Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShanthiYour feedback matters!
Hamari shadi ko 6 month ho gaye hai or abhi tk hamara koi baby nahi hai hum jab bhi baby try karte hai to har bar reglt nagitive aata hai bar bar ye problem Kyu aa rahi hai.
I am suffering from pcos from 1 year when my test was done. But I had periods normally but not on same date. I am trying to pregnant from 5 years.
Mam I was breast feeding my baby. Now I stopped it. My breast are not like before it is fallen down. How to straighten it again.
In today’s world, we are going back to basics with a conscious effort to eat organically grown and home cooked food for a fit body. This is due to the fact that there has been a revival of many age old wellness movements like Ayurveda. Ayurveda is an ancient medical field that relies on the use of massages, oils and herbs for the resolution of various ailments. As per Ayurveda and other arms of holistic medical fields, green tea is an ingredient that is highly beneficial for the health.
Read on to know more about the health benefits of green tea:
- Antioxidants and Bioactive Compounds: Green tea consists of a number of bioactive compounds that can improve one’s health. These bioactive compounds include polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins which are best known as antioxidants. The formation of free radicals in the body is curbed by these substances which can further prevent aging and other ailments. The EGCG or Epigallocatechin Gallate is one of the most powerful antioxidants that can be found easily in green tea.
- Brain Function: There are also a number of brain boosting minerals and compounds found in green tea. These substances improve the brain function and keep away the signs of aging when it comes to this area. Caffeine is one of the key ingredients in green tea. This ingredient acts as a vital stimulant, which keeps the brain well functioning. Also, it has a positive effect on the neurons and neurotransmitters that are released by the brain. These neurotransmitters include dopamine and norepinephrine. In this way, green tea also reduces the risk of falling prey to conditions like Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s Disease.
- Fat Burning: Green tea is an excellent fat burning supplement that is fast gaining popularity in the weight management market. The various elements of green tea help in boosting the rate of metabolism and increasing the fat burning process. This is due to the fact that it increases the expenditure of energy to a great degree. Green tea is also credited with the mobilisation of various fatty acids that can be found in the fat tissue of the body.
- Cancer: Green tea also reduces the risk of cancer because it has a number of antioxidants. It helps in the prevention of various kinds of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer and even colorectal cancer.
My wife had her mensuration cycle over in wednesday. On thursday afternoon we had sex n I accidentally inserted my sperms into her, she went n peed right away n told that very little blood came out. Late that night we again had sex n I again accidentally inserted my sperms into her. She again went n peed right away telling that the sperm was out. Early morning on sunday she took unwanted 72 empty stomach, (from the 65th hour of first sex ). Its been monday today n so is there any possibility of her getting pregnant.
I am feeling very dull since 3-4 days. 4 days back I have seen some blood in my urine and next day it was fine. But before that I was feeling very much normal. I am also smoking since six years. I read about blood in urine and I got scared. But other than the blood I haven't found any symptoms written in that article. No pain nothing. Please help me with my problem.
She is going through periods problems (like brownish periods and lesser ammount of flow) since 5/6 month and recently in 3 months she has lost 6 kgs of weight. For this problem as per consultation a usg has been done and according to usg she has 14.9mm*16.5 mm sist on left ovary. What is it? what is the best treatment available? what may be the cost of treatment? and what is the risk factor? mam, please guide me I am in deep trouble and tensions. Please
Is missed periods are always a sign of pregnancy even if test is negative. In such a case should we wait or consult doctor and what can be reasons for missed periods.
Hi I got my last period on 23/2/16 which was delayed and we consulted a Dr. and she asked us to maintain relationship from 14th day to 20th on alternate days. Bt we had maintained relationship from 14th day to 27th daybi was expecting pregnancy but it failed and I got my period on 24/3/16. Pls advise why it happened?
1. Regulates blood sugar.
2. Stimulates appetite and improves digestive system.
3. Prevent from any infection if its paste is applied over wound because of presence of vitamin c.
4. Cleans the body by flushing out the toxins, clean out the colon and hasten waste movement.
5. Protects teeth and gum from plaque.
6. Vitamin k in carrot helps in blood clotting.
7. It increases hair growth faster.
8. Protects skin from sun damage, acne, dry skin etc. By removing toxins from body it gives glow to skin.
9. Prevents from devastating diseases like liver failure, cancer, stroke, heart failure, diabetes etc.
10. Rich in calcium so it is beneficial for patients suffering from arthritis, inflammation of joints, calcium deficient patients etc.
You can have carrot in the form of juice, raw eating, sweet dish, cooked as a vegetable, paste for wound, mask for skin etc. So what are you waiting for. Enjoy winter vegetable" carrot" in your diet and be healthy and disease free.
Hi I am 31 years old. I use to get frequent headaches for years and so I did MRI which showed mucosal thickening in the right maxillary sinus. But den I did not show this mri result to doctors. What does it mean and is there nythng to worry?
I am 18 weeks3 days pregnant. I had a scan yesterday. Was told that cervix length is short. But os closed. Moreover my glucose test shows little variations. Crossed border range. Advised to control diet. Give suggestions for a healthy pregnancy.
Im 18 years old n my periods started very early when I was 12 years old. My height is 150 cm n I want increase my height. I did gyming for 1 years to increase my height (no weight training) bt it was ineffective! Are there any chances? If yes what can I do for it?
I have poly cysts in both every. If I cure or overcome from this disease after treatment? I am unmarried.
I had sex on 26/6/16 mrng and I took an ipill by afternoon. My last period was 10/6/16. After taking an ipill is there any bleed to due that pill ?
The pleasure of intercourse can be dampened by the risk of STDs. Intensive stress or the use of preventive measures in order to curb the chances of contracting STDs is being laid of late because of the far-reaching health hazards such infections may involve. STDs or Sexually Transmitted Diseases can even be life threatening and hence prevention is a must. Instances where the diseases have already been contracted should be aided with high- quality medical assistance. An early diagnosis can save your life.
The following are a few ways in which you can keep STDs at bay:
1. Since diagnosis eases out your way through diseases and disorders, an overall health check-up once a year should invariably include an HIV test.
2. It is also important to keenly jot down your personal weaknesses. If you are a drug addict or you’re into some or the other kind of substance abuse, you’re more prone to end up not having safe sex. You alone can keep your consciousness on a leash and defend yourself against STDs.
3. Make sure you always have protected sex. Condoms, either male or female, should be used to steer clear of sexual diseases and infections. There are certain instructions a person needs to adhere to while using condoms. After usage, water should be filled inside this used piece of latex to check for open pores.
4. Personal items such as handkerchiefs, towels and especially undergarments, should never be shared.
5. Intercourse should not be gotten over with to be directly followed by rest or some other activity. You must wash yourself both before and after sex.
6. The Hepatitis B vaccination can also protect you against these maladies.
In order to prevent STDs, infected people should also be aware of these tips:
1. If you are already suffering from a sexually transmitted disease or infection, you should be double careful to use a condom with your sex partner.
2. The sex partner should be taken for HIV tests.
3. The best way is to remain under the guidance of an experienced doctor. If your doctor asks you to abstain from sexual intercourse to enhance the efficacy of prescribed medications, you should blindly go by that rule.