Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. ShanthiYour feedback matters!
How can I increase my weight? Is it safe for taking medicine like ayurvedic nutrigain? Else if there are any way please suggest me. Also I have digestion problem.
Hey I. M 20 years female and fron. Last two three days my mouth is dry its like there is no. More saliva in my mouthHelp me how to cure this thirst for water is also increased.
Since ages, meditation has been placed on a pedestal for its far reaching benefits. While on one end, it is known to bridge the gap between one's outer and inner self, on the other hand it is believed to be a pathway to enlightenment. Meditation has been scientifically proven to affect one's health positively. For a balanced lifestyle and a sorted outlook in dire circumstances, you must make meditation a part and parcel of your daily life.
The benefits of meditation can be laid down as follows:
- The way you respond to pain can be altered through meditation: Meditation makes you stronger and perhaps, more tolerant to body pains and aches. It empowers you to somewhat control how your brain feels the actions and processes in your body. People who face conditions like fibromyalgia, migraine or osteoarthritis problem can fight against the discomfort for a longer span of time through regular meditation.
- Meditation can improve your cardiovascular health: A healthy heart can make you enjoy more than a couple of advantages. Meditation is known to regulate blood pressure levels; while your heart rate decreases, the amount of blood circulated into your heart increases, thus ridding you of acute stress. A happy heart has more potential to exercise to further maintain its well-being.
- It will shun away your fears: The threat of a fear or a phobia can resist you from delivering to the best of your abilities. Fears are crippling. Meditation dwells on the principle of maintaining equilibrium between one's mind and body. A person is therefore endowed with the ability to deal with his or her personal problems. Meditation enables you to keep your fears on a leash.
- Creativity and determination can be your key features: A person who meditates regularly will have wider access to his or her talents. Meditation is known to hone your softer skills by making you more creative and innovative. It gives you clarity of thought and thus you will find yourself more focused on your goals.
- It makes you relax more and worry less: Meditation soothes the brain neurons. It prevents you from being anxious. Meditation makes you so very engrossed in the moment that fretting over the future will slip your attention altogether. You live a happier life if you meditate regularly.
I am 18 years old. I am suffering from severe stomach upset. Can I know which prescription should I go through?
I have stone in kidney size of 11 mm. Is it possible to erase this by medicine and what is the best food for this problem?
I have been suffering from pimples on my face. What precautions should be taken, what medicines should I use?
I am 24 years old, I have a problem that my body fat is increasing day by day, have any medicine solution?
Hi doctor. Recently I have started going to gym from past 10 days. I am regular to gym irrespective of pain I have during workout. Today when I am doing workout, my master was near me and he saw I was struggling to lift the weight. So he said you don't have much of a muscle strength to lift weight. So he suggested me to consume "Muscle gain" protein powder on a daily basis. My question is. Is it good to consume protein powder? Will their be any side effects? Please give your thoughts and suggestions doctor. Thanks in anticipation!
I am having some black patches on right hand fingers from past one year. I thought it as some sun burns n gonna cure afta a couple of days but it did not so please give me some prescriptions or suggestions.
My mother is a working lady and she has been diagnosed with diabetes lately. However her sugar levels are normal now and she is on medication but her legs pain a lot. She is an active lady and can't avoid work so it becomes very difficult for her to cope with this. Could you please suggest the treatment.
How long does flaysgn and levoflaxin stay in you system I took 2 tablets of flaysgn for 2 days and on the third day I took levoflaxin 750 mg. I could not get proper sleep after that and had an upset stomach its been 2 days since this I wanted to specially know how long will it take to get back to normal and do I need and probiotics fro my gut flora, or should I stick to only home food.
I am having anxiety problem for last few days. I feel like suffocated and sometimes have problem in breathing. Also I feel like blood flow in legs has stopped and a different kind of feeling (anxiety) is developed due to that and which. Please help me with this problem as I am not able to do any work.
I want to reduce my stomach and lose weight. Please advise me pure vegetable diet plan along explaining fat, proteins etc.
I have dark circles under my eyes and the skin in becoming dark and spreading upto cheeks. My nose skin is also having dark patches. Please tell me how to handle. My age is 25 and height 5'7 and weight 51.
Lybrate | Dr. Amol Bhandkar speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
SITTING FOR PROLONGED PERIODS
- Most people sitting for prolonged periods will eventually adopt a poor posture. 'When we sit in a certain position for a few minutes,the muscles that support our low back become tired and relax. Our body sags, and this results in the slouched sitting posture.
- If we maintain a slouched sitting posture for long enough, it will cause overstretching of ligaments. Thus pain will arise when we have been sitting in certain positions for prolonged periods. Once the slouched sitting posture has become a habit and is maintained most of the time, it may also cause distortion of the discs contained in the vertebral joints. Once this occurs, movements as well as positions will produce pain.
- It follows that people with sedentary office jobs easily develop low back problems as they often sit with a rounded back for hours on end. If you are a sedentary worker, you may go through the following stages of gradually increasing back problems unless you take steps to rectify the cause. At first you may only experience some discomfort in the low back while sitting for a prolonged period of time, or on arising from sitting. In this case the pain is caused by overstretching of soft tissues, and it takes a few seconds for these tissues to recover. The pain at this stage is short lived.
- At a later stage you will find that on standing up you have increased pain, and must walk carefully for a short distance before you can straighten up fully. Now it is likely that some distortion has occurred in one of the lumbar discs: prolonged sitting has led to minor distortion of the affected disc, which needs a few minutes to recover.
- Eventually you may reach the stage when you frequently experience acute or agonising pain on standing and are unable to straighten up at all. In this case there is a major distortion in the affected disc, which cannot regain its normal shape quickly enough to allow pain free movement. Whenever a movement is attempted, the disc bulge increases the strain on the already overstretched surrounding tissues. In addition, the disc bulge may pinch the sciatic nerve,which may lead to pain and other symptoms in the leg.