Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shankar Sharma
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shankar SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am having problems with my teeth n hair Blood comes out of my teeth regularly and also sensitivity issue is getting on the higher side, I use Colgate, should I change my toothpaste, And also I am suffering from hairloss, infact to prevent this I have started keeping my hair to a short length, maybe it is happening because of my work schedule, I usually sleep for a maximum of 6.5 hours Pls tell the beat way to do it.
I used to tooth brush daily basis but My mouth realised smell. Please advice what I do for better tooth and better feel with some one Like my partner never say for kiss because my mouth smell.
For wearing braces is there any age inundation and what r the costs of braces in Lucknow? Does braces assures the complete alignment of teeth?
I am teenager how I manage my teeth, eye hair. Please some information about human habits. What benefits do exercise regularly.
I have a problem on my teeth lots of yellow teeth and its smell very bad so please give me some natural suggestion what I need to do.
Does taking chewing gum (orbit) daily create any health problems? And does it reduce the sperm count. I asked coz I heard some of my friends saying so? And does orbit makes teeth white?
I have a strange medical condition since a month.I could see blood every morning while brushing. I have no cuts in my mouth and I could feel it coming from my throat. Dont know what is wrong. Can someone help?
I am 23 years old. I am a student. In 8 months before I do the root canal process in my one teeth due to hard pain. But still the problem remaining. What is the next option.
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"