Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Shanmuga AshokYour feedback matters!
I have a sore throat for last two months with slight pain occasionally. Though cough is not there I have to clear my throat frequently and some times mucus too comes out. What shall I do Doctor. Regards
I have like something inside my throat. When I lying down its difficult to burp. But when I stand I can do it so. Also I get a small pain when I burp sometimes. I think the food is stuck in my throat. Or like that! What should I DO?
Sir I have problem in throat for three years. The pain is under tongue and it reaches to the mind in right side. I have consulted to doctor many times. They say the problem is is in tonsils. So please suggest me sir how to overcome it.
I have pupl polyp maybe. Is there any treatment for it? Can it be due to bacterial infection or hiv? I had oral sex 8 months ago. I got tested for stds and hiv regularly till 6 months. All came negative. Why do I have this then?
Hello sir. I am suffering from sinusitis since childhood. I can't even breathe properly. Due to the blocking of my nasal cavity. In winter it I too high. Please specify the best treatment for this problem. I am still 19. I don't want to undergo any surgery. Even my nose is swollen because of that.
I am seventeen years old, I am suffering from a little bit of sinus every day at a particular time. I used to avoid the cool products from last month. Even though I can't get relief from it. What should I do for this?
Whenever we get cold and throat problems should we at once take antibiotics or should we take natural things at priority first and antibiotics at last and should we try our best to get out of cold and infections the natural way only.
He is facing constant dizziness while sitting or walking he is having back pain doctors are saying may be its osteoporosis but his age is too less.
There is too much bleeding in my nose. It is happened at last two weeks. I don't no that what I do. Give me some advice for stop the bleeding.
Hello sir yesturday I had an small black patch on my tongue (right side. It is not painful but it black and nothing else. Please advice sir as I am scared.
Hi I m 27 year old since last two weeks I have problem in my right ear and I have throat infection also. And doctor advice me amoxicillin capsules and no progress after 3 days.
Sir I am suffering from nose inhaling problem since last 10 years one operation has been done but no results please give me an solution.
Hi From last 3 months throat infection and also gas trouble. Have any gas effect on throat. Please support me.
My friend is having bleeding from the nose and ears from few days. What is the reason for this? Is it dangerous? Please I need your help. Please tell me some home treatment for this.
What are precaurions should be taken for sinusitis. Is it safe to take any pain killer or should I consult doctor for it. If I take medicines what may b the side effects of them.
I face very severe allergic symptoms whenever there is change in season which affect my sinuses, stomach, joints and my mind also. I am taking anti-allergic allegra M as told by the doctor daily for a long time now but the symptoms are still there and are very unpredictable. I have genetically acquired this allergic tendency as told to me by my doctor. My grandmother has a similar problem and it never got cured. Is there a possible cure to this problem? Please help me as it is affecting my normal life.
I'm having repeated spells of dizziness from the last 1 month. Also sometimes I feel my heartbeat becomes very fast or very slow without any external reason? Are these both related? What might be the cause? I am an asthma patient and use steroid medication.
Hi madam or sir. Am sumalatha actually one of my friend suffering from polyps in nose. Little bit breathing problem. Actually she was planning for pregnancy. But any problem polyps in pregnancy time. It's OK for planning for pregnancy. After surgery they plan for pregnancy. Pls tell me.
A stuffed up nose and pressure on our cheekbones can often mean you have acute sinusitis. Acute sinusitis, also called acute rhinosinusitis, is a short-term infection or inflammation of the membranes that line your sinuses. It prevents mucus from draining from your nose.
What Causes Acute Sinusitis?
Illnesses and conditions that can cause acute sinusitis include:
- bacterial upper respiratory tract infections
- fungal sinus infections
- allergies that cause mucus production in the sinuses
- lack of cilia motility, caused by disease (cilia are the small hairs located in your sinuses that move to push mucus out of your sinuses)
- nasal polyps or tumors
- deviated nasal septum
- enlarged or infected adenoids
- infected tooth (in rare cases bacteria can spread from the infected tooth to the sinuses)
- cystic fibrosis (a disease that causes thick, sticky mucus to build up in the body)
Symptoms of acute sinusitis include:
- nasal congestion
- thick, yellow, or green mucus discharge from the nose
- sore throat
- a cough (usually worse at night)
- drainage of mucus in the back of your throat
- pain, pressure, or tenderness behind your eyes, nose, cheeks, or forehead
- bad breath
- reduced sense of smell
- reduced sense of taste
However, sometimes, especially if you suffer from chronic sinusitis,medical intervention is required.
- Saline Nasal Spray: This is a spray you put into your nose several times a day to clean your nasal passages.
- Nasal Corticosteroids: There are many types of nasal corticosteroids. They include fluticasone, budesonide, mometasone, beclomethsone. These nasal sprays not only help to treat inflammation, they help prevent to prevent inflammation as well.
- Aspirin: This is a type of OTC pain relievers and they help relieve the pain of acute sinusitis. Acetaminophen and ibuprofen are two other OTC pain relievers which can be used instead of aspirin.
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics are usually not required and should never be taken without the doctor's prescription. However, sometimes the doctor may recommend it if he thinks there is a bacterial infection or if the symptoms progress rapidly.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy is given when allergies are the reason you are having acute sinusitis. It is rarely needed, however.
- Surgery: For sinusitis symptoms which are chronic or occur frequently, nasal surgery may be the best option for permanent relief. A number of different surgical procedures can be used to treat acute sinusitis such as balloon sinuplasty, endoscopic sinus surgery etc.