Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shanmuga Ashok
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Shanmuga AshokYour feedback matters!
I am 65 year old. I am suffering from sinus last ten years.I had taken many medicine, no cure what kind of medicine ,i would have taken.
Although nose bleeding is quite common during the cold months, they can occur in the summer months too. This is because, during the summer heat, your nose may tend to get excessively dry. The protective layer of mucus in the nasal cavity tends to dry up during the summer months, thus resulting in nose bleeding. The hot summers can also lead to allergies, which in result can cause it.
Although nose bleeding may be quite messy, it is nothing very serious and can be easily prevented or stopped. Here are a few home remedies that you can try if you are prone to nose bleeding during the summer season:
- Vinegar: Vinegar is easily available in any household and effectively stops nose bleeding. Just pour in some vinegar in a cotton ball or a piece of cloth and put it into your nose for some time.
- Ice: Ice also effectively helps with controlling nose bleeding. Just rub ice against your nose to reduce swelling in the blood vessels. The ice will also effectively numb the pain offering instant relief.
- Foods containing vitamin C: Ensure that during the summer months you take the right amount of Vitamin C into your diet. This is because Vitamin C helps in blood clotting, and will stop nose bleeding faster. Foods that are rich in vitamin C are guavas, kale, mustard, parsley, oranges, strawberries and lemons.
- Baking soda: Baking soda works wonders for nose bleeding. Just mix some amount of baking soda into water, and transfer the solution into a spray bottle. Spray your nose with the solution.
- Steam: Inhaling steam is a great way to prevent nose bleeding. When you take steam, it moistens the nasal cavity and prevents it from becoming dry, thus avoiding any bleeding.
- Right posture: Another way to quickly stop a nose bleeding is to elevate your head. Keep your head in that position until the bleeding stops and try not to bend, as it can just aggravate bleeding.
- Whole-wheat bread: Make whole-wheat bread as part of your daily diet during summer. It is said to contain Zinc, which protects the blood vessels in the body.
- Drink water: ?Also ensure that you keep yourself hydrated at all times during the hot summer months. Drink plenty of liquids like fruit juice and milkshake, to prevent your nose from drying out.
Treat Earaches the Natural Way
Earaches can cause great discomfort. Most of them occur due to infection in the ear. As a result fluid may collect in the middle ear that causes pain. Some other reasons may be physical damage to the inner structure of the ear, buildup of wax in the ear, blockage of nasal passage or may be common cold. Sometimes these may call for medical intervention.
However, simple earaches can be treated with the help of these easy natural home remedies:
Garlic has antibiotic and analgesic properties that help to relieve earaches.
- Crush a small piece of garlic and heat with 2 teaspoon of sesame oil. Filter and cool it.
- Put 2-3 drops in the infected ear.
Ginger too like garlic has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Take 1 teaspoon of ginger juice and mix it with 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Put 2-3 drops in the hurting ear to get relief
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
A potent substance, apple cider vinegar works well for all types of health problems including earaches
- Put 2-3 drops in the infected ear
- Repeat again after 12 hours to get relief
4. Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree oil with its anti-bacterial features is also effective remedy for earaches.
- Add a few drops to a tablespoon of olive oil and warm them
- Take 2-3 drops of this oil and put it into the infected ear for relief
5. Juice from Mango Leaves
Mango leaves too have an antibiotic action and can relieve earache.
- Extract juice by crushing 3-4 fresh mango leaves
- Slightly warm up this extract
- Put 2-3 drops in the ear that hurts
6. Drink Herbal Tea
Herbal Tea made from Chamomile or Holy Basil provides warmth and can help to get rid of infections. With relaxing and healing properties, these herbal teas can be used to get relief from earaches.
7. Rubs for Earache
- Mix 10 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil along with 10 drops of Lavender Essential oil in ¼ cup of Olive oil.
- Rub few drops from this oil around the ears to get relief from inflammation and infection of the ears.
- You can also rub Lemon Balm instead of essential oils to ease pain in the ears.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.