Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShanmugamYour feedback matters!
I am divorced April 2009 then I am not married yet and I have no sex. Till I am tobbaco chewing, tention. My acidity is high. And gum recetion. And bad breath. I am quit chewing tobacco. And drink lots of water Pls help to stop bad breath. Thank you.
I'm suffering from frequent mouth ulcers. How to reduce there cause. Unable to eat food properly please suggest me a nice solution to this problem. Please give response at earliest.
My child is 5 year old and at the sleeping time he make teeth grinding. We have given almendazole to him as doubts of worms in stomach,but still he do teeth grinding and make sound at night. So pls guide me
Hv been suffering from jaw and ear pain while opening mouth .TMJ. Kindly suggest medications urgently.
Hey, I have a problem like my teeth are yellow and very small. I brush twice in a day. But, there is no improvements in it. Please suggest me something.
I am 16 years old, I have a regular pain in the left side of the inner oropharynx, when ever I try to swallow something down even saliva. What problem it may be?
I am 27 years old female. I had a severe tooth ache week before n had a ketrol for 3 days 2 tablets 3 times. I was aware dat it has side effects but I was out with my baby n was not in a state of medication. So my doc suggested to take dis on urgent basis. But now concern is. I always feel like head ache n chest heavy. Is dis d side effects of ketrol (heard it is strong medicine) n if it is then how to overcome dis. I'm not taking medicine now n my baby is on feeding. During dat period I avoider feed too. Please suggest. Sorry for long description.
Hello, I am 30 years old. I am having sensitivity on all sides of my teeth. Even though iam consious about my teeth and following all traditional tips to get rid of sensitivy. Still no result. I have this problem since 4 years. Please advice
Dental abscess is characterized by pus formation in the teeth or the gums. This infection may occur either in the gums or the tip of the tooth. It usually occurs due to a bacterial infection which may enter the mouth through food, thus causing accumulation of plaque. If the plaque is not removed by following proper dental hygiene, then it may result in abscess.
The various factors that increase your chances of getting affected by dental abscess are a sugar rich diet and poor oral hygiene. You should brush your teeth to prevent symptoms of dental abscess. A diet that has too much sugar may lead to cavities that increases your risk of dental abscess.
Dental abscess may be classified into three types:
- Periodontal abscess: This type of abscess occurs in the bone structures in the teeth
- Gingival abscess: This type of abscess occurs in the gums
- Periapical abscess: Periapical abscess occurs in the soft areas of the tooth
Entry of bacteria through holes in the teeth may result in breaking down of the soft tissue under the enamel. The infection may result in the hole to penetrate the pulp in the teeth. The bacteria thus infects the bone present in the teeth causing Periapical abscess. The bacteria that infects as a result of plaque accumulation may lead dental abscess. This may also lead to formation of gaps in the teeth leading to infection in the inner areas of the teeth.
The symptoms of dental abscess are:
- The teeth may become sensitive to hot and cold temperatures
- Pain during chewing food
- A persistent pain in the jaw that radiates to the ear
- You may experience a swelling in the face and the neck
- Tenderness in the lymph nodes in the neck
- You may experience symptoms of fever
- Presence of foul smelling fluid in your mouth
Oil pulling includes gargling oil around the mouth like a mouthwash. During oil pull you put a tablespoon of oil in your mouth and then rinse it around for 15 to 20 minutes. The advantage of doing this is, it decreases the measure of unsafe bacteria in the mouth. The microscopic organisms in the mouth create a biofilm on the teeth a thin layer that they use to stick to the surface. This is what we call ‘plaque’.
Having some plaque on your teeth is only normal. Yet, when it gets out of hand, it can bring about a wide range of issues, including bad breath, yellow teeth, gum aggravation, gingivitis and cavities. The way oil pulling works is basic. When you are gargling oil around your mouth, the bacteria get stuck in it and break down in the fluid oil.
Here is a step-by-step instruction for the procedure:
- Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of oil in your mouth. Natural sesame oil is generally used in oil pulling. It is also okay to go with natural coconut oil.
- Rinse for around 20 minutes. The oil will get thicker and smooth as it blends with the saliva during this time and it should to be velvety white while releasing. It will be twofold in volume during this time because of the salivation. It can be difficult to gargle for the full 20 minutes, but it is very effective.
- Spit the oil into a dustbin in case you have a septic framework. Do not spit into the sink. The oil may thicken and clog the pipes. Try not to swallow the oil as it is ideally full of bacteria, poisons and discharge that are currently not in the mouth.
- Wash well with warm water. Warm water will clean the mouth better. Rinse a couple times with warm water to get any residual oil out of the mouth. A few sources prescribe washing with warm salt water.
- Brush well. Try to brush with a brushing blend to ensure any bacteria that still remains, is killed.
Some of the most common benefits of oil pulling are as follows:
- Can reduce harmful bacteria in the mouth: Streptococcus mutans is one of the principle bacteria in the mouth and a key player in plaque development and tooth decay.
- Can reduce plaque and gingivitis: Gingivitis is caused by aggravation of the gums and happens when the immune system begins attacking the microbes in the plaque.
- Can reduce bad breath: Bad breath, also called halitosis, is caused by the scent of chemicals and gasses delivered by the bacteria in the mouth.
My baby boy's teeth of front side broken at last six year and not come new teeth yet. What are solution this. Kya teeth neklwane page.
Your friends mean well when they tell you to put aspirin on your sore gums. But don’t listen to this old wives’ tale. Never put aspirin directly on your gums. Yes, it might provide some temporary relief. But aspirin is a highly caustic chemical, and it is irritating to the gum tissue. It could cause a fairly serious acid burn.