Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShanthaYour feedback matters!
Hey. Me and my wife are planning baby and do unprotected sex with my wife from last 2 or 3 month but she is not got pregnant what is issues? Whenever we sex after the complete of sex the all sperm came out from vagina?
Menstrual disorders are caused by a variety of factors and affect every woman in a different manner. In most cases, it manifests itself in the form of fluctuations in menstrual flow and irregularity in the monthly cycle. Certain disorders are not too severe and can be easily alleviated. Others are more complicated and require the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
As mentioned, there are different specific causes of different kinds of disorders resulting from a range of factors such as hormone levels, functioning of the central nervous system, health of the uterus, etc.
Some of the most common causes of menstrual disorders are as follows:
- Hormonal imbalance: Fluctuating hormone levels in the body have a direct impact on the menstrual cycle. These fluctuations can be caused by dysfunction in the pituitary gland, thyroid gland or adrenal gland. It can also be a result of malfunction in either or both ovaries and the secretion of hormones originating there.
- Anatomic problems: One fourth menstrual disorders are caused by problems of the anatomy. These include various gynecological issues like the presence of uterine fibroids and polyps, reduced uterine contractile strength, adenomyosis (intrusion of uterine tissue into the muscular wall of the uterus), a uterus with an excessively large surface area, and endometrial cancer.
- Clotting irregularities: Abnormality in clotting is a cause of heavy menstrual bleeding in women. It leads to exceeding blood loss from minor cuts and gashes and makes one easily prone to bruising. This may also include medical conditions such as thrombocytopenia (platelet dysfunction) and Von Willebrand disease.
- Medications and supplements: There is a wide range of medications and nutritional or hormonal supplements which often cause menstrual disorders in women and lead to fluctuations in the menstrual cycle. These include medicines such as aspirin, ibuprofen, estrogen pills, Vitamin E supplements etc.
- Miscellaneous factors: These are comparatively rare and require a greater degree of medical attention. It includes conditions such as cervical cancer, ovarian tumors, liver and kidney diseases, uterine infections, extreme psychological stress, obesity, etc. Incidents such as miscarriages and unsuspected pregnancies are also known to cause abnormal menstrual bleeding.
Related Tip: " All You Need To Know About Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder"
I had a sex with girlfriend at that time she took a pill but she miss the period and period is came after 35 days its thick blood and also white, its a sign of pregnancy or not.
My mother age 44. Her report said that" glandular cell abnormality: atypical glandular cells (agc) -not otherwise specified (nos. Is it risky? what problem can be created due to this?
I want to check my fiancee virginity and want to confirm that she is not involved in a physical relationship with someone else before me. How can this be possible?
Me ane my wife use to have sex without condom as we both won't like using it but m fed up of ejaculating outside. Can you please tell me the days when its safe to ejaculate inside her?
Are you aware of the different types of occupation-induced sexual disorders? There are several factors that are a part of any person’s daily life and occupation schedule that give rise to stress and many other physical ailments which are capable of breaking down the body and lead to sexual disorders. Both physical and psychological factors may be responsible for occupation-induced sexual disorders. You should consider undergoing Ayurvedic treatment for such sexual disorders that arise on the account of your occupation or daily work life.
- Quite contrary to allopathic treatments where a single drug can be used for treating disorders in numerous patients, Ayurvedic treatments aim to eradicate the ailment from its root.
- Ayurveda has a solution to a wide range of problems faced by men due to their profession. Such problems include a lowered sex drive, premature ejaculation, infertility, erectile dysfunction, semen infection and many other problems.
- Ayurvedic medicines for sexual disorders may be recommended for treating all kinds of problems and improving libido. These also allow one to have a more pleasurable intercourse. Such medications are made from natural and herbal ingredients and can be used without the fear of any side effects.
Some of the most common sexual disorders caused due to one’s profession are discussed below:
- Mental stress: From a teacher to a banker to a shopkeeper, stress has become a vital part of everyone’s life and it leads to a wide array of sexual disorders like premature ejaculation, low libido and many other health problems which have neurological imbalances in their root. Ayurvedic treatments like massage, herbal remedies and regular exercise are effective remedies.
- Increase in weight: Any profession that requires a person to sit in a place and work relentlessly can lead to different problems like weight gain, lower back pain , ejaculation problems, premature ejaculation and tightness of the foreskin. Undergoing Ayurvedic massage and practising Yoga and meditation are ideal for treatment.
- Excessive physical strain: Sales professionals, mechanics, electricians, workers, drivers and many other people face too much of physical strain on a regular basis. It causes lowered sperm count, blood stained semen, weakness in erection, inability to maintain an erection and many other problems. Vajikarana therapy is a good option for treating these conditions.
- Working near hot instruments and devices: Certain occupations involve being around hot instruments and devices. This is likely to cause low sperm count and libido, along with painful ejaculation. Bus drivers, cooks working around hot stoves and tandoors, and mechanical engineers are prone to such disorders. There are several Ayurvedic herbs that benefit these conditions.
If you are suffering from sexual disorders due to overstress in your occupation, you may try these Ayurvedic remedies and improve your sexual performance. But in case the problem persists, you should consult an expert for guidance.
I want ask about pregnancy. How I pregnant. We tried for pregnant since four month but we don't. please give some advise about pregnancy.
After first time sex h getting a lot of bleeding and pain continually. 5 days has gone but no relief in pain and bleeding please help me sir.
At the time of ejaculating semen outflowing from vaginal cavity. What is the reason behind this problem?
Dysfunction which hampers yours intimacy with your partner is an ailment that has affected over 30 million men in the United States. It is a condition where a man cannot achieve or maintain an erection during an intimate performance and it also leads to reduced sexual drive. It can happen to anybody at any time and fatigue, stress, performance anxiety and relationship problems also cause erectile dysfunction.
You shall have to visit an expert if you have been suffering from these ailments for over two weeks. The standard treatment include implants, surgery and vacuum pumps. But you can also try the natural options like being physically active, losing weight, curbing down alcohol consumption and smoking.
- Walk along: When you wish to boost your sexual performance, you will have to just walk 2 miles a day. This would definitely help those men who are obese to reduce their risk of erectile dysfunction as well as reverse it potentially. Maintaining a trimmed waistline is essential for a healthy sex life. Also, maintaining a proper weight is a great way of preventing erectile dysfunction.
- Involve your nether regions: Pelvic workouts, which are commonly referred to as kegel workouts are used for promoting urinary continence as well as good sexual health. They also help in strengthening the bulbocavernosus muscle that helps your body in three different ways. First of all, it helps the penis to swell with blood at the time of intercourse, pumps while you ejaculate and helps in emptying the urethra after you urinate.
- Take watermelon juice: A slice of chilled watermelon will not just quench your thirst, it will also help your sexual health. An amino acid called citrulline which is present in watermelon is known for improving blood flow to the penis. Plus, it is easier for the stomach to digest and can act to be your natural Viagra.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture has now become a way of treating all kinds of ailments ranging from back pain to depression and erectile dysfunction seems to be no exception. Through this alternate therapy, fine needles would be placed in various regions of the body for relieving stress. This, in turn, would alleviate your erectile dysfunction as well.
- Take L-Arginine substitutes: L-arginine is an amino acid which is naturally present in the body and helps in making nitric oxide that supports erection. Nitric oxide also helps in relaxing of blood vessels and keeps the erection sustained.
These five natural tips would definitely help you combat sexual dysfunction. However, if you see that the problems persist over a few weeks in spite of trying these natural methods, then you shall have to consult an expert.
Problem regarding thoughts about sex. And an unmarried . So. Would like to know how to get away from this thoughts?
Hi, I had unprotected sex. He didn't leave them in but he was a bit doubtful that some liquids have dropped like the pre-cum. My periods were on 26th and we participated on 19th and 21st. What should I do? Should take some pills, if so what to take? Eating papaya would help?
I am 21 years old female I missed my period now it is 20 days late I had negative hot but feeling pregnant what I want to do?
My wife done with HSG TEST past 2 months. After HSG test my wife period is extended to 7 to 10days. This is any problem or not? I unable to calculate ovulation day. Now we are trying to baby. Doctor's please guide me and how to calculate ovulation day's. Thanks in advance.
Here are benefits of Preventive Screening
Hi I’m doctor Asthta Dayal and I’m a consultant gynecologist. And I practice in Gurgaon. I have completed my graduation and post-graduation from Maulana Azad Medical College and I have done my MRCOG from London. I have practiced in hospitals like MediCity and Artemis and now I’m privately practicing in Gurgaon so I would like to discuss about preventive screening. Unfortunately preventive screening is something that is highly ignored by women in India and in fact the only time when a woman visits the gynecologist is when she’s actually pregnant now the kind of diseases that we’re having these days like PCOD, thyroid cancers. It is very important that we detect them at an early stage and treat them and unfortunately they don’t produce any symptoms still at very late stage. So that is why a preventive screening is the need of the hour.
So all women should get an annual preventive health check from a gynecologist. Now what happens in the gynea-check that when you count all the gynecologist, we first take your history in which try illicit factors which will put out a higher-than-usual risk of getting a certain disease like PCOD or cancer if you have a family history and then we go on to an examination which includes a breast examination. You can actually learn the examination from your gynecologist which you should be doing yourself once every month and now. This is important because breast cancer is the most common cancer in women in cities in India and India we have a 50-percent of vitality of breast cancer and main reason for this is because it is detected a very late stage.
So this besides the self-examination we mentioned also go for mammography once every other year, once there is about the age of 40. Besides this we also do an abdominal examination and an internal gynea examination. Now an internal check is something which women really are apprehensive about and that’s the reason they don’t want to visit a gynecologist but believe me it’s not painful. At the most it is a little uncomfortable or a little weird and it does not even take a minute during the internal check. We take you for any infection, sexually transmitted diseases, any cervical polyps and any conditions of the uterus like a fibroid or ovarian cyst and you can also take a pap tests at the same time. Now what is a pap smear? Pap Smear is a test which in which we just take cells from the mouth of the uterus, which is the cervix and we send it for testing. It is a screening test for cervical cancer which actually detects the cancer 15 years before the cancer develops.
Now cervical cancer is the second most important cancer in women in India. In fact, one woman is dying every eight minutes because of cervical cancer in India and this is such a distressing statistic because this cancer is highly preventable and treatable in fact there is a vaccine for cervical cancer. Vaccine which can be given to women in the age group of 19 to 27 and this actually prevents the occurrence of cancer. It is given routinely in US and UK in schools but in India we are highly unaware about it. So it is a good practice to get your routine screening for the PAP smear once every three years and an ultrasound annually to detect problems like PCOD and thyroid and other fibroids and so I would highly recommend that women do get an annual health check. And because the health of the woman and reflect only health the family.
So in case you want to get in touch with me you can do that through the Lybrate through a chat or a call or you would consult me in my clinic in Gurgaon.
My cousin age 25 she is getting married on July 9 so she want her period to get 1 week before so let me know any tablet without side effects urgently.
My gf have Periods uncertain from last two month. The flow is very light and only for 1 or 2 times. So please suggest me what is the exactly problem. Is she pregnant or not.
I hav pcod. Using clomid for 3 cycles my husband reports are fine. My Amh, lh,fsh, levels are fine. Done hsg this month reports are normal, bt I'm not conceiving. What's the problem.
Here are symptoms, effects, and treatments of PCOS.
Hi I am Dr. Tripti Rheja. I am working as consultant, Gynea and obstetrician, Max Hospital Pitampura. This video will provide you information regarding PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a very common condition that affects up to 10-20 percent of women in India. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a condition that affects your periods, your fertility, your hormone levels and also your appearance. It also affects your long term health. Symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome are irregular period or absent period, increase facial hair or body hair there could be loss of body hair from head or there could be acne, oily skin and many come with complain of decreased fertility. They find difficulty in conceiving. It can affect your long term health also and it can cause diabetes in around 10-20 percent of patients later in the life. If diabetes remain untreated then it can lead to damage other internal organs also.
Then in some women it can cause high blood pressure since most of these women are overweight and if hypertension or high blood pressure remains untreated then it can cause heart problems also. Then if you have irregular period and if you bleed less than three times a year then there could be the thickening of the lining of uterus which can later on develop into cancer of uterus in some women. To reduce the risk to long term health you can do certain lifestyle modifications. You should have a healthy diet which should contain lots of fruit, vegetables. You should cut down the intake of salt, sugar, caffeine or alcohol. You should exercise regularly. You should exercise for at least 30 minutes in a day for a minimum of three days a week.
Then in addition to losing weight is going to help you if you have PCOS. If you can lose weight there are several benefits like periods will become more regular. You will find conceiving easier than your appearance will improve, there will be the reduction in acne, reduction in facial hair and then there is a benefit to your long term also. There will be less chance of development of diabetes or high blood pressure or cancer of uterus. In addition to these lifestyle changes there are medicines you can take after consultation with your gynecologist. These medicines can help you reducing the symptoms and consequences of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
If you want to consult me further you can connect me via lybrate. You can do chat or you can do video call or you can book an appointment via lybrate.