Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shanthi
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShanthiYour feedback matters!
I have frequent throat infection. I had upper respiratory system infection with fever and Doctor prescribed Doxy 1 course of 10 tablets for 5 days. The fever got down in 1 day only. Afer the course was over again after 5 days I had the same problem. The Doctor prescribed Doxy 1 same course of 10 tablets for 5 days and said if you feel better after 5 days repeat the course. Which I did. Now again after 5 days I feel slight irritation in my left tonsil and I worried whether will have throat infection and fever again. I am 66 years and have polycystic kidney with Serum Creatine 3 and Haemoglobin 10.3.Please suggest what could be the reason for this frequent problem. H.H.Seth.
How to cure Nightfall? It happens to me once a week from last one month. What should I do? please suggest any medicine.
My cousin had a sex after that she is not having periods last month she has tested with prega new 3 times it is negative now sometimes she is having burning or itching in her lower area and her date is 21 she is confused in this month is she will have her periods or not please help her?
The unbearable and throbbing pain characteristic of a migraine can throw life off balance, affecting one's physical health beyond imagination. In extreme cases, the migraine pain that usually affects one side of the head (can be both sides as well), along with the associated discomfort (such as vomiting, dizziness, increased sensitivity towards sound or light, nausea) can last for several days, piling on the agony.
Serotonin is an important neurotransmitter that is involved in a host of functions including the regulation of cognitive and behavioral abilities or enhancing the mood of a person. Various research and scientific studies reveal that there is a sharp dip in the serotonin level during migraine attacks. Imbalance in the estrogen level is also found to trigger migraine pains in women. Stress and anxiety have also been found to play a pivotal role in triggering a migraine.
Homeopathy to keep Migraines at bay
Migraine attack is not a small disorder. It is a condition that can affect a person for lifelong, if not managed on time. When we talk about the treatment and management of migraine, homeopathy emerges as the best option. Homeopathy believes that the trigger for migraines varies among individuals. Therefore, the homeopathic approach involves proper evaluation of the affected individual to get to the base of the problem (trigger for migraines). The homeopathic treatment next aims to eliminate the contributing factor(s) through a concoction of lifestyle modifications and homeopathic medicines. In spite of the effectiveness of the homeopathic medicines in treating migraines, one should never go for SELF MEDICATION.
- Not known to many but the choice of foods can play a catalytic role in elevating the incidence of migraine. Salty and processed foods, alcoholic (wine in particular) and caffeinated drinks and beverages, cheese (aged), food additives and preservatives such as MSG and aspartame, missing out on one or more successive meals in a day or maintaining long gaps between the meals are the worst nemeses for migraines.
- Homeopathy emphasizes the importance of a healthy and nutritious diet. Daily intake of dark and green leafy vegetables (spinach, lettuce, beet greens, kale, arugula, to name a few), red meat, beef and beef liver (natural grass fed), eggs, nuts and seeds (walnuts, almonds, cashew nuts, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds), whole grains, fish (salmon, tuna, herring, mackerel, sardines), can work wonders to provide relief from migraines.
- Proper rest and sleep can contribute immensely to relax a person both physically and mentally keeping stress and migraines at bay.
- While exercises and physical activities are healthy, refrain from rigorous or strenuous activities (can worsen a migraine).
Some of the homeopathic medicines for migraines
Belladonna comes as a relief for patients dealing with an excruciating and throbbing pain that originates at the temporal region of the head. The face of such patients appears red and hot and there is an increased sensitivity to light and sound.
For migraine pain affecting the left side of the head that gradually radiates over to the left eye, Spigelia provides fruitful results. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What is mean by sex how it happen at a time of coming out blood at a time of sex please tell me please reply and thanks.
Penis Health and Urinary Incontinence - Are They Connected?
Urinary incontinence is one of those topics that men are often reluctant to discuss, even with their doctors. Most men would like to pretend that the problem could never happen to them, or could never happen until they are old and infirm. But the truth is that even younger men can experience anything from an occasional dribble to ongoing leakage. While practicing proper care is an excellent way to maintain penis health, stopping the leak depends on knowing more about the penis and why incontinence can occur.
What is urinary incontinence?
Urinary incontinence is the involuntary release of urine. It can happen rarely, or it can be a chronic condition, and the causes can vary. While urinary incontinence is associated mainly with young boys and older men, it can occur at any age. The National Association on Continence estimates that up to 15% of men between the ages of 15 and 64 are affected by incontinence.
There are three main types of incontinence:
- Stress. The most common form of incontinence, this comes about when urine leaks while performing any activity (voluntary or involuntary) that puts pressure on the bladder. Examples include urinary leakage when coughing or picking up a heavy object.
- Urge. With urge incontinence, a man knows he needs to urinate but doesn't realize it soon enough to make it to the bathroom. It's often associated with certain diseases and conditions, such as diabetes.
- Overflow. Here the amount of urine is greater than the capacity of the bladder. College students who spend too much time at a kegger may experience this form of incontinence.
Some people also list a fourth type, functional incontinence, which basically means a man knows he wants to urinate but faces physical obstacles that prevent him from reaching the bathroom in time.
There are several causes of urinary incontinence, including:
- Nerve damage. Diabetes, stroke and Parkinson's diseases are among conditions that can cause significant damage to the nerve-muscle communications system. Much less serious nerve damage may result in some simple occasional miscommunications that allow for leakage at inopportune times.
- Weak muscles. Sometimes the Kegel muscles that help control urinary flow aren't strong enough to function properly.
- Prostate issues. Men with prostate problems often have urinary incontinence as a complication.
- Urinary tract infection. A urinary tract infection can cause temporary issues in controlling urine release.
- Alcohol. Imbibing too much is one of the more common causes of occasional incontinence, especially among younger men.
- Stress and tension. Sometimes, being all worked up about difficult issues in a man's life can bring about a bout of urine leakage.
Maintaining good overall health is a great first step in preventing incontinence. Keeping an eye out for "triggers" that make a man need to urinate (such as caffeine or alcohol) is also helpful.
Engaging in regular Kegel exercises is a good idea for overall penis care, not just in terms of urinary distress. Squeezing the Kegel muscles - the ones that control the release of urine - and relaxing them is all that is required. It's best to squeeze, hold for 3-5 seconds, and release. Doing 3 sets (or more) of 5-10 squeezes-and-releases every day is recommended.
In addition to these exercises, men can work to prevent issues like urinary tract infections, which are also common triggers of incontinence, by maintaining good hygiene and regular penis care. Showering on a daily basis, as well as after any intimate contact, is recommended. In addition, emptying the bladder after unprotected sex can help to flush away organisms that may have made their way into the urinary tract.
Using a first rate penis vitamin cream (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) can also help to improve the overall condition of the penis, including its ability to fight off diseases. Some creams may also provide a further benefit if they include an ingredient known as acetyl L carnitine; this substance is neuroprotective and can often help penises that have suffered some peripheral nerve damage. It also doesn't hurt to use a cream with a powerful antioxidant like alpha lipoic acid, which can help avoid premature aging of penile cells, as well as a "wrinkly" penis look.