Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShanmugasundarYour feedback matters!
I am 52 yrs male suffering diabetes for more than 19 yrs taking insulin for last 10 yrs (novolet30) in 10 & 8 units morning & evening respectively and also taking tablets. Recently my creatinine goes upto 1.9 pl. Advise me is the kidney is in ok position or I have to take medicines for kidney.
What is diabetes. What is symptoms of diabetes. What causes diabetes. What is normal diabetes level.
Keep your teeth clean.
Don't brush too hard.
Replace tooth brush every 3-4 months
Go to dentist every 6 months for cleaning and examination.
Report any sigh of redness,pus,patches or pain.
My wife is suffering from thyroid problem. Aaj mujhe uski thyroid ki report mili. Pehle uska TSH level increase rhta tha but abhi uska T4 level 4 points se bada hua aaya. She is now pregnant from 3 & half months. Please help me.
I am 38 years old and have hb of 9.2% I am suffering from thyroid for which I take medicines regularly. When I was 12 years I had hb of 5% then after having 5 years of medical treatment doctors couldn't found the reason for anemia I went through all test but after bone marrow doctors told I had deficiency of b12, folate and iron, but why this deficiency occurred they couldn't found out. As my age increased my hb levels were restored when I was 28 my hb was 14% without any medicine now for the past 2 years it was between 10 to 11 % and now I have 9.2% I don't want to take alopathy medicine. You have any idea for homeopathy medicine which can increase my hb level to normalcy kindly help.
You may develop a form of diabetes during pregnancy, which is known as gestational diabetes. The condition usually goes away after childbirth. During pregnancy, hormonal changes within the body may cause the blood sugar level to rise. This condition affects the developing fetus as well, as the baby receives nutrients from your blood. The baby may store the extra sugar as fat and may grow unusually large.
How gestational diabetes affects the baby
Owing to the abnormally large size, the baby may be at risk of facing several complications, if you have gestational diabetes. Your baby may be affected in the following ways:
1. There may be injuries during birth due to the large size.
2. Low blood sugar level and mineral level during birth.
3. Jaundice, which is a condition which turns the skin to yellow.
4. The baby may be born prematurely.
5. Breathing problems which are temporary.
6. The baby will be at a higher risk of obesity later in life.
How gestational diabetes affects the mother
The chances of several pregnancy complications get enhanced due to gestational diabetes. The possible risks are as follows:
1. Chances of undergoing a C-section
2. Chances of miscarriage
4. Pre-term birth
5. After giving birth, the mother has high chances of developing type 2 diabetes.
How to manage gestational diabetes?
You can follow several tips and must undergo lifestyle changes for keeping your diabetes in control. These include the following:
2. Regular physical exercise is essential for the management of sugar levels. You should work out for at least 30 minutes every day.
3. Regular health check-ups are very important, especially for your baby after birth. These may include ultrasounds and nonstress tests.
4. Prescribed medication such as insulin and several others help in the management of blood sugar levels.
5. You must observe your blood sugar level properly. You should take a blood sugar test many times a day.
6. You should always watch your symptoms for any sign of blood sugar during pregnancy.
In case you are diagnosed with gestational diabetes, you must consult a doctor immediately. Managing this condition at an early stage will prevent your baby from being affected in several ways. The condition can be successfully managed and majority of women with gestational diabetes have regular vaginal births and produce healthy babies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.