Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shankar GuhanYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I am 28 age my problem is bad breath and washroom smell I had treatment at dental and normal hospital but my problem is not solved.
Dear Sir / Madam i am 21yrs old. From the past 2 years am suffering from sensitivity, now a days am not able to use my left jaws for eating hard foods. Even though am not able explain the feeling that am experiencing. Please help me to get rid of this.
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.
I am getting new tooth now which is well known as knowledge teeth. The problem is the new teeth is getting infected actually that new tooth has not fully formed only half of the tooth has been grown. I cant able to brush that tooth at that place as my chin flesh covers inside for that tooth. What to do to stop infecting that tooth. Past I had undergone root canal and cement filling for other tooth.
My face has become dull due blackheads I used many cosmetic but it still appear. I do not know why I feel tired up every day my eyes get tired my teeth. I know what to do please tell what to do?
From 2 months my tongue is like coated white & I also feel slightly which colour inner my mouth left, right & upper side. I have exactly not known what is the reason behind it? I have also face few problems like fatigue & lack of concentration.
My friend is suffering from geographical tongue. He has to suffered a lot. Now what should he do to minimize the bad effect.
I listen a clicking sound from my right side of jaw when I open my mouth. Is this related to forward head posture? Because I have forward head posture. If yes or no what should be done?
I found two bumps inside my mouth on the inside of chin. What could have caused it? I have pain behind ear and the neck (like the one we get when we have mouth ulcer) it is there for the last two days. But much better today than last two days. I suspect some water may have gone inside ear while taking bath. I have dust allergy, two days ago I happened to smell some rotten thing from childhood most of the time this causes nose pain. Would that be the reason? or could it be cancer. The bumps are smaller than mustard seed. How long should I wait if the pain persist behind the ear. I have no numbness in the face.
I am getting some amount of blood while brushing from my mouth that is putting my hand into my mouth and cleaning time.
I am Suffering from teeth problem since last many months, I guess it pyria. Kindly recommend me something so that I can get cured of this. My front lower incisors adapted to yellowish. I am 24 years old. Kindly look into this matter.
Proper nutrition is necessary for healthy teeth and gums. Eating a well-balanced diet gives gum tissues and teeth the important nutrients and minerals needed to stay strong and resist infections. Soft, sticky foods tend to remain on the grooves and between teeth
As and sweets, limit their intake (especially between meals).
When you do snack, choose nutritious foods such as cheese and dry crackers, vegetables, natural yogurt or fresh fruit.Choose plain milk instead of flavoured milk.
Use fluoride toothpaste at least twice a day especially before you go to sleep at night.(but avoid using with boring water) -
Use floss to clean between your teeth.
I have protruded teeth. I'm 20 year old. I need brace treatment. Is that any other way? Or any age limits for brace treatment?
Your friends mean well when they tell you to put aspirin on your sore gums. But don’t listen to this old wives’ tale. Never put aspirin directly on your gums. Yes, it might provide some temporary relief. But aspirin is a highly caustic chemical, and it is irritating to the gum tissue. It could cause a fairly serious acid burn.
If tissues are preserved the tooth can be replaced in the socket.