Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShankaranYour feedback matters!
Hi, My daughter is 1 month old If breast milk is not possible can we give cow's milk to new born 1 month old baby? If not please suggest.
My son 1.10 years old. Till date, he is not speaking. I had consult with doctors before 6 months, they says, he speaks after some time. But till date, he is not speak speaking. I can't understand. What I do.
Insulin is the most common treatment prescribed for people affected with diabetes. Diabetes is condition where high amounts of glucose prevail in the blood for an extended period of time. However, there are some drugs that offer an alternative to insulin in treating diabetes, which are:
- Liraglutide: Liraglutide is a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) drug that causes the body to release greater amounts of insulin so as to facilitate the movement of glucose from the blood to the cells. People with type 2 diabetes generally use this treatment. It slows the digestion process and can cause symptoms of headache and nausea.
- Pramlintide: It's an artificially produced version of amylin. It is taken by both type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients, facilitates slower digestion of food and therefore, controls release of sugar in the blood. It can cause tiredness and nausea.
- Dulaglutide:This treatment is for people affected with type 2 diabetes and it is administered once a week. It causes more insulin to be released and pass the glucose to the cells. It can cause loss of appetite, nausea and abdominal cramps as side effects.
- Albiglutide: This treatment facilitates pancreas to release insulin and limits the glucagon hormone production. It is used by type 2 diabetes patients who have not taken well to other treatments. The side effects are skin reaction, respiratory tract infection and nausea.
- Exenatide: It is a drug that causes pancreas to release insulin that facilitates movement of glucose to cells. It is a treatment for type 2 diabetes and it restricts release of glucagon in the body. The possible side effects are acidity, constipation and vomiting.
Related Tip: "Living Well with Type 2 Diabetes"
Snoring and hence not able to sleep continuously even for an hour. The body weight is high and hence no peace of mind, not able to have focus on any work. Being a widower and a father of 5 years old, there is absolute lack of peace.
Dear sir/madam. This is my sad story my 2 baby story .last 3 years back we have girl baby. Baby fine for 3 month but suddenly baby got hurting. We go to Doctor clinic. He told me treating but not to get baby fine. Then we go to clinic ,doctor told me go to big hospital ,then we go to hospital baby starting to cry always ahh ahh ahh ahh lyk this. Doctors taking ICU but 3 days giving treatment they told me. Urine infection .baby not cure 4th day baby dead. Doctor not telling what is that problem. Then now 8 month back born boy baby. That baby also fine but 3 month after happening same problem baby starting cough we going to clinic there is giving tonics and some treatment ,also nebloising and baby starting wheezing sound in throat. Then it's not getting control then we going to same hospital there admitting .first day giving oxygen it's cure in 2 day in ICU .then shifting ward 8 hours after suddenly night. Starting vomiting then going to ICU after 4 days baby dead we are suffering a lot, I can't understand please tell me what is this I am very sad. Doctor can't understand what is the problem .they can't find please told me please give me suggestions. We are doing all test all OK fine, please tell me.
My 6 months old baby unhappy always and irritated all the time what should I do shall I go for child counselling shown to 6 pediatrician in my city all says he is perfectly normal but doesn't want to lay down want to be held always worried very muc doesn't show interest in toys too plzz help.
My daughter is three years old. She is not eating food properly. Please provide some suggestion. Thanks.
My 3 year old sis is sick with a temperature of 100 Degrees she can not keep anything down including Liquids. What should I do?
Hi my daughter is 6 plus and last month she was discharged from the hospital after antibactrial treatment was given to her since she was having cough and high fever and her wbc count gone very high so doctor kept her in the hosptial and discharged her after 5 days. Though I noticed a mild cough had never gone and when i asked doctor he said its mild and will go away. But now after a month her fever has come back with mild cough you can say she coughs 6 to 7 times in a day, but in the night she sleeps comfortablly without any cough. Pl. Suggest what is this, I am very tensed now.
My baby is 6 months old. Her weight is 5 now:-(breast fed till 3 months. Now she is poor in eating. Not drinking milk (nan pro 2), cerelac, apple juice. She is not opening mouth for anything. Much worried. Could you please tell anything to feed her tat boosts her weight and energy. She is 6 months but look like 3 month kid. Please help. Please tel me how to make her eat and what foods or best for babies.
Hi my baby girl is 1 week old, her weight is 2.5kg I know it's normal but I want to increase her weight please advice some medicines.
My baby son is 7 months old. From last 3 months we observing one of his testicles are enlarging than other. I consulted with a pediatrician and the Dr. Told that it may'harnia' n may operate when he will grow up. But I would like to know how can it be curable without operate?
My 4 month baby suffer from cough. I consult with the doctor she prescribed levolin syrup and tusq. But no relief both them please any other medicines.
My baby is 25 days old and every time she passes gas or even otherwise little poops comes out. Her normal poops are abut 3 to 4 times per day but this small ones means I am changing her nappy in every five minutes. Please advise is this normal or not.
Are you aware of the number of people who suffer because of pneumonia? As the weather becomes cold and damp, chances of getting affected by pneumonia increases. Pneumonia can originate from virus, bacteria and a host of other factors. It is one of the most common ailment which affects the adults, all over the world. Hence, it is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunised against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia.