Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShankarYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering with dandruff from an year now. I have been facing hairfall problems since the starting of dandruff as well. Is the hairfall due to dandruff? I feel like im loosing about 60-80 strands of hair during head bath. And nearly 30-40 during normal days. Is it fine? If fine what does that fine mean? Im 19 will I turn bald early? Please help. My elder brother is 23 and is loosing hair mostly in middle area. Says he had problems since he was my age. But he never had problems with dandruff. Please help.
I feel depressive as I dose not have much work to do at office & home routine morning walk 6.15am 7am breakfast9.30am lunch st2.30pm back at home 7pm no work tv from 8 to 10.30 pm lAge 55 years weight 93 kg please suggest
I had unsafe intercourse with my partner 7 days ago, my periods date is 12th june but still do not come. I do not want to be pregnant at any cost. Plzz suggest me smthng so that my periods come and I do not get pregnant. Is meprate10 mg can be taken good for me to avoid pregnancy. Or suggest some other medicine for periods. If by chance I got pregnant than is it safe to use abortion pills coz I can not go to a doctor now. Please solve my query. N please keep it confidential. I'll be very thankful to you.
I am 28 years female suffering from dark circles after two months of dnc and slightly fat increasing on my tummy what should I do Dr. please suggest is dark circles has really cure or its permanent now.
My hands (fingers) are shaking from childhood usually when I'm doing routine task such as drinking water from one hand, writing or holding paper and typing keyboard. This is even worse someone watching me. Same tremor my brother also had. Please help me what should I do. I m so thin and feeling tiredness always.
Hi I want to grow taller I am nw 19 years 6months Now I am 160cm. I want to grow at least 167 cm. Yes I know that is dream can't come real. But I do need height please help me. Plz.
Tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is a frequently performed cosmetic procedure which is meant to improve the looks or appearance of your abdominal region. The primary goal of this procedure is to remove excess skin or fat from the abdominal region and then reconnect the tissues with sutures to get a more toned and flat look.
The requirement for abdominoplasty:
The tummy tuck surgery is for someone who has folds of fat or skin on their abdominal region that results in an unsightly appearance and causes body image issues. These problems may be caused by multiple factors, some of which are mentioned below:
- Significant weight loss: Men or women who have lost a lot of weight tend to have excess loose skin on their bodies as a result of the skin being stretched over a long period of time.
- Pregnancy: Many women who have gone through multiple pregnancies also have similar problems as the skin in their abdominal region tends to stretch over multiple times which may result in the skin becoming flabby.
- You have a weak lower abdominal wall: Some patients tend to generally have a weak lower abdominal wall which over the years tends to protrude and hang. This results in a misshapen body which they want to correct for body image issues.
- To correct scarring from C section: Many women who give birth via C-section tend to have a scar on their body and some abdominal contouring can change the shape and size of the scar, which in turn not only tightens the tummy but also hides the scars.
Considerations before abdominoplasty:
Abdominoplasty isn't recommended if you fall under any of the following categories:
- Still have to lose weight: If you have to lose a lot of weight, then it is advised that you wait till your goal weight is reached and only then consider this procedure. Abdominoplasty isn't meant to reduce weight, but to take out excess skin and flab that remains after weight loss
- Plan on becoming pregnant again: If you are planning to become pregnant again, then the muscles and tissues in your abdomen might loosen and cause a flabby belly again.
- If you have heart disease or other conditions: If you have heart related conditions or are diabetic, then abdominoplasty won't be considered as it might put you at high risk of complications after surgery.