Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShanthaYour feedback matters!
I am 40 years old. I am suffering from l 4, l5 disc problem and bulging. May I able to continue my sexual life? I have spondylitis problem also.
We trying for baby and Want to be pregnant but unable to be pregnant. There is some issue of tiny nabothian cyst of size 2 mm. Notes in posterior lip of cervix Please suggest regarding matter.
Lump discovered please help Hi, I have never had a lump in my breast before I'm 24 years old and I'm worried. The lump is on the same side as where I had an abscess removed recently. It's red and inflamed on the outside and tender to touch. Wondering what it could be, thanks x.
Hi I am 7 month pregnant lady and know I am feeling back pain and going white discharge and also little stomach pain is it delivery symptoms and what to do.
I and my gf had sex on september 14 after that in october she got periods and even in november and december. And they happened till 7days or 5days. But in this month which is january she didn't got periods. Is there any chances of pregnancy i am sacred please suggest.
Last week my question is I have try to conceive last two three months last period date 10/11/2016 but this month my period on dtd. 10/2/16 was very light pick colour only two days. Period was stop 12/12/16 pregnancy test is negative but my doctor this test try after ten days. So I try this test today but negative response. My question please reply so I confirm period date is 10/12/16 so I try again this month.
My wife is 3 weeks pregnant.Can i have intercourse with my wife now? is she advisable to travel in car? how should she be cared?
Me and a friend of mine were messing around almost on the 19th or 20th of this month. And we were naked. And my penis was leaking with the pre- ejaculate liquid. But I did not rub my penis on her vagina. It just touched her vagina slightly once or twice. And after having that, she went and washed her vagina. But now from past two or three days she is feeling vomitish, gassy, and a slight headache also I am afraid she might be pregnant What do you think it could be doctor And she got off her period on the 18th. And we did all that on the 19th or 20th of may. It all happened this month only. It's been like 10-12 days since it happened. What do we do? Is she pregnant?
My wife age 30 yrs we have two children one is 8 and other is 6years old Frequently she is suffering with white discharge. Once the doctor advice to take vaginal tablets at that time she was good again after two months the same problem started We didnot go for family planning operation. Please suggest me the treatment Thanks.
Hi, I have been trying to conceive since 3 months and me and my husband we had contact during my ovulation day, now its been 3 days my periods started and I am only spotting which never happened with me earlier. I have taken 2 test during morning and one at night but both came negative.
I am suffering from PCOD. The doctors detected it in 2014 and then I was put on medication. After my medicines finished, I could feel the change. But now again the symptoms have started showing. I am quite over weight too. Can this be a reason? I am worried that this might affect my fertility as well. What should I be doing to get rid of this problem forever.
I had protected sex with double condom but still after that m.having feelings like nausea and uneasy in my stomach that can be acidity just even but not know. .Plz say me what to do. and I wanna keep my family away from this plz.
A Short Resume of CBT-Read & Correct Yourself
- Tension problems - can have somatic, psychological, social dimensions. headaches, bodyaches, abdominal complaints, palpitations, depressions, worry, suspicions, obsessions, fears, sleeplessness, anger etc
- And tension thoughts cause >Feelings and Behaviors.
- Based on assumption or guess that most emotional and behavioral reactions-wrong habits are learned.
- Benefit of remaining calm or at least neutral when faced with difficult situations. (If you are upset by your problems, you now have 2 problems: 1) the problem, and 2) your tension about the problem
- "Rational thoughts." –are Facts and not assumptions
- Most emotional and behavioral reactions are learned.That is bad learning
- What is irrational thinking? It is wrong thinking
- I need love and approval from those around to me.
- I must avoid disapproval from any source.
- To be worthwhile as a person I must achieve success at whatever I do.
- I can not allow myself to make mistakes.
- People should always do the right thing. When they behave badly, unfairly or selfishly, they must be blamed and punished.
- Things must be the way I want them to be.
- My unhappiness is caused by things that are outside my control – so there is nothing I can do to feel any better.
- I must worry about things that could be dangerous, unpleasant or frightening – otherwise they might happen.
- I must avoid life’s difficulties, unpleasantness, and responsibilities. You will try but not always succeed
- Everyone needs to depend on someone stronger than themselves.
- Events in my past are the cause of my problems – and they continue to influence my feelings and behaviours now.
- I should become upset when other people have problems, and feel unhappy when they’re sad.
- I shouldn’t have to feel discomfort and pain.
- Every problem should have an ideal solution.
- Emotional tension resulting from the perception that one’s ‘self’ or personal worth is threatened – and lead to other problems such as avoidance of situations where failure, disapproval, etc. might occur.
- Looking to other people for acceptance; and unassertive behaviour through fear of what others may think.
- Discomfort disturbance:
- Results from demands about others (e.g. ‘People must treat me right’) and about the world (e.g. “The circumstances under which I live must be the way I want”).
- Self-help exercises
- Experiential activities
- Thought Stopping
- Intentional Reframing
The process:A →B → C Understand the
· A = Activating Event of tension.
· B = Beliefs, Thoughts, Attitudes, Assumptions of tension.
· C = Consequences, Feelings, Emotions, Behaviors, Actions of tension.
I have irregular periods. My weight is 65 n height is 5 ft. Sometimes I have blood spots before a week when my periods comes. N I have a lot of pain during periods.
My lover gets regular periods every month but whenever we have sex, she has irregular periods. Why does this problem occur and how to get rid of this?
Hello doctor I have 2 children after 2nd child I have been though tubectami operation. But after 5 years my menses is not regular. This month I didn't get my menses it was on 4th. I am worried about that please suggest me what to do. Thanks in advance.
Sir/mam mere periods 11 may ko aye the. Maine apne bf ke sath 22 may ko sex kiya tha aur uske baad mere peroids 8 june ko aye the. But pehle se bleeding kam huyi thi. Pregenancy test kiya toh negative aya. Bleeding kam hone ka kya karan hai. Es ka matlab preganancy toh nahi hai. Pls help me.
Lemons are known worldwide for the amazing health benefits they offer. Lemons are indeed a perfect source of so many nutrients like riboflavin, thiamin, magnesium, iron, pantothenic acid, potassium, vitamin B6, etc. And, when it’s the combination of lemon and water, it becomes as tasty and refreshing drink as beneficial to one’s health. The practice of drinking lemon water is quite common among people as it is not only rich in nutrients, but also very easy to make. But there can be a possibility that you might be drinking it the wrong way and missing the many health benefits of lemon.
The common practice of drinking lemon water
People choose to drink lemon water regularly to enjoy all its benefits. But often, what they misunderstand is the ideal way in which the lemons need to be used in making the lemon water. And as a result, they miss out on a number of health benefits, offered by lemons.
The majority of people simply slice up the lemons, squeeze out the juice from them and then throw the lemon peels right away. And, it is exactly where the whole way of drinking lemon water gets wrong. Because it is the lemon peels that are mostly the nutrient rich parts of the entire lemon fruit.
The proper way in which lemon water should be drank
The best way to drink lemon water in the right way is by adding the peels to it. You must make sure to buy organic lemons that are fresh and seem juicy enough. Wash them properly and cut them into thick or thin slices, as per the preference of one. Then, squeeze the freshly sliced lemons into either hot or cold water. But be certain not to dispose of the peels.
Rather, one needs to grate the peels of the already squashed lemons into the lemon water, to make it filled with all the nutritional values of lemon and also the right way of having a healthy glass of lemon water.
One can also put the rest of the lemon slices aside in a travel cup or mug and fill it up with cold or boiling water to have another healthy cup of lemon water later.
The benefits of having lemon water the right way
When one includes both the juice of the lemons as well as the grated peels in his or her lemon water, the drink becomes the best source of consuming all the nutrients of the entire fruit. Lemon peels are known to contain 5 or 10 times more the vitamins that lemon juice does. As a result of adding all the parts of the lemon to the lemon water, one can receive a boost in the intake of antioxidants, vitamins C and B, volatile oils, and an increase in the resistance power of the body’s immunity system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.