Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. ShalinyYour feedback matters!
I have cough for last 4 months. I have taken a lot of medicine but could not get well. What should I do now?
Respected sir/mam, I m 22 years old boy. I have shaky fingers problem from childhood most left hand. Same problem even had my my brother. Shaky even worst when someone seeing task, interview, exam or typing. I getting lot of fear for future. Please help me.
Sir I am 34 years unmarried guy and going to marry in Nov this year. From last 4 to 5 months I m feeling sexual debility. Some whitish is passing through my urine. I have also lost appetite and weight. I have also erection problem. It takes a long time to erect my anus. Kindly suggest remedial measures to treat all this. Thannkyu
Virus is the most common cause of pain in the throat or sore throat and it is often accompanied by cold symptoms like running nose, red watery eyes, cough and sneezing. Smoking, irritants in the air and pollution are the main causes of sore throat. It becomes very difficult to swallow food in such a condition when an individual experiences pain, itchiness or irritation in their throat.
The main causes of occurrence of sore throat include:
- Leukemia in exceptional cases
- Bacterial as well as Viral Infection as in Common Cold
Symptoms of Sore Throat:
- The Nasal passages get blocked
- Inability to gulp down food
- Severe pain in the throat which is followed by coughing
- Lymph glands get swollen
- Fever is followed by Chills
When to Visit the Doctor
It is very important to visit your doctor, if the pain in the throat lasts for longer time and it is accompanied by symptoms like joint pain, difficulty in breathing and fever. The primary symptom of sore throat is pain in the throat and other symptoms like hoarseness and white patches on the tonsils also occur under this condition. People of all age groups can get affected with this condition, but it affects mostly children and smokers. People with weak immune system and suffering from allergies are also prone to pain in the throat.
Hello doctors. I have a query kindly advice. My husband faces a problem from last few days. After bath, itching starts on his body and when he rub that particular itching part of the body red rashes present on the body, mostly at stomach and neck. What is the cause. Kindly suggest. Thanks a lot.
I am 44 years old, I had a feet fracture before 15 days I visited a local doctor and he did striping (tied it with brown tape like bandage) in my feet but now as its 10 days I still have swelling I am eating lanol er 650 and flanzen 10 twice a day. Dr. said that it ll take two months please refer how much time it ll take for my recovery and when swelling and pain ll decrease? Should I take another medicine please answer soon I m really worried.
I am 18 year old girl. I am not able to sleep properly I am having a severe headache since 2 days What should I do now?
If a person is suffering from depression. How can he get rid of poor sleeping habits and constant rumination. What about exercises and proper diet.
My beta HCG level is 1.0 and I am going through periods. Could I be pregnant? My TVS ultrasound reports are normal. I experienced spotting, irregular bleeding this month. I have heard Beta HCG level during pregnancy is >5. Please advise.
Had intimacy last night. Same plans for tonight also. But failing to hold erection. Thinking of taking penegra, but having 2nd thoughts of side effects. Suggest me what to do. I am on vacation with partner (once in a lifetime opportunity) help me out.
While it is common news that alcohol consumption leads to weight gain, recent studies have made a startling discovery, wherein long term moderate drinkers have shown symptoms of maintaining an optimal weight, even losing excess fat more than those who abstain from drinking at all. While harder alcoholic drinks are more likely to affect the liver and hence the level of fat in the body, weight gain because of alcohol is also dependent on a number of other factors like how often you drink or how much you drink in one session. This is compounded by each individual's capability to metabolize the alcohol, or work it off.
It is important to know how many calories your drink accounts for:
- Tequila, whiskey, rum and their other variations have more or less the same amount of calories.
- Beer constitutes a little more calorific value than those mentioned above, while wine and champagne have the least amount of calories among proper alcoholic drinks. This is why wine should be the preferred drink for those more susceptible to weight gain.
- Cocktails like margaritas or pina coladas have at least four times the number of calories than unmixed drinks. So, one must proceed with caution while ordering endless free cocktails at a party.
- If cocktails are your thing, opt for a Bloody Mary, it has lesser calories. People more prone to consume a high calorie diet on a regular basis, or are already overweight, tend to put on more weight even after moderate alcohol consumption.]
- Also remember that drinking small amounts frequently leads to weight loss rather than the misconception of drinking copious amounts at long intervals.
- Doctors even prescribe a daily glass of wine with and after dinner nowadays. Studies stipulated the optimal number of drinks per week to four, maximum five.
- One drink per day in case of women, and two for men is a good regimen to get you started with losing weight through alcohol consumption.
- You must also be careful about the food you accompany your drinks with; make sure their high calorie value does not unsettle the entire process.