Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShankaranYour feedback matters!
Hi doc, my son is 5 months old. I am giving both breastfeeding and bottle for him. Once I started with formula his poo changed from yellow to green colour and it's smelling awful. But he seems to be fine. M giving nan pro 1. Is he fine? Or I need to change another brand.
My Son is one year old . Facing cold & cough again & again also what should I feed him bcz he not wants to eat cerelac , dal etc. What should I give me ?
My grandson has club foot (left) from birth. His affected foot was kept in plaster for three months immediately after birth and some exercises later on. Now he is 12 years old and walk freely unless somebody observe carefully. He can't run freely, as foot is never flat on ground. Is there any treatment by Physiotherapy or other way out? I request for response with clarity for future course.
I removed my sons's one tooth by dentist from root. He is 12 yrs old. What I need to do for his new teeth grow.
My 2 year baby has light bulge near vaccination area (in upper arm). It's not red and not painful as well. Have noticed few months back. Still remains same. No change could be seen.
I suffering from fever. My fever is sometime closed for many days and start. My stomach was too much pain. When I do toilet I feel pain in penis.
My baby has bulgam cough, how to come out that bulgam. She is one year 10 month old. doctor said that nubalize every 4 hour.
My son is 21 mnth old and he is too weak. Please suggest me for healthy diet and some healthy drink.
Hello Lybrate Users,
I am posting on this topic as many of users have been asking on the same issue.
1. It has nice taste.
2. Freshness lasts longer.
3. Has good antibacterial property of neem and turmeric.
4. Its soothing action on the cavities and gums.
5. Minimum side effects.
1. It cannot be an alternative to dental treatment as it cannot reverse progression of disease of gums or cavities.
2. As it soothens (obtundant) effect of clove oil on regular basis misguides the pain response which would end up in the end stages of the disease finally results increased cost of dental treatment in late stages of the disease or the tooth should be removed if caries or periodontal progression goes beyond to save the tooth.
3. The turmeric might cause tooth discolouration in long run.
As far as to my knowledge is concern use it just if you want to give a try but I will never recommend on a daily basis.
My 50 days boy has getting pain while passing the urine. Maily morning timing morning 10 am to 11 am and 6pm to 9pm. Once releses the urine he can sleep and play well. PlEASE advise me what can I do for him. Thanks
Easy tip for toddler's mumma
When it’s time to feed your child dinner at the end of a long day, it’s a good idea to finish your meal first. Trying to feed a fussy child on an empty stomach will only make you irritable and impatient. Eat first and you’ll find you’re way more patient and energetic to tackle any challenges the dining table may throw up.
Hi sir, My son is two and half year old. But usko bolne me dikkat aa rhi hai. Mera beta bolta to hai per proper nhi bol pa rha. Mummy, papa, dada, roti, pani jaise word to proper bolta hai per puri tarah nhi bol pa rha abhi. Kya muje uske liye koi tonic ya medicine leni chahiye. Please tell me.
On the occasion of Children’s Day this year, switch to smarter choices from entertaining toys and noisy video games as gifts for your kids. Enhance their lifestyle by making available gifts that involve constructive physical, cognitive or emotional skills. All you need to do is find the ideal gift for your little one that adds a smile on his face while teaching him something meaningful.
Maintain your own Calendar!
Gift #1- Most children like to know what day it is, how many days until a certain event, or even what the plan of the day is and so on. Some kids struggle with spur-of-the-moment plans. Gifting your little boy or girl their own month or annual planner will also make your world run smoothly. This enables them to write down their own classes, events, play dates or school days.
Benefit- A calendar would make your young one responsible enough to remember important dates and maintain his/her own schedule.
Challenging Games and Puzzles!
Gift #2- Kids love great indoor activities that pique their interests. Some are known to be constructive activities that teach your child a lot. Certain games help in strengthening mathematical skills in children like Monopoly and Payday. Memory or language games too help in adding value to your child’s mind. Rory’s Story Cubes and Q-bitz are challenging games that check and increase visual and creative skills.
Benefit- Games help in brain development and enhance problem solving skills. Puzzles increase creative and novel thinking that help in building your kid’s IQ.
Gift #3- If your children enjoy eating or cooking food, they will love this gift. All you need to do is select an easy recipe of a yummy treat and purchase all the required ingredients. To make the event a special one, set a date and time for cooking together. Baking or cooking together with your child is an ideal time to share a beautiful bond while they learn life skills.
Benefit- This special home activity will surely instil culinary values. As a whole this process would also train them to work as team and follow procedures and steps carefully.
A Micro-Library for Kids
Gift #4- Reading is a habit that mostly develops at a younger age and it’s an essential if you want your child to have a strong hold over a language. Books with a message and stories with a deep-rooted moral go a long way in inspiring the young minds. Good reads with a positive layout for kids that you can opt for are “I Believe in Me” by Connie Bowen or “On My Way to a Happy Life” by Deepak Chopra.
Benefit- Books are teachers in itself as they impart knowledge. Good books develop spoken, written, creative and cognitive skills whilst teaching your kid perfect usage of the language.
Telling the Time
Gift #5- You can check whether or not your child knows how to read analog clocks in this age of digitalisation. If you find he/she takes too long to think about it you can think of getting them a cool analog watch with three hands. This makes them want to be able to tell time on it.
Benefit- Being on time is a wonderful thing. Train your kid to be punctual at his/her growing years by gifting them the perfect time-managing instrument.
There is a baby, 6 days old. 3 days ago, he started crying, family took him to a doctor, and doctor provided the baby with some medicine. Due to which the baby slept. Now it's 3 days that the baby is still sleeping, though all body parts are functioning alright. Some doctor is saying that it is brain fever, can be treated only after Baby comes out of sleep. Baby is admitted and is on Oxygen mask. Please Guide.
I, am 36 yrs old and 5' ht. Weight is 72kgs. I have a copper T and it is intact. I normally have my periods in 28days circle and very regular. For past 4-5 months my periods are irregular. First i got my periods in less than 20 days 4 months back. Then 22 days next month, 25 , and 28. But this month its already 35 days. I feel very mild pain sometimes. Why is it so. Can I wait a little more or should I consult a doctor. I dont think i am stressed. For past 4 months I dont eat rice or food in afternoons in order to diet. I just have tea buiscuits, or cucumber or other vegitables and by evening 7pm I have my dinner. Weekly thrice i follow this routine. Is it because of overweight or the food pattern change. Please explain.Thank you
Exams are here again. As always we tend to neglect our food in the process of concentrating on studies. But we forget that to concentrate on studies we have to concentrate on taking a healthy diet.
Here are a few diet tips that will help you balance your study as well as diet.
1. Eat small and nourishing meals every three hours, instead of just 2-3 heavy meals. The brain needs a constant supply of energy and a heavy meal will divert the blood supply to digest the heavy meal.
2. Your daily diet must include 2-3 fresh, seasonal fruits. Start your day with a boost of fruit energy. Have a banana with a tablespoon of honey as the first meal of the day. Fruits provide you not only with fiber, vitamins and minerals but also simple and complex carbohydrates for short and long duration of energy supply when studying. The fiber will also help to keep the bowel movement clear.
3. A good breakfast is a must for anyone. The breakfast must contain foods with complex carbohydrates like flakes, oats, rawa (semolina), daliya (wheat cracks), poha (rice flakes) or pav with vegetables and a protein source such as eggs, milk, pulse, sprouts or paneer.
4. Nuts and dry fruits like almonds, walnuts, and dates provide nutrients which enhance brain power and concentration and also provide an extended source of energy supply.
5. Include potassium-rich coconut water, citrus fruits/ juices and soups in your diet.
6. Green leafy vegetables, pulses, and nuts will also provide vitamins and minerals to help avoid anemia. (Anemia is a common problem causing difficulty in concentration.)
7. Including milk as a bedtime meal and curd/lassi/buttermilk after lunch or as a mid-meal assures a supply of Vitamin B12 too.
8. Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. Always keep a glass of water beside you to remember to take sips of water every 15 minutes.
9. Basic exercise like stretching, walking or yoga with meditation will help to reduce negative stress and also help you to get good sleep.
10. Avoid junk foods as they will provide you no nutrition.
11. Avoid stimulants like tea, coffee or colas as they may seem to perk you up but the energy does not sustain for long. Too much may even cause bloating or acidity.
12. Avoid aerated drinks as they are full of sugar and may cause a rapid rise in blood sugar levels causing a sudden rise and drop in sugar levels.
13. Chocolates may seem to may you feel good but the sudden rise and fall of sugar it causes in the blood can lead to trembling nervousness and panic.
14. Have your dinner if possible a little earlier than 9-10pm.
15. Keep about 2 hours between dinner and your bedtime.
16. Have a sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours daily.
Remember your body and mind need the fuel to help you perform the best. So, nourish it and take care of it and it will do the same for you.