Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShankaranYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 2 month old nd she is pre term baby 32 weeks. She is born on 31 march 2016 then her weight was 1400 kg but now she is 4 kg. Is this gud weight.
Hello Doctors, We have been blessed boy baby on 10-04-2016 with 1.96 kg as a Late Pre Term (34 Weeks 6 Days) and now he is having the weight of around 2.5 Kg and we are giving his feeding as DBF 30ml of PRE-NAN every 2 hours by SPOON Feeding. My question here is like, in SPOON feeding some quantity will get waste and also we have doubt like that 30ml is sufficient or not so we are planning to give him with BOTTLE FEEDING, so here I need your suggestion like can we go with BOTTLE FEEDING or not and also can we increase the quantity of milk? Because in universe many controversy with bottle feeding so we need your valuable opinion on this. And also I request your valuable suggestion to continue with FEEDING and other things with the baby. Awaiting your greatest responses. Thanks.
My baby is 20 days old she is 2.5 kg now. When can I use diaper for her. She is wetting full body in night times and she becomes cold.
My son 9 months old he suffers atopic eczema problem, sybol or boronil is can use to safe way or not please say doctor.
Hi gud evening, my son is 4.5 years old. His weight is 11 kg. I wanted to put on his weight. What healthy food should I give him.
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reason is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.
Hello Dr. Is it normal My 4 years old daughter is having body temperature of 97.3 in the early morning 4 am.
Epilepsy is a common neurology problem. We need to have proper diagnosis and treatment. The medications need to be taken very regularly. Make sure to sleep for at least 6 to 7 hours.