Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. ShamalaYour feedback matters!
Hello dr. I have problem in left ear always snoozing noise ringing since more than six months. Already I consultant e. N. T doctor in mumbai but no use. So please Give me any advice for this problem ?
I am having chronic gas problem, sometimes it leads to tightened of stomach and dizziness also. please guide me with this.
ECG report: 800: Sinus Rhythm. 732: Suspect Anterior Myocardial Infarction. 131: Low Voltage (Limb Leads. What is meaning of this diagnosis information. Pl. Guide.
Hi, I will be frequently getting throat pain, every 4months. Later I will be taking 3-4 days course to solve it. Nice 100mg, Cipro500mg, Hexigel, Hot drinking water. Do we have any other permanent solution?
Earlier I occasionally had a sore throat. I used to some antibiotics and it gt cured. But now for more than a year I have pain in my whole throat. Sm says its d problem of vocal cords as I am a teacher and have to speak a lot. Besides this I feel extreme fatigue all d time. My eyes and legs are specifically very tired all d time and have temperature sometimes 99.3 or less. I have problem in the lower side of my throat. Can anyone guide me what to do.
I am suffering from sinus from past 15 years and my hair is also greying because of this. I have tried everything but nothing helped. Could you please suggest tips or remedy for this.
Hi. Every now and then I feel mild imbalance as if I am not still or my leg are rocking. The episode increases when I start getting tired (like when I am standing and working for sometime) and then sometime I also get headache/ eyes get heavy along with it. I relax, take a cup of tea or coffee and it almost goes away. This does not happen when I get up in the morning but as day passes. I have anemia taking daily iron and bilateral eardrum perforation (for few years now). What could be the reason and what should be done.
Doctor please tell me the best Medicine for sour throat, and also I m facing coughing problem, I often have coughing issues within a time period of 1 to 2 months is it a matter of concern!
Ear discharge may occur due to several reasons. Injury or trauma to the ear canal, a ruptured ear drum or an infection in the middle ear may be the most common causes of ear discharge. Eczema, swimmer’s ear and other skin irritations may also lead to this problem. While there are some simple home remedies to treat this disorder, always consult an ENT specialist if the discharge does not stop after the application of those treatments. Let us look at some common ways to treat this disorder.
- Use gravity: While this method does not treat ear discharge per se, it does help in draining the fluid build-up in the ear. Just lie down on your side keeping the affected ear parallel to the ground. Use your finger to create a vacuum inside your ear and drain the fluid inside it. The finger must be clean. You can also use a cotton wad for this purpose. Another way could be by simply lying on your side with a towel under your ear.
- Use a warm compress: This treatment promotes the flow of ear discharge to its outer part, thereby alleviating the pain. Dip a clean piece of cloth in warm water, wring the cloth as much as you can and then place it around your ear for 2-5 minutes. Lie down on your side.
- Inhale steam: Inhaling steam, opens up the Eustachian tube, thereby promoting the flow of the trapped ear discharge. Simply mix a little bit of eucalyptus oil with some water, boil the mixture and inhale the steam. Tilt your head to one side so that the fluid drains out. Do this exercise for 5-10 minutes. Cover your head and the water with a towel to prevent the steam from escaping. Repeat this exercise as needed.
- Use vinegar and rubbing alcohol mixture: Vinegar and rubbing alcohol have excellent anti-microbial properties. Mix equal parts of white vinegar and rubbing alcohol. Put some drops of the mixture in a dropper. Lie down on your side with the infected ear upwards. Insert some drops of the solution with the dropper in your ear. Wait for 10 minutes and then drain out the ear discharge by tilting the infected ear to the other side. Repeat this exercise twice a day for better results.
- Use garlic oil: Crush 2-3 garlic cloves and extract its oil. Use a dropper to put 2-3 drops of this extract into your affected ear. Tilt the head to one side so that the juice settles down. Now hold a dryer next to the infected ear and let the warm air blow inside it. Repeat this exercise twice a day for better results.