Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shunmuga Sundaram K
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Shunmuga Sundaram KYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 22 years old, I losses my sensing of touch on some parts of my left hand from elbow towards arm including my little finger. My skin was peel off in this part. I am suffering from same problem with my both legs since 3 months. What should i do?
Comes regular fits / mirgi attacks after every one or two months. My mother age is about 60 years. This epilepsy problem is 45 years old effects head ache, gas problem loud hichki, kabj,sickness. She is thin weight is about 50 kg. Muh se jhhag niklte he, daant / teeth Kas leti he kayi daant toot gaye he. Dora aane par hosh nhi rahta. Khade se gir jaati he. Fire v water pas me hone par jyada aate he. Khana banate huye kayi baat jal burn huyi he. Bhookh nhi lagti. Ab kayi baar se raat me sote samay Dore fits aate he. One year me 6 ya 7 baar fits aate he. Medha vati v homeopathic medicine ka koi fayda nhi Hoya v allopathic medicine head achhe v chakkar SAR bharipan problem ho jaati he medicine. Please give effective best treatment.
I am suffering from sleeping disorder insomnia. From 4 years I am not able to sleep properly at night will you pls help me I never any consult from any doctor pls give some medicine so that I am able. To sleep at night.
Doctor, My dad is 89 years old. He is taking levipil 500, mg, preva 70, mg, asthemin forte multi vit cap recommend by doctor. He is bedridden. No other ailment. I want him to recover, stand on his own feet. He should be able to walk on his own. He does not sleep during night. He gets irritated if i try to co op. What best medicines can you advice me for him pls?
Hi, my mom has severe burning and prickling sensation on her nerve in left leg (thigh region) we took some test and the nerve doc said its the bone in spine got weak and that's the reason. But even the medicines are not working. Even her cloths are pain ful and burning to her. Pls help and suggest me with right doctor to cure this.
Migraine + sometimes when I woke up from partial sleepy state I do not remember or recollect the place even if I am in my home for approx 1 minute. What could be the root cause and treatment.
The most powerful and amazing organ in our body is the brain. It differs from many other organs of our body not only by its shape, but also by its special type of cell called neurons. When these cells gets affected or dead it can never be reverted or regenerated which is the most exclusive nature found only in brain cells. The cells in other parts of our body has the capacity to regenerate (can be replaced or new one can be grown or produced), but brain cells are exception. Hence any damage to the brain, injury or trauma is really a crucial thing to be considered with utmost care.
Brain surgeries really need skill, proper training, confidence and intelligence to perform this highly complicated and risky surgery.
Brain surgeries are performed to:
- Remove the brain tissues that are grown abnormally
- Aneurysm is clipped to prevent flow of blood cliff off an aneurysm
- Biopsy purpose or to remove the tumour
- Make a nerve free
- Drain the abnormal blood or clot collection or to drain any excessive fluid collection caused by infection.
- To implant artificial electronic device as a treatment for conditions like Parkinson’s disease
- Biopsy: A part of brain tissue is removed for the brain or whole tumour is removed.
- Craniotomy: The skull bone is opened to remove tumour, an aneurysm and drain fluid or blood from infection.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: Endoscopic devices are inserted through the nose to remove the lesions or tumour.
- Minimally invasive neuroendoscopy: Similar to endonasal surgery but small incision is made.
- Anaesthesia risks like breathing difficulty, allergic reaction to medications, excessive bleeding or clots and infection.
- Risk related to the brain surgeries are seizures, coma, swelling of brain, infection to brain or meanings, surgical wound infection that intrudes to the brain structures, abnormal clot formation and bleeding.
- General risks include muscle weakness, disturbances in memory, speech, vision, coordination, balance and other functions that are controlled by the brain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.