Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shanmuga Sundaram
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Shanmuga SundaramYour feedback matters!
My wife has pain in all body joints and lose the weight now she is taking treatment from Jaipur from 1 year but when not benefit from the medicines after stop that medicines pain has started again.
im suffering with heavy back pain my job is marketing so i'm travel daily more then 60 km daily I think that's the reason for my back pain please suggests me how to solve my back pain.
I am 55 years female pain in knee walking problem suffering diabetic taking medicine trimglimstar2 morning evening with lipikind f with doctor advise.
I went to sleep specialist for my apnea problem. He prescribed me nutrum tablets and asked me to use them for one month and revert him back. I want to know why did he prescribe the tablet.
I am 29 year old male. I have lower back pain problem from 4-5 year a have done x-ray many times but doctor says that it looks normal they give me medicine some time it gives me relief, after some time it again pain. So please give me advise for it.
If you are thinking that runner’s knee pain can ony happen to runners or sportsmen, then you are wrong. It can happen to anyone who spends time in doing things that involve bending the knees. It can happen due to activities like walking, biking and jumping. It refers to an aching pain around the kneecap. In medical terms, it is also called patellofemoral pain syndrome.
It doesn’t refer to a particular injury. It is an umbrella term to refer to any pain that happens during knee problems. Here are some of the reasons responsible for runner’s kneecap:
- High stress exercises, such as lunges or plyometrics
- Direct hit in the knee.
- If any of the bones are out of their correct position.
- Hypermobile feet and fallen arches or overpronation can cause joint pain as they change the way you walk.
- Weak or unbalanced thigh muscles.
What Are the Symptoms of runner's knee?
- You can feel the pain in front, behind, or around the kneecap
- Pain is felt when you walk, squat, kneel, run, or get up from a chair
- Pain is felt when you walk downstairs
- Swelling around your knee or a grinding feeling inside the joint
It can be diagnosed through physical examination and might require X-rays, MRIs, or CT scans.
What's the treatment for runner's knee?
- In most cases, runner’s knee gets better with time. However, the cause of the pain must be identified and then the treatment is done. Here’s what can be done:
- Give rest to your knees. It is best to avoid activities that cause the pain.
- Apply ice pack on the knees to ease the swelling. Repeat this after every 3 to 4 hours in a day and apply the pack for at least 20 minutes.
- Use an elastic bandage or straps to wrap the knees. It gives extra support to the knees and prevents the pain.
- Elevate the leg on a pillow at the time of lying down.
- Take pain killers like ibuprofen or naproxen.
- Indulge yourself in stretching exercises.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!