Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. ShankarYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years old male and I have hand shivering problem. Sometimes my hands shivering too much. What can I do.
I recently read rhat researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer's disease. Is this true? If so, which food do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
I am suffering from anxiety disorder since last one year and taking medication. Now I am relax about problem but sometimes I feel vibration in occipital lobe and feel like that I will fall. What should I do? In 2010 I suffered from typhoid and malaria together and the the first incident of insomnia and anxiety took place.
I have headache how can we cure it. Recently I have having half side headache? What should I do? Is I am suffering from migraine?
I am from Mumbai.Aged 82. Due to slow down of my active life by 80 % due to age, started getting numbness on my left heel and it slowly increased upward tothe middle of my foreleg. However I am walking for about 35 minutes in the evening without any escort. I have a bp of 160/90. And sugar bet 140-160/85-110. For BP am taking since last one month only.Stamlo 5mg. My weight is 59 kg and stand from foot 164cms. Can u suggest for the numbness.?
My age is 23. My height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. I am having numbness and tingling in whole body. Right half head pain and abdominal pain. Chest enlargement and too much belly fat. Excessive hair growth. Bone and muscle pain. High bp 150/100. My cortisol is 234ng/ml. Total testosterone is 2.21ng/ml. Where can be the problem in body?
What are symptoms of brain tumour? Is it happens by thinking a lot or getting angry and taking so much stress?
I am a 18 old female n suffering from migraine since childhood. I want to know when will my migraine headache reduce.
My wife 23 year old having migraine problem and after consultation to a neurologist that treatment was not tolerable so what should we do now?
Insomnia is the condition of acute sleeplessness, and it takes a heavy toll on your mood, your energy levels, and your ability to concentrate and work during the day. Some of the most common symptoms of the condition are:
- You find it difficult to fall asleep even if you are tired
- Once you wake up in the middle of the night, you cannot get back to sleep
- You cannot work or concentrate on anything during the day
- You stay mostly fatigued, or irritated throughout the day
- You have to depend on pills or alcohol to fall asleep.
- You wake up very early in the morning, no matter how late you sleep
What could be the causes for insomnia?
Insomnia might last just a few days if it is induced by some temporary cause, like stress at your workplace, or any other personal issue you can be facing. However, when the cause is a long rooted one, insomnia might persist for a long time. There can be a mix of many causes for that to happen:
- Psychological stress or other emotional discomforts - Common psychological problems like anxiety, depression, chronic work stress, grief, and also bipolar disorder can be the causes for insomnia.
- Illness or other medical problems - There can be many medical causes or other illnesses at the root of insomnia like allergies, acute asthma, hyperthyroidism, Parkinson’s disease, kidney related diseases and cancer as well.
- Medications - There can be many drugs, which might be prescribed by your doctor, but still be responsible for insomnia. These include antidepressants, corticosteroids like thyroid hormone medicines, few blood pressure medications, certain contraceptives and stimulants for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Sleep Disorders - Insomnia, though in itself is a sleep disorder, can also be the symptoms for other sleep disorders like sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and other disorders related to jet lag or if you are working on a late night shift.
In addition to these causes, some daily lifestyle habits might act as triggers to insomnia, which include:
- Consumption of large amounts of caffeine on a regular basis
- Developing irregular sleep schedules
- Taking your smartphone to bed and ending up spending a lot of time with it in the night
- Eating late in the evening
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.