Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shanthi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShanthiYour feedback matters!
I am 4 months pregnant. Is that good to drink green tea during pregnancy and will it be useful for removing under eye and face wrinkles. Which brand green tea is good and natural.
Parkinson's disease is a neurodegenerative condition that affects your brain cells which produce dopamine and thus hampering all kinds of motor functioning and other emotional responses. After the disease is diagnosed, medication and therapy can help to provide relief from the symptoms to a large extent but a permanent cure is not possible.
The disorder does not have a definite set of causes. A small percentage of the cases have been related to hereditary factors and others have a range of environmental causes associated with them.
1. Genetic factors:
Specific gene mutations and gene variations have been proved to cause Parkinson's, such as SNCA, PARK2, PARK7, PINK1 and LRRK2. These make or recycle proteins which are linked to the disease.
Research shows that men are at a 1.75 times greater risk of developing the condition than women are. Also, age plays a role with most cases occurring after the age of 60.
2. Environmental factors:
Regular exposure to inorganic insecticides, pesticides, herbicides and heavy metals or other toxins may cause the disorder. In rare cases, Parkinson's disease occurs in the aftermath of a severe head injury or immune disorders.
The symptoms can be classified into two broad categories-
1. Motor symptoms:
- The hand tremors when in resting position
- The grip loosens
- Walking slows down
- Facial muscles freeze partially
- Speech is slurred
- Balance is disturbed
- Swallowing is painful
- Urination is abnormally frequent
- Dementia-like symptoms are seen
- There is involuntary twitching of the fingers and toes
- Repetition of the same movement in quick succession is nearly impossible
2. Non-motor symptoms:
- Dental problems
- Vision impairment
- Skin disorders
- Panic attacks
- Excessive secretion of saliva
- Extreme weight loss or gain
- Sexual problems
- Loss of sense of smell
- Lowering of the pitch of the voice
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
I am suffering from pcod for last 2 years. And my weight has been abnormally increasing. How much ever I do exercise and dieting my weight nt getting controlled. My weight at present os now 78 kgs and my height is just 5: 2. So pls help how to reduce my weight. At present I am not using any medicines for pcod.
I am 6 months pregnant, I sleep in left side maximum but when I want to turn to right side I forget to get up and turn, Will that make severe problems?
I am having my periods and simultaneously suffering from severe cold. Can I have medicines for cold? If yes, then what?
Hi I'm 18 yes old. Need to loose fat. As I'm suffering from pcod since 4 years . And due to which I'm facing heavy hairfall from last 2 months (male balding pattern). Please suggest diet , home remedies , exercises anything and everything as I'm really worried about it.
Mam mene tablet li thi abortion k liye to 5 days time aaya fir hlka hlka aaya 2 din fir bnd ho gya fir 4 din bnd RHA or uske baad subah aaya fir sham ko bnd ho gya ab kl s bnd h or mene prega news s test Kiya h to negative AA RHA h to koi problem h Kya or esa Kyu hua h.
Women are not only more talkative than men but are also known to speak faster than them. Both men and women have a different speaking rate. On an average, women have been found to speak 250 words per minute. In contrast, men speak only about 125 words per minute.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
With the fast changing scenario and advancement of research, the definition of ailments are also becoming precise. Earlier, one term 'Impotency' was used in wider sense to define all sexology related problems, such as erectile dysfunction, low libido, low sperm count, infertility, and the inability to produce a child in both males and females. However today, with the advancement of research each problem has its own definition. Impotency is the condition where you suffer from a sexual dysfunction. It can cause stress and might undermine your confidence when you and your partner have a sexual encounter. It might also cause uneasiness between the two of you or embarrassment for having a dysfunction. In men, impotency is mostly in the form of erectile dysfunction whereas in women it is the inability to get pregnant. It may be due to a physical condition or an emotional trauma that you might be facing. Here are the two broad divisions of the causes of impotency:
1. Psychological causes: Depression, anxiety or stress might be the major psychological causes for impotency. Also various mental disorders might take a toll on potency and your sexual libido. A sexual dysfunction might just start very suddenly after suffering from any psychological trauma. A very common psychological problem which men face at least once in their lifetime is a condition called performance anxiety. You become extremely conscious about whether you will be able perform well as the society expects men to take an upper hand while having sex. This burdens you and you get anxious about your performance in bed, causing you to suffer from a dysfunction. In cases of a marital dispute or lack of communication with your partner might also be a reason of an occasional dysfunction.
2. Physical causes in women: The physical causes may or may not be curable naturally. Sometimes surgeries are required to cure these causes. Some medicines have certain side effects which can cause a dysfunction to form. Often times not enough blood flows to the reproductive organs which results in impotency. Certain nervous and hormonal disorders also affect your potency. Disorders like Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, blocked fallopian tubes, hormonal imbalances causing irregular periods, or improper egg implantation can cause impotency. In these cases it is extremely difficult for the women to become pregnant, i.e., you will not be able to conceive.
3. Physical causes in men: Having a low sperm count is the most common factor which results in impotency. Hormonal disorder like hypogonadism which results in a low sperm count is also a contributing factor. If you have a blockage in the testicles, it will again affect the sperm count negatively. Improper ejaculation is another common cause of impotency.
Although impotency may be extremely disheartening, you can be treated for it and have your own family eventually.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!