Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Shankra LingamYour feedback matters!
I have back pain in last 2 months. I will get medicine's but its don't reduced my pain. Sir please say what shell I do.
Hello sir i'm 21 year old boy and in my right leg pain since last 20 to 30 days I used many pain relief but no improvement still. I didn't visit to hospital yet so please give me a better advice. Thanks.
Sir I have severe neck and shoulders pain (left) pain till 1 month. I consult orthopaedic doctor he suggested me the medicine Aceclofenac, calcium tablets. I have take it but there was no improvement till now. What can I do please suggest me.
I am 44 years I am suffering with Psoriasis last 10 years , recently started piles , snoring , knee pains , neck pains . I am working in marketing filed and my weight 94 kilos. I request you please suggest treatment for my problems .
Sir When i go for stool passing I am feeling un tolerable pain in the muscles of my both the heels since last 10 days. Kindly suggest. My Age is 41 years, weight 65 kgs, height 5' 6" I do not suffer from any ailment.
Hello Sir I'm suffering from cervical spondylitis for two years and I have consulted a neurosurgeon and orthopaedic surgeon one time both. But Problem as it is and no response in pain .So please suggest me suitable treatment for pain in neck along with shoulder and I do exercise daily but pain is still now continuously. So Please help me Doctor.
I am 24 years old women I can not walk speedy or going upstairs. If I do I feel pain in my legs. Why this is happening?
I have lot of problems in stomach. Ie. Gas problem with pain on left side abdomen, weight keep increasing, due to gas problem stomach look like pot belly, motion is not proper, that too gas only. If I press my stomach its paining. Headache, back pain, Joint pains, neck pains etc are there. Please give valuable advice which should cure my problem since its been for years.
I am a software engineer aged 22 years. recently I have some back pain, but there is no unusual on my works. Give me a solution.
Is it ok to have 20-30 % of swelling on the nose tip including upper lip after open rhinoplasty done 7 weeks ago?
Sir, I have knee pain from past 6 years. 6 years back I met an accident. Now it is paining very much suggest me a doctor.
Knee pain commonly affects women over 50 years of age and could be because of any type of arthritis or Knee injury. Some of it comes with age but knowing how to protect your knees can make a big difference in the quality of life.
1) Knee problems can happen to anyone and one needs to respect any pain which arises in the knee especially after a fall or injury. The knee joint is vulnerable to injury and arthritis develops faster if the ligaments or the meniscus has been torn. Acknowledge the pain and seek help early before the damage sets in.
2) Avoid being overweight: Every extra kilo of body weight exerts five kilos worth of stress on our knees. This increases the daily wear and tear of the joint and sets in arthritis early. Reducing even couple of kilos off would be very kind on the knees. If you are overweight one must choose exercises that are gentle on the knees like stationary bike instead of an inclined treadmill, walking instead of running or jogging etc.
3) Follow rehab and enough rest after a knee injury: If you have had a knee injury, the rehabilitation may take many weeks. During this time, it is important to follow the instructions of your doctor and avoid all activities which cause knee pain. Otherwise, the pain may get chronic and worse with slight provocation. Many young athletic people return to their earlier routine of hectic gymming as soon as the pain subsides, but this can weaken the knee in the long run. One must allow proper healing at the knee joint which can be many weeks after the pain has gone.
4) Don't overdo it: Over straining or sudden increase in exercise can lead to knee problems. Endurance needs to be built slowly over a period of time and one must allow the ligaments to get used to the extra strain. If your knee is already hurting, avoid jerky and jumpy movements.
5) Good Shoes and supportive footwear help your knee by absorbing the extra strain. In general, platform heels are better than pencil heels and moderate heals are better than a six inch or a totally flat shoe. Investing in a good pair of shoes may eventually save you money by saving a knee replacement later on.