Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini Lalit KumarYour feedback matters!
Homeopathy can be quickly and remarkably effective for many symptoms and conditions arising during pregnancy. If a pregnant woman inquires, 'what is the one best thing I can do to ensure that my baby is born healthy?' a homeopath will answer, 'take your own constitutional medicine as early in the pregnancy as possible.' Hahnemann readily encouraged healthy diet and hygiene so optimal prenatal diet and nutritional supplementation, medical care, lifestyle, and peace of mind are essential. But, in addition, the more in balance a pregnant mom is on an energetic level, the smoother labor is likely to proceed and the greater the chance of giving birth to a vibrantly healthy baby. There are no guarantees in utero. A certain number of babies will be born with a variety of genetic defects and congenital abnormalities. Correct homeopathic prescribing during pregnancy simply increases the likelihood of a healthy child.
Homeopathy can treat nearly any condition on a pregnant woman. Just to give you an example of how it works, morning sickness, perhaps the most common complaint we treat during pregnancy, labor, and delivery. There are two distinct ways in which you can treat these conditions using homeopathy. If your overall health is quite good, morning sickness is your only real complaint, and the symptoms are quite straightforward, you may be able to treat yourself quite successfully.
Acute homeopathic self-care for morning sickness
the most common medicines for morning sickness are sepia and colchicum.
when an aversion to the smell of food is the strongest symptom, consider colchicum first.
for severe vomiting, use ipecac and for the most terrible nausea, use tabacum.
when an aversion to sex is a strong symptom, consider sepia or kreosotum.
sepia is for conditions that are much better from vigorous exercise or dancing, which differentiates it from the motion sickness medicines such as tabacum and Cocculus. The latter two are for symptoms that are much worse, not better, from motion.
veratrum is the medicine of choice if you are very cold, are suffering from vomiting and diarrhea, and would die for fruit, ice, and sour foods like pickles or lemons
A woman should notice at least a 50%, often 75% or more, improvement in her nausea of pregnancy within one to two weeks after taking the proper homeopathic medicine.
Planning for excellent prenatal and delivery care, drafting the perfect birth plan, gathering together the ideal birthing team, and preparing in every other way can increase the odds of a smooth labor and delivery, but pregnancy and labor can be full of surprises. Homeopathy can be literally a lifesaver during difficult labor and deliveries. Having on hand a homeopathic self-care kit or at least a few essential medicines will do. The problem with having available only two or three is if you don't happen to have the best indicated medicine with you, it is of no use. Again, problems during labor can sometimes be quite successfully treated through self-care but may need the expertise of a trained homeopath
I was getting normal periods till I started getting involved sexually. Later when I took ipill a few times I started getting irregular periods. Since 6 months I haven't got any period. I am taking homeopathic medicine and had a drop in January. 3 years ago got tests done had hormonal imbalance. Please suggest medicine remedies or tests.
I am 24 years old. I had sex with my bf one month ago but I had taken oral contraceptive that time. But we had done it a couple of times in a week n he jerked it n I took the oral contraceptive only once at the end of the week. I check through the prega news after a month n it shows positive. What should I do next? This is my 1st experience n m so much tensed please help me.
Hello doc. I am 31 years old married for 9 yrs. I have fear in my mind about having sex. I feel pain in my vagina. My doc suggested me a minor surgery. She said they will do a Minor cut on my vaginal opening just to widen it. So that I would not feel problem while having sex. Pls tell me is this OK to have it? She ensured me that I would not have any problem. It needs only a day rest. Pls guide me.
I got my period on June 13. I met my bf on june 28. He made some precum on my chest and after some time he licked precum unknowingly after five minutes he licked my private part. There is no penetration or fingering involved. I got petrified BT I got my periods on july 18. Bit this month I'm late by 15 days. I am having period pains from 8 days and white watery discharge. Could I be pregnant? Or mensuration problem? Please help. If mensuration problem ,please advice ne any tablets to get my immediate period .I'm not able to take this tension. Please help me. Hope you understand.
I am suffering with very high stomach pain during periods time, How I can reduce please give me suggestions?
Hi Doctor, I would like to know few doubts related to my wifes health. Its now about 6 months after our manage. marriage happened on Aug 2015. Later after some time it was found that my wife have PCOD and she started taking tablet for 3 months. In 3 months period got regular and as per advise from doctor the medicine was stopped. After that from Jan 2015 we are trying for Kid and till now no success. Recently about 3 weeks back she started showing many symptoms like vomiting tendency, black out in front of eyes, getting tired soon and we consulted doctor. Doctor advised it was because of anemia and gave few iron tablets. Routine using, blood and thyroid test happened. No pregnancy test was advised or done by doctor. For our satisfaction we used pregnancy kit and it has not shown any positive results till today. Now she is having vomiting tendency early morning and at times she tells she have sour/sweet taste in mouth and skips away food. Now, its already time for next period, Her period date should happen between 10th - 15th of month. For this month Feb period did not happen. Last period there was more bleeding one one day alone. Last period happened on Jan 10. Now its Feb 25 and period did not happen yet. Today morning we did pregnancy test and kit showed negative. My doubts are: a) Is she still having PCOD? B) IS this anemia? C) Is the kit showing wrong result. Should we confirm pregnancy through blood test or something? D) She is very much slim, will the PCOD cause problem for her in pregnancy?
Hello, I am 26 years old. My period date was 2/7/2017. But still now I have not get my period. My period cycle is 35 days. 2 days I saw small amount of milky discharge, and my nipple was slightly painful. I had done home pregnancy test 4 days after missing my periods. But result was negative. I am worried about this. I do not understand am I pregnant or its period symptoms? please help me. Can I intercourse at this time?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
Ayurveda, which is an age old medicinal practice and has its own influence on the very important and intimate aspect of one's life that is the sex life of a person. Vajikarna, better known as ‘vishwachikitsa’, is one of the specialities in the field of Ayurveda that deals with aphrodisiacs and virility leading to good physique and freedom from impotency. The various herbs of Ayurveda help in curing major sexual problems, such as penile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and sexual exhaustion.
Here are a few reasons why Ayurvedic treatments should be preferred over conventional ones:
- The base of Ayurvedic treatments is all natural: The base of Ayurvedic treatments consists of herbs, plants, fruits and all vegetation growing around you. The usage of all natural elements for treatment of sexual diseases is more promising as they do not cause any side-effects as opposed to usage of supplements loaded with chemicals which might throw off the hormonal balance of your body.
- Ayurveda stresses on curing the ‘doshas’: The three ‘doshas’ in the body are ‘kapha’, ‘vata’ and ‘pitta’ and Ayurveda focuses on removing these ‘doshas’ along with curing the diseases. Removing these doshas while curing sex diseases is a major benefit of using Ayurveda because it helps you attain a better orgasm.
- Use of Ayurvedic herbs:
- All the medicinal plants used in Ayurveda are devoid of any side effect and help in reversing the side effects of over masturbation by strengthening the nervous system and increasing the blood flow to the penile area.
- Ashwagandha: This herb not only helps in getting rid of the side-effects but also prevents them from resurfacing. As an additional benefit, it helps in increasing the flow of libido, thus, reducing sexual exhaustion.
- Focus on overall well-being: Ayurveda is concerned with the overall physical well-being of the patient across all spheres that is physical, psychological, spiritual and is beneficial to social wellness as well while allopathic treatments rely solely on bio-chemistry and focus on fixing only one sexual problem at a time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I had sex with my boyfriend on 12th june he used condom as well as without condom also we had sex I lost my virginity. After next day my left abdomen started paining so I was scaring that I did not become pregnant so after 24 hrs I took ipill. Bt thing is I got my periods too early I mean today early mrng (21st june) I am shocked how can it be possible 2 times periods in only 1 month. Last my period was there on 5th june to 8th june now again after 13 days I got my periods pls help me I am unable toh understand my I got my periods 2 times in a month is there any pregnancy chances?
I had sex on 1st of feb and had my last periods on 10th jan. While having sex the condom broke and I do not know where the piece of condom had gone. Is there chances of pregnancy if I do not take ipill cause it causes my hormonal change and the total cycle changes because of that. Please guide me what should I do?
I take regestrone tablet when my period dates are gone. I wait for 3-4days after that I take that medicine for five days morning evening after take food. But still now no change. What can I do please suggest me.
Unexplained prolonged menses bleeding, its 5 days now, normally 3 days, pls advise stoppage medication and exercise.
Sir, we have planned to have a group sex tomorrow with our college girls, so please tell me about group sex is better or not?
Holi is one of the most enjoyable festivals in India. It is one that everyone looks forward to and is usually known as the festival of colours because we use colours and coloured water to douse our friends and family in a great display of pomp and show. Also, we tend to get doused and remain that way for many hours, mostly in the sun. As such, Holi can also take a toll on our skin by causing discolouration, rashes and insensitivity. So what should one do in order to avoid coming down with bad skin the day after Holi? Here are our secrets, which will leave you with shining skin even after you have had a great time at the festivities!
- Hydration: It is very important to keep yourself well hydrated before you plunge into the festivities. Remember to drink lots of water and ensure that you have a bottle in hand so that you can easily fill up on fluids even as you enjoy yourself with all the sun rays and the colours. This will ensure that your skin does not become too dry.
- Full sleeve clothing: Another good idea to keep your skin protected is to wear full-sleeved clothing so that you do not tan indiscriminately and you do not end up with too much discolouration and rashes on your skin. Wear light fabrics that will dry fast so that the water does not get absorbed by the clothing and into your skin. This will keep your skin relatively dry, even if you enjoy yourself for hours at an end. Avoid synthetics clothes and denim as they would stick to your skin.
- Organic colours: With the whole world going the organic way, why should our Indian festivals remain behind? So, you can now opt for organic colours that have been produced in a safe way with safe ingredients. These natural pigments will ensure that you do not have to scrub and endure rashes and irritation after the festival. It is a good idea to opt for such colours, which can be washed off easily and are bereft of synthetic materials that can harm the skin in the long run. This can also help in avoiding problems like eczema and other skin conditions.
- Oil your hair: India is a land of rich cosmetic tradition. No matter which direction you look in, you will always find that you have a weapon of choice in terms of oils and other ingredients that are absolutely great for keeping your skin and hair in good shape. So our advice is to oil your hair well, preferably with coconut oil, olive oil, or vitamin E oil, so that the colours and the water does not get absorbed onto your scalp. This will also help in keeping your hair moisturised as the colours can make the strands very dry. Always oil the whole body before playing holi.
- Lips: Apply plenty of lip balm before joining the play of colours.
- Nails: Apply a thick coat of dark nail paint before Holi.
It is important that you must apply oil behind your ears, between your finger tips and even near your fingernails. It is ideal that you don't wax or thread or do any facial treatment, at least, three-four days ahead of Holi. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.