Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Shankar GaneshYour feedback matters!
I have a drinking problem. I get anxiety the next day I drink. I want to quit but could not. Tried many times. Due to that I am not able to achieve balanced and stable lifestyle. I get depressed sometimes. Also get a lot of anxiety. And if I don't drink insomnia.
I am 30 year old and suffering from heavy migraine problem which is 15 years old. Tell me what to do?
I have been observing high level of sugar in my blood levels around 180 fasting and 220 normally on some days, normally it remains within limits. I am not controlling my diet on days when sugar level is normal I am 37 with no family history of high sugar levels. Kindly suggest what tests could be done to identify the problem n what do you diagnose out of it. I have been on valprin chrono 500 due to epileptic seizures which occurred around 12 yrs back.
I am 32 year old, I have a problem in my right hand , not able to uplift my four finger, and unable to hold on my hand at back side , wasting of muscles on my palm, and hand are thin, sensation proper, hold things proper but grasping power low, unable to open fingers properly, all the report are normal like MRI, this problem is last 12 years. Kindly tell the name of disease and medicine or exercise.
My grandfather is 80 years old has swelling of prostate gland and left leg feeling as if it is paralysed. MBBS Dr. had recommended him tablet Calutide 50 and capsule Tinosporine but now capsule Tinosporine isn't available in the market so what will be the substitute for this?
Sir Pranam, I am male of 63 Yrs and with Hypertension and Non diabetic. During early May this year I had a heart attack diagnose due to Sleep apnea. Since then I have lost confidence in myself. I am not driving two wheeler due to a fear and lack of confidence but prior to the heart attack, I used to ride at least 10 K> Per day. Now I am on deplatt CV 20. My memory has also playing and I forget very fast.
I am suffering from acute insomnia .This has been happening for a while but now this is worsening and I am not able to sleep at all .I have tried Sunidra tablets but of not much help .Due to this during day time I am not feeling enough refreshed and not able to concentrate on my work properly. I want specifically Ayurveda treatment .Please help me on this.
What is migraine what are the causes of migraine and symptoms of that and what precaution should be taken?
I had an accident in which there was a minor head injury. Hairs at the injured lost have permanently lost. How can I grow them again.
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health, both influence each other. Insomnia is a common sleeping disorder, which is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
- There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.