Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ShanthiYour feedback matters!
I having lump on my left side on my breast its pain alot pls hepl me with a solution what should I do?
Dr. I always suffer with white flow because of that I fell weakness body pain head ache many more things street.
2. Bathing before sunrise reduces mucus related problems (stick yellowish mucus in sinus plexus).
3. Maintain a proper weight.
4. Female between 5' to 5.5' should ideally weigh minimum 55 kgs max 60 kgs.
5. Male between 5' to 510, in 60 kgs max 75 kgs roughly.
6. Intake daily 3-5 litres of water.
7. Freehand exercise for 30 minutes daily in the morning helps to get more oxygen in the blood.
8. Avoid oily food. Take only fruit juice or white sweets.
9. Take nutritious balance diet.
10. Prepare popcorn at home and do breakfast with it. Be healthy and avoid stool related problems.
11. Do pranayam daily.
12. Eat slight less than your normal diet.
My sister got her periods in just 15 days after her last periods. She had a contraceptive medicine once in between these 15 days. Is this early periods because of that or other reason? Anything to worry?
What is balance diet? Step .org planning balance diet? Write down of importance of balance diet? definition of balance diet.
I am 26 I have had aborted three times last time in June, but I have a doubt as may first two pregnancy was aborted by miscarriage so should I take medical checkup.
I ejaculated semen on her vagina simultaneously she ejaculated too. But she took an ipill after 25 hrs of this event. What will happen? Will she be pregnant still?
I had sex with my boyfriend n now i'll get married. Is there any test to check virginity. And is there any complications.
I had 2 miscarriages. My al reports are finenow m planning for my pregnancy again n n very scared is there any tips so that I can hv successful pregnancy this time.
My daughter is 23 days old as I feed him she demands more milk want to know whether I have sufficient breast milk or not n if no please suggest me how I can increase breast milk.
We are planning for a baby by next year, but we both are having hypo thyroid n I get always severe period cramp, so I want to know that any test should I do or any suggestion regarding this?
I had a miscarriage in Oct 2015. Trying since February 2016 again. This cycle I took Siphene 100 mg and was on follicular testing. Ovulation was proper. I also took duphaston twice a day for 14 days. I had developed a dry cough since a week and cough very violently at night. I can feel the pressure in my pelvic region. Could this affect chances of conception and implantation?
Hi Can I take cloud 50 mg for 5 days to get twins pregnancy. I'm from hyderabad me lucky kindly help me.
Sugary foods and drinks can cause tooth decay, especially if you eat them between meals. The longer the sugary food is in contact with the teeth, the more damage it can cause. The sugars found naturally in whole fruit are less likely to cause tooth decay because the sugars are contained within the structure of the fruit. Sugars are also added to a wide range of foods, such as sweets, cakes, biscuits, chocolate, and some fizzy drinks and juice drinks. These are the sugary foods that we should cut down on.
Tips to cut down on sugars
For a healthy, balanced diet, cut down on foods and drinks containing added sugars.
Instead of sugary fizzy drinks and juice drinks, go for water or unsweetened fruit juice
Swap cakes or biscuits for a currant bun, scone or some malt loaf with low-fat spread.
If you take sugar in hot drinks or add sugar to your breakfast cereal, gradually reduce the amount until you can cut it out altogether.
Rather than spreading jam, marmalade, syrup, treacle or honey on your toast, try a low-fat spread, sliced banana or low-fat cream cheese instead.
Check nutrition labels to help you pick the foods with less added sugar, or go for the low-sugar version.
Try halving the sugar you use in your recipes - it works for most things except jam and ice cream.
Choose wholegrain breakfast cereals, but not those coated with sugar or honey.
I am 36 years unmarried girl. I am having depression, stress and lethargy from last 8 yrs. I am taking medicines regularly from last 8 yrs. My problem is that I know I should exercise and take healthy diet. But I do not exercise as I do not feel motivated. I feel lack of energy and no mood for exercise. I eat junk food for taste. I am unable to get rid of junk food. And I do not feel motivated to cook food for myself. My younger brother told me to prepare food for myself as I should make food myself. But I do not feel motivated at all. I do not feel motivated in any way. I have made daily routine for myself but unable to follow. I am unable to change the lifestyle as I want. What should I do?
Our body goes through a myriad of changes that affect our sensual drive and performance, and it is all as part of the natural aging process. Both women and men begin experiencing decreased hormonal production starting as early as age 40.
Oxidation of the blood which plays a major role in healthy blood circulation starts to decrease at a relatively young age, further impairing sensual performance and satisfaction.?The good news is that there are many fresh, raw foods that help to counter the aging process and increase the nutrients vital to enhancing and maintaining a healthy sensual experience.
Start juicing for a healthy and natural enhancement of your sensual experience.EHC brings you juices that contain the highest concentration of sensually stimulating nutrients.
These are rich in potassium, which assists the body in reducing levels of sodium. Sodium increases the retention of water, a component of lowered libido due to its lessening of blood flow in the body. Bananas thus augment libido by combating erectile dysfunction.
These are an abundant source of antioxidants. These are especially important in cleansing your system of free radicals. Blueberries, through their high antioxidant powers, support the body?s ability to increase blood flow and deliver nutrients to muscles.
Like blueberries, cherries are a rich source of antioxidants, assisting the body?s ability to remove harmful ?free radicals? and increase blood flow. This is accomplished by their abundant resource of ?bioflavinoids,? compounds found in plants which trigger the natural production of nutritional enzymes necessary to heart health and the prevention of disease.
Ginger is rich in nutritional value, especially regarding male libido; just a little in your juice two or three times a week is needed to increase the flow of blood. Ginger is a powerful antioxidant, as well as an anti-inflammatory, both assisting in cleansing blood vessels and diminishing the probability of erectile dysfunction.
Watermelon stimulates the flow of blood by increasing the creation of nitrogen monoxide. This fruit is a rich source of the amino acid citrulline, which is converted in the body to nitric oxide.
Because this nut is rich in vitamin E, they are another great food for augmenting nitric oxide in the body, thus increasing blood flow. Add about a 1/4 to 1/3 cup to your juicer 2 or 3 times a week for excellent results.
Abundant in vitamin B compounds, eggs greatly reduce stress in men and women. Sensual power is greatly reduced by stress. In fact, stress is considered by many doctors to be the greatest cause of lowered libido.
Flaxseed oil is another food that increases blood flow as it is a rich source of omega-3 compounds. These act in the body to encourage the creation of nitric oxide, which is critical as an anti-oxidant nourishing the blood and reducing the possibility of erectile dysfunction.
Filled with omega-3 and 6 fatty acids, olive oil added to your juice ? this again encourages increased levels of testosterone in the body.
Few of us realize that whole milk is not only a great source of calcium and vitamin D, it also plays an excellent role in increasing the levels of testosterone in the body. Unpasteurized milk is much better primarily because you get nutrients that are destroyed by the pasteurization process. Local farms are a great source for unpasteurized products.
Avocados help augment drive, stamina, and energy due to their rich amount of folic acid. Use your blender to add avocados to your juice so as not to clog your juicer.
This fruit is a rich source of enzyme compounds, notably ?bromelain? which assist in the body?s digestive health and healing. Coupled with high amounts of vitamin B and potassium, bananas augment the body?s energy and libido.
This vegetable greatly increases female sexual satisfaction. Carrots assist the body?s ability to increase tissue sensation in a woman?s body due to their abundance in vitamin A.
Celery intensifies a woman?s libido due to its concentration of the hormone aldosterone, which helps maintain a healthy balance of water and sodium in the body.
Dark Green Veggies
These added to fresh juice augment the female sex drive due to their rich resource of the mineral zinc.
Pineapples assist the body in creating the hormone vetrogen, produced in large part by the abundant presence of manganese. Women especially require vetrogen for their libido and sexual satisfaction.
Not only does dark chocolate assist in the flow of blood and increased sensation by enlarging blood vessels in the body, it is also an excellent source of phenyl ethylamine. This compound affects the brain both as an ?analgesic? and anti-depressant.It also creates a sense of well-being.
Beets have been used for centuries, by the Romans, to stimulate sexual drive. Hence, even in the present times, people have been known to consume beet powder, supplements and juice to improve their sex life. Beet juice is loaded with nitrates, which are natural plant compounds. It is also believed to kick-start libido in men as well as women, regardless of their age.
Hi doctor my wife 33 weeks pregnant and in her todays scan report mentioned that FHR 150BPM AFI 13 CM EFW 2989 (+-)20% and by clinical report her hb is 10.4 BP IS NORMAL BUT her legs swollen (from ankle to knees) completely n stomach will be hard sometime like stone except that she feels normal and her EDD IS ON JUNE 29 AS PER TODAYS SCAN REPORT. please suggest. WT ABOUT NORMAL FETAL MOVEMENT COUNT AT THIS stage.
I am 28 years old and my girlfriend is 26 now. 2 months back we had unprotected sex 4 days after her period. After that also we had many times but we used condom. We heard that 1 week before and after period we can do unprotected sex. Now she didn't get her period and she checked with pregnancy kit and found positive. Please help us. What we have to do now. We are really upset.
1. Eat fruits as they help you restore energy. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are best suggestible. Avoid watermelon and muskmelons and also goosing on too many mangoes may cause pimples.
2. Have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
3. Eating watery foods like lassi, watermelon, rice, muskmelon creates swelling in the body. So, better opt for foods which are drying in nature like corn, gram flour, chick pea etc.
4. Foods such as brown rice, oats, and barley are the best foods one could have in this monsoon.
5. Body’s immunity can be increased by adding a dash of garlic to the soups, sir fries and curries you intake.
6. Opt for yogurt, curd and almonds in your diet instead of milk. Drink only boiled and purified water to protect yourself from harmful germs and drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated.
7. Consuming bitter vegetables like bitter gourd, and bitter herbs like neem, turmeric powder and methi (fenugreek) seeds help in preventing infections.
8. Consume drying oils like corn oil or light oil and avoid heavy oils like sesame oil, peanut oil and mustard oil as they fall in first place to invite infections.
9. People who face skin allergies during rainy seasons must avoid spicy foods. Spicy foods raise body temperature and stimulate blood circulation and it leads to allergies and skin irritation. Other problems such as boils, change in skin color dullness, rashes are also some skin damaging effects which arise in this season.
10. Avoid naturally sour foods like tamarind, tomatoes and lime in your diet as it promotes water retention.
11. Avoid too much of fish and meat this season and heavy curries and non- vegetarians should go for light meat preparations like stew and soups.
12. Astringent, mildly bitter and pungent foods must be best served this season.
13. Drink lots of herbal teas, especially those with antibacterial properties. These include ginger, pepper, honey, mint and basil leaves. Excessive intake of coffee and tea dehydrates body fluids so they must be better avoided.
14. Vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, cluster beans, ladies finger, kidney beans, pigeon pea, and sprouted grains must be avoided.
15. Eat steamed salads instead of raw vegetables as they contain active bacteria and virus that cause bacterial and viral infections.
16. Have fresh radish juice to fight cold and cough. To reduce mucous formations add pipli and rock salt to warm water. This reduces the natural monsoon ailments.
17. Better eat seasonal fruits as non- seasonal fruits get infested with worms during the monsoons. Pomegranates, lychees, apples, bananas are among the recommended.
18. Avoid eating fried items, pre- cut fruits and juices from road side vendors and stick to high quality and hygiene.
19. People who suffer with arthritis should drink warm water with tulsi and dalchini (cardamom) on an empty stomach in the morning. Doing this improves bowel syndromes and also decreases pains in joints.
20. Always wash vegetables well and keep them clean especially if they are taken raw.