Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shanmuga SundharamYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, my father is suffering from migraine and the pain is in only left portion of brain and the pain is horrible can you tell us some home remedies in case medicine is not working or not available?
Sir mere relatives ke brain me benign tumer tha aur aiims ke doctars ne 2014 me surgery ke dwara use hata diya tha but 2016 me vo tumer usi jagah phir ho gaya hai sir batay ye kya hai jabki 2014 me biopsy report negative aayi thi abhi 2 month baad operation hoga sir ye batay ki ye tumer recurrent kyo hua kya benign brain tumer recurrent hote hai.
I am suffering from migraine everyday. I'm a 20 year old female, I'm student and work as a waitress part time. So, I started with a headache on the 18th January this year, took painkillers but didn't touch it.
Hi doctor. I am 24 years old. Sir previous 2 month. I am suffering from weakness & facial lacwa also left hand said. So please tell me. What I do in this problem?
What is magna resonance treatment in epilepsy, how does it work, clinics in Delhi having this facility.
Female age 44 years ct scan report deviation of nasal septum to the left side, is concerned with Migraine all the symptoms she has as per your report. Kindly reply.
My mother is 53 years old women. And still not attained menopause. Also suffers from migraine. Is it normal? as it pains a lot. To do any sort of tests we neither have time nor money. Please help.
Dear doctor, my father's age is 85, for the last 15 days he is suffering with the symptoms parkinson, he right hand and right leg is stiff while he is walking for his nature calls. Apart from that, two months back his prostate operation went well but for the last 3 days during in the night he went for several times passing the urine. It may lead to fluids loss. So consult the urology doctor, he is given natrise tab daily one and zanocin 400mg daily one. Using from yesterday night. Please suggest how to stop the urination during in the night and how to overcome this fluid loss or electrolytes. Please any specialist can give some advice. With regards.
What is binswanger's disease? Somebody I know is having it. Been told that it is not alzheimer. So then what is it? Person looks like having dementia like symptoms. We are at loss. Should we also consult a psychiatrist here?
Hi my cousins brother has epilepsy since last 9 years with medicines. How much time he need to continue with medicine. Is it curable epilepsy completely ?Please tell.
Nerve pain or peripheral neuropathy, as it is medically known, is characterized by pain, numbness and weakness that arise out of nerve damage. This pain is usually restricted to the feet and the hands.
What are the common causes?
Diabetes is the most common cause for this condition. However, other causes, such as injuries, infections and prolonged exposure to certain toxins can also trigger nerve pain.
How can you control nerve pain?
Nerve pain can be managed and taken care of at home taking into consideration the points that have been mentioned below:
- Topical Painkillers: Certain over the counter ointments and creams can help relieve nerve pain. These medications act as local anesthetics; that is they numb the area of the pain. Capsaicin, a derivative of chili peppers, is one of the major ingredients used in these medicines. Others use botanical oils as the major ingredients.
- Painkillers: There are painkillers available OTC which can curb nerve pain. However, painkillers such as ibuprofen, aspirin and acetaminophen do not really work well for severe pain of the nerves.
- Supplements: The lack of Vitamin B12 is considered to be a very important cause, and at times, a catalyst for nerve pain. In a case such as this, Vitamin B12 supplements or injections might be administered. Although more research needs to go into this, but certain supplements, especially gamma-linolenic and alpha-lipoic acid can help soothe nerve pain caused by diabetes.
- Acupuncture: This time honored Chinese approach is a proven alleviator of nerve pain. Acupuncture releases chemicals which numb the pain, or prevent the pain signals from travelling to the brain.
- Physical Therapy and Massages: Physical Therapy can especially heal and strengthen weak muscles that can stem from acute nerve damage and pain. Though more evidence is needed, according to a few sufferers of this condition, massages can be helpful with the tremendously painful muscle spasms that can so often result from nerve pain.
- Relaxation Techniques: In combination with the above mentioned approaches, relaxation techniques can go a long way in relieving debilitating neural pain. Besides being helpful with dealing and reducing a few stress phases of life which can cause nerve pain, these techniques might actually root out the actual pain itself.
- Lifestyle Modifications: This one’s always a winner! Eating a well-balanced diet that guarantees all nutrients in uniform amounts can never go wrong. Regular exercises for about 30-45 minutes can remedy different types of pain; nerve pain being one of them. Try and limit alcohol intake (a peg once a week won’t harm one, but binge drinking can play the ultimate spoilsport and make all health plans go topsy-turvy!). Abstain from smoking or chewing tobacco as this is usually the primary contributor towards any medical condition or disorder.
- Interventional pain therapy: It is newer mode of pain therapy for many neuropathic pain conditions, where regular pain therapies don't work. It is done in operation theater under fleuroscopy guidance as per MRI or other investigation report with clinical examination.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I am suffering from hyper tension diabetes and obesity since last 8 to 10 years treatment going on through allopathic medicine suggest also breathing problem called sleep apnea and also taking medicine of thyroid.
He is 9 years old. Suffering from migraine for last three yrs. Can we give him mig at -a homeopathic medicine. And please recommend dosage.
I am 26 years old. I am suffering from Parkinson's disease for 10 years. I consulted with a neurologist but there is no improvement. I have to face a lot of problem with, day life. Please tell me which exercise I will do or which food I will eat to reduce it. Sir please please help me I will remain thankful to you.
My mother is suffering from neck pain. Sometime she point out numb area at back of her head. What should she do?
Inadequate or poor quality sleep can increase the risk of heart disease in due course of time. Short–term sleep deprivation is linked with high cholesterol, high triglycerides, and high blood pressure
Sleep apnea makes people temporarily stop breathing many times during the night. Up to 83% of people with heart disease also have sleep apnea.
In sleep apnea oxygen levels dip and the brain sends an urgent "Breathe now!" signal. That signal briefly wakes the sleeper and makes him or her gasp for air. That signal also jolts the same stress hormone and nerve pathways that are stimulated when you are angry or frightened. As a result, the heart beats faster and blood pressure rises, along with other things that can threaten heart health such as inflammation and an increase in blood clotting ability.