Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Shanmuk SundaramYour feedback matters!
My wrist is paining. I exercise daily. Sometimes extra bone or muscle I can feel on wrist. Kindly advise.
I am 22 year old. A very hard pain in my back. Give solution for it. And give instruction for treatment. Thank you.
Hi doctor. I m 32years old. Right now my body weight is 103. And could walk properly bcoz of pain in back of angle in both legs. How can I reduce my leg angle pain. Some few days ago I consult to doctor n he give me an injection dcort. Pain is released for few days but now it is same condition. Kindly give me a advise.
I am having problem with my foot. It cracks everywhere and it pains. Its happening from 2 days. Pehle ye problem thi. Bahot dino ke bad apne aap thik ho gayi thi. Ab phir se start ho rahi hai. Ye kyu hota hai?
1am 20 year boy having ache in neck all the time and I don't know why but I am also having problems to sleep I am unable to sleep.
Hi, am 32 years old. I constantly suffer from lower back pain. And at the end of the day, when back from office. I experience severe pain in my bums. Request help to get rid of it.
I am 34 year male. I am facing numbness in my right leg starting from right upper back since 1 and half month. I have no pain in my right leg. I am experiencing extreme upper backache and inflammation especially while lying on bed. Since last week my right foot and even left foot has swollen and toe of right food has turned blue. Since yesterday I have starting feeling pain in my left leg and I am unable to even stand and walk. I have seen a orthopedist who (after test) said that uric acid is on higher side and vitamin D is on lower side. I have also seen another doctor who has said that its veins compression. Please suggest what should I do. I am scared.
i am 40 years old male, I am experiencing acute pain in my right knee with some friction type sound while bending, & mild pain in the right one. the back of my thighs also pain while sitting in office for long hours.
Sir I am 8 weeks pregnant I am having pain in my back and abdomen. Miscarriage also occurred earlier before 8 months.
I am 22 years old, I have backache from pas two weeks, now what can I do, please help me and give me a suggestion for healthy?
I am a old lady, In every morning at the time of wakeup time leg was very painful, soo doctor may advice about that.
3 years ago while playing I fell and got injured at my lower back and after so much treatment still the condition is same and is going worst.
Ayurveda is an ancient healing technique that is very effective for today's lifestyle ailments. For many people, low back ache can be troublesome. While strong pills and capsules may give you temporary relief, they do not address the core issue and have a number of side effects. Ayurveda on the other hand, addresses the trigger and has no side effects.
Intrigued! Take a look at these Ayurvedic techniques to cure low back pain:
- Cut out on spices: We may think it unrelated, but low back pain is often accompanied by indigestion. Spinal cord nerves connect to back muscles and digestive organs. Hence, a small change in your diet can have a great impact on your health. Spicy food aggravates the digestive system and has a drying effect on the body. By cutting back on spices and oil, the digestive system can work better and there will be less stress on the nerves connecting the spinal cord and back muscles and thus result in lesser back aches.
- Warm your body: According to Ayurveda, back pains are caused by an increase in vata dosha or the amount of air and ether elements in the body. Warming the body can help lower these levels. Apply a heat pack to the back as a way of keeping the external body surface warm. Additionally, add warm food to your diet. This opens out any blockages in your digestive system and in turn reduces low back pain.
- Padahastasana: Ayurveda is very closely linked to yoga. Padahastasana is a yoga asana which addresses lower back pain by opening up the digestive channels and allowing the vata dosha to flow easily through the body. To practice this asana, stand with your legs together and lift your arms straight above your head while inhaling. As you exhale, bend forward from the hips while keeping your back and legs straight. Try and touch your toes. Hold the position for as long as possible and come back to the starting position while inhaling.
- Anuloma Viloma: Anuloma Viloma is a breathing exercise that balances the vata dosha. This is a technique that involves breathing from alternate nostrils. To begin, close the right nostril with your thumb and inhale through the left nostril. Close both nostrils and hold your breath for a few seconds. Then, release through the left nostril. Repeat this process, starting from the left nostril.
- Bishop's weed seed tea: Tea made from the seeds of Bishop's weed is can provide instant pain relief from low back pains. This is suitable for men and women of all ages except those with heart problems.
The core principle of Ayurveda is to listen to your body's messages. These techniques will help you become more tuned to your body's needs and keep you free from back aches.