Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Shankra LingamYour feedback matters!
Hey m 30 year old I want to join the gym what are the condition for joining the gym I have back pain also?
I want to know about ligaments. I fall down while jump I think my knee ligaments broken I can not walk properly and in xray there no such type of problem. So what should I do.
I have lower back pain from 1 week. I have taken pain killers which gives relief for some time but the problem still there. Please suggest remedy measures.
I have got an injury yesterday but didn't feel pain at that time but now my back have a worst pain what to do?
I have more water content in my body and I couldn't able to tolerate the heel pain and what are all the tips to cure this one.
Respected sir my aunt is suffering with paralysis and leg pains and feet swelling what is the solution for this problem.
I am 48 year old man I am suffering from back pain specially ribcage area about 2 year .how to get rid this. Suggest me some medicine and therapy.
I'm a student studying civil engineering. When I give pressure on my knees it pains a lot please help!
I am taken MRI Scan for Knee pain - in scan report showing as: contusion with possible partial thickness team, can you confirm treatment for the same.
I Have pain in legs below part of knee for many days what should I do? Its start when I play cricket now I am not feeling relax. Please help me.
I am 16 years female from past few days I started getting swelling in my fingers my feet and even in my hands and legs only a few part is getting swelled as if some insect bit me but actually there is nothing like that and it is painful.
Sir, their is a continuous cracking sound coming out from my right elbow while moving it in a particular way. But it is absolutely pain free. I would like to ask you what must be the causes of these sounds. And the sound is like rhymed tic collision between bones or tendon.
My back aches a lot even though m going to gym regularly frm last 10 days. Back in the sense just upper part of hips on both sides they pain alot. And I hv pain in my right thigh. Any solutions I have consulted many docs but they are just like go on jogging evryday. and i am doing that but no result.
Your neck is made of vertebrae that stretch out from the skull to the upper body. Cervical discs that lie between the bones absorb shocks. The bones, tendons, and muscles of your neck support your head and allow movement. Any injuries, swelling or damage can bring about neck pain or even stiffness.
Many individuals experience stiffness or neck pain once in a while. Usually, this occurs due to poor posture. At times, neck pain is brought on by injury from a fall, playing sports or whiplash. More often than not, neck pain is a normal condition and can be healed within a couple of days. Now and again, neck pain can show serious injury or damage and require a specialist's consideration. In case you have neck pain that lasts persistently for over a week, is serious, or is joined by different side effects, look for medicinal attention quickly.
Regardless of the possibility that you require medical treatment, for example, prescribed medicines for your neck pain, the following treatment measures will speed your recovery:
- While an ice compress is good for acute pain, heat therapy is recommended for more chronic pain. Use a warming cushion on a low or medium setting for 15 to 20 minutes every 2 or 3 hours. Take a warm shower instead of one of the sessions. You can purchase single-use heat wraps that last up to 8 hours. Use an ice pack for 10 to 15 minutes every 2 to 3 hours.
- Get back to your typical day-by-day exercises when you can. Movement helps your muscles stay solid. Stay away from tiring exercises like lifting and sports that can increase the pain and cause stiffness. Do stretching and neck strengthening activities to keep your neck flexible, strong and prevent stiffness. Stay away from or change any exercises that might bring about your neck pain, for example, sitting in front of your computers or television sets for a long time or doing an excess of overhead work at once. Delicately back rub or rub the region to alleviate pain and energize your blood stream. Try not to rub the damaged area in case it causes pain. Nonprescription creams or gels, may give pain relief.
- It can also be treated with the help of pain relievers
- ??Acetaminophen, (for example, Tylenol) can soothe the pain.
- Nonsteroidal calming medicines, ibuprofen, (for example, Advil) and naproxen, (for example, Aleve), can ease pain and reduce swelling.
- Practice good and healthy habits to improve your lifestyle.
- Attempt to decrease anxiety and pressure at work and home.
- Practice exercises that offer relaxation.
- Get gentle back rubs in intervals.
- Quit smoking. Smoking lowers down healing because it diminishes blood supply and delays tissue repair.
- Exercise regularly, including aerobics and walking.
- Practice a good posture.