatment, genophobia is curable, eventually allowing the individual to have a particularly healthy sex life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.