Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. ShankarYour feedback matters!
My father's behaviour has been changed a lot. I just missed jee advanced by 1000 ranks. I have recovered but my father was badly hurt. He has BP problem. Now he just make any issue and quarrels upon it for hours. After 2 or 3hours he becomes normal as nothing has happened. What is it? Please help me.
What are the restrictions to be followed for a diabetes person. My sugar fasting level is 104. What are the ayurvedic medicine which are suitable for me.
My body is too weak and my face is small. I want a healthy body and charming face. What should I do?
For a stress free live we all need a release, both physical and emotional, and pleasuring yourself can provide you at times with that much needed release. Masturbation is rarely discussed, even amongst the closest of friends. Even though this is a normal part of human sexuality, society frowns on it and young people are often taught to avoid masturbation.
Lack of knowledge and opportunities to talk about it have given rise to a number of myths on this subject. Let's take a look at a few of them.
- Masturbation can damage the genitals: Touching your genitals is very unlikely to damage them. The sex organs are designed to withstand friction and hence are very tough organs. The maximum damage that can be caused by masturbation is a little chafing. Using lubricant can prevent this from occurring.
- It causes health problems: Pleasuring yourself is the ultimate form of safe sex. There is no way for you to catch an STD or for it to cause any sort of mental health problem. The only risks involved are allergic reactions to lubricants or toys and a feeling of guilt or shame due to societal pressure.
- It lowers the chances of you having an orgasm during sex: Masturbation does not reduce your sex drive or prevent you from having orgasms. Many people also claim that women get addicted to vibrators and cannot enjoy sex without them. However, there is no truth behind this.
- Masturbation is akin to cheating: Single people as well as people in committed relationships masturbate. While it can lead to problems in a relationship depending on your partner's views about it, it does not amount to cheating on him or her.
- It can cause blindness: Blindness is the most outrageous myth associated with self-induced orgasms. Till date, there has not been a medical case to prove it.
- It causes infertility: Pleasuring yourself does not reduce your chances of getting pregnant or getting someone else pregnant. However, for men with a low sperm count, restricting ejaculations while trying to get their partner pregnant is a good idea. The only way masturbation can lead to infertility is if partners who share sex toys do not keep them clean and pass on STDs through them.
- Only men masturbate: Men and women across the world masturbate.
- It can cause erectile dysfunction: Erectile dysfunction has a number of psychological and biological causes, such as heart disease, stress and obesity but masturbation is not one of them.
- Eating certain foods can help control the urge to masturbate: Pleasuring yourself is normal and not affected by what you eat or do not eat.
- It is only for young people: Men and women of all ages can enjoy self-induced orgasms. This does not have any adverse effects on your health.
Hello Doctor, Mujhe pet ki problem hai toilet jati hu to dark toilet aata hai or humesa toilet Jane ka ahsas hota hai.
I have hair fall problem for more than a year. What should I do? Also my digestion is not so good. Please suggest some solutions.
I am 25 year old male, sometimes it has been observed that blood comes with stool its not regular only when I ate non veg (chicken or mutton) etc. That only first stool after having non veg food. I went to doctor did couple of blood tests and stool test. All the results are normal. Doctor suggested normix tablets for two weeks. Still I am worrying. Need to go for colonoscopy? Please suggest what I have to do now?
How to remove acne and marks from my face? I do not use any cream or powder. I just use face wash to was my face. Nothing else.
Suffering with difficulty with urinating fully, was diagnosed with chronic prostatitis, doctor prescribe me silodosin 4 mg tablet for lifetime. Ultrasound scan shows prostate 19gms, in this size prostate can block urine? Is size is normal or not? Thanks.
This actually reduce the load exerted on your knees and will give some rest from impact which occur due to jogging or brisk walking. Regular icing after such strenuous activities will also the minimize the risk of injuries to the knee joint.
I am 48 years old. I have many problems in my body. Obesity/urine infection and gastric problem and headache.
Douching is a process wherein the vagina is washed with water or other fluid based substances. Douches are available in your local pharmacy or drug stores. They usually contain water, baking soda, iodine or vinegar.
Is it required?
Doctors have generally recommended against this practice. The primary reason for this is that it creates bacterial imbalance in the vagina. For clearer understanding, there are both types of bacteria; harmful and good, present in the vagina in a certain balance.
Douching can upset this balance. It causes the harmful bacteria to thrive and multiply and impairs the functioning of the good bacteria.
Due to this imbalance, one may become prone to various infections in the vagina, yeast infections being the most common of them all. The harmful bacteria may also spread to the reproductive tract and cause infections.
Studies conducted to prove the efficacy of douching have shown that neither do they clean the vagina nor do they prevent infections. To give a detailed idea of what douching can do to the vagina, here are its disadvantages:
Pelvic inflammatory diseases: Douching increases the risks of PID’s. This disease causes infection in the ovaries and the uterus.
Vaginal infections: As douching upsets the balance of bacteria in the vagina, it also creates conditions that allows harmful bacteria to develop
Complications in your pregnancy: Douching has been proven to decrease the chance of getting pregnant. It is known to increase the chance of an ectopic pregnancy, wherein the embryo is not implanted inside the uterus.
Cancer of the cervix: Douching has also been linked to an increased risk of cervical cancer.
If you think that douching can get rid an infection, then you need to reconsider. Consult a doctor so that you get proper treatment. Do not resort to douching as the risks outweigh the minimal benefits it offers.