Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shakeela NazimudeenYour feedback matters!
Hi, my cycle is of 25 days, my last period started on 14th nov. Me and my husband got intimated on dec 1st using condom. We are worried that the semen had fallen surrounding or near to me while taking out. Soon I took morning aftr pill within an hour. Can you pls tell me is there any chances to conceive and let me know the symtoms of pregnancy coz today is my date but I dint get my periods yet. Pls help me am really worried as we got married 2 monthsafter pill within an hour. Can you pls tell me is there any chances to conceive and let me know the symtoms of pregnancy coz tell me is there any chances to conceive and let me know the symptoms of pregnancy coz today is my date but I dint get my periods yet. Pls help me am really worried as we got married 2 mnths before only.
I think am 3 weeks pregnant and I have taken mtp kit (T pill )but I do not bleed what's wrong with? I got positive result on prega news kit.
Sir my wife platlate count allays 70000-80000 I am found this problem sice 2012 pregnancy time, all doctor tried to increase the platlate count but that time not increase, docter says after delivery she will fine, but stil her platlate count not increase. She is fete and normal no any problem but any suggestion? regards .
Now I am 6 month pregnant but now my period starts what shall I do ? my doctor advice me to wash but I dont want that please advise me what will better for me.
Respected Doctor, I am 25 years old with one 5 years male baby. I have gone through scesserion for ruptured right tubal pregnancy on 14 July 2016. But I want to know the causes of this tube pregnancy. Warm Regards.
Natural Cycle IVF
- What is natural cycle IVF?
Natural cycle IVF involves collecting and fertilising the one egg that you release during your normal monthly cycle. No fertility drugs are used in this treatment.
- Is natural cycle IVF for me?
It may be worth discussing this treatment option with your clinician if your periods are fairly regular and you are ovulating normally, but:
you are unable to take fertility drugs (for example, cancer patients or those whose clinician has suggested that they are at risk of OHSS “ ovarian hyper-stimulation “ a dangerous over-reaction to fertility drugs) because for personal or religious beliefs you do not wish to have surplus eggs or embryos destroyed or stored.
- How does natural cycle IVF work?
The treatment is the same as conventional IVF, but without the fertility drugs that are used to stop natural egg production and hormones that boost the supply of eggs.
As your ovaries are’nt being artificially stimulated, you don’t need to rest as you would after conventional IVF.
If your treatment is unsuccessful, you can try again sooner if you wish.
Suffering from vaginal itching light white discharge sometimes without odour. What to do. It is more of curd like. Periods are regular .Last period was on 28 may.
Sir how I can make my physical good. Because I am very slim. Please do respond with effective solution. Tell me what diet to follow?
Hi I am pregnant. Doctor has given sysfol active which has 1 mg of folic acid .does it enough I heard 5 mg is reqq. Also my sugar levels are fasting 101 and pp 146. Doc said tk 2000 mg of glycomet earlier was 1500.
I'm 21 years old girl. Have an unprotected sex with my boyfriend on 23-24 of April, 2016 I didn't take any contraceptive pills. Now i'm so worried about being getting pregnant. My periods are always regular and comes in proper gap of 25-26 days but this month my periods comes 5 days late than a expected date on 9 May, 2016 with less bleeding than usual periods i'm very much confuse that it is periods or implantation bleeding. I'm feeling very uncomfortable these days having backpain, heart pain pain, breast tenderness-soreness-nipples tingles, constipation and headache. On 21 May, 2016 I take an home pregnancy test with Preganews but its comes negative. Then on 29 May, 2016 i'll take an home pregnancy test again with Preganews with early morning sample of urine again its come negative i'm so worried. Plzz help me plzz i'm unmarried I take take any risk about pregnancy. I'm very much confuse that i'm pregnant or not coz test are negative but my body symptoms makes me sad.
What is the correct time period to have sex without taking any precaution to avoid pregnancy? I have been told that five days from the period is the best time for it. Is it true?
Did you know that pregnancy can alter your libido, since it is influenced by biological, psychological and social factors? It is no surprise that the numerous hormonal changes and the emotional roller-coaster that a woman experiences during pregnancy, can change her desire for sex. Of course, no two woman's sexual drive is the same and hence the matter is very individual and unique for every woman.
But some common bodily trends are observed during the various trimesters of pregnancy:
1. During the first trimester of pregnancy, some women are put off by sex when the symptoms of nausea, vomiting and tiredness kick in. This can be blamed on the rise in the levels of the hormones estrogen and progesterone. A woman would rather just catch up on lost sleep and lie in bed by herself, getting all the rest she can.
2. The second trimester brings relief in the symptoms felt during the first trimester. Some women experience a surge in their libido, as energy levels improve and they feel relatively more relaxed.
3. The third trimester brings with it weight gain, back pain and other symptoms which can lower a woman's sexual drive again.
4. Besides the typical changes that are brought on in the different trimesters, quite a few women report a heightened desire for sex. With all those pregnancy hormones flowing, it's understandable. During pregnancy, a woman's breasts get bigger and more sensitive. The vulva also becomes engorged from extra blood flow and even more sensitive, which could lead to more enjoyable pregnancy sex.
5. Another fact is that, with no longer having to worry about contraception during this time, both partners welcome the fact that they can have sex anytime they want or without worrying about the obligations of ovulation.
So basically, a woman can easily embrace her sexual desire during this special time of pregnancy. As long as a doctor doesn't suggest otherwise, it is perfectly safe for a woman to revel in her new found desire and have sex with her partner until the baby arrives. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Kissing has several benefits than it may seem, sure, it feels great, but apart from that, it also lowers your blood pressure. It further releases epinephrine hormone into your blood which allows your heart to pump blood faster and hence reduces the amount of the bad cholesterol. Here are a few reasons as to why you must grab the person you love and kiss him or her as soon as possible:
It helps reduce your blood pressure: kissing dilates the blood vessels and this can in turn help reduce the levels of your blood pressure.
Relieves headache and cramps: the dilatation effect on the blood vessels seems to have a pronounced effect in relieving pain. This includes headaches and cramps from menstrual pain.
Fights cavities: the saliva production in your mouth increases when you kiss. The excess saliva production helps to wash away the germs and plaque that accumulate in your mouth over a period of time. On the contrary, the cavity forming germs can also be transmitted from the mouth of one person to the other.
Helps by releasing your happy hormones: kissing helps release a cocktail of hormones such as dopamine, serotonin and oxytocin that are responsible for giving you a happy high. It is not just the sense of happiness you get from it, but also the hormones released can help strengthen the bond with your partner. Your lips have a dense connection of nerve endings which elevate the sense of pleasure in a person.
Burn calories: does it substitute for a 2 mile jog? no. But studies have shown that a good session of intense kissing can help burn up to about 8 to 16 calories.
Boosts your self-esteem: research has shown that people who leave home with a good bye kiss are more likely to work better and be in a good mood for the entire day. It could be because of the sense of feeling loved and cared for that makes one happy. A kiss can boost your self-esteem and even make you more productive at work.
Tones the muscles of your face: kissing involves the muscles present in your face and jaw line. A vigorous smooch can allow those muscles to act up and shape them in the process.
Check out the compatibility with your partner: kissing can be an important factor to measure the initial attraction of a person. This could be so important that it is often noticed that if the first kiss is not up to the mark, it can be a great turn off.
I have a child of seven month. MC has stopped. But I don't want any child yet. MC date has crossed 2 days. What to do? Please suggest me.
My wife is not having periods this month, last month it was normal but before that she has problems about periods, only 1 drop of blood came from vagina, please help?
I am Aged 31 Years, Married in Nov' 2014, I am not concieving, I have checked and tested Thyroid, and Scanning with stomach full of water, result is everything Normal. My Height & weight is 5ft and 57 kgs, and my periods are also not regular from past 3 months, its getting delayed for about 10 days from regular 28 days. Doctor have given me NORMOZ tablets for 3 months Mor & Even, I am taking tablets from Past 8 days. Please suggest how do i concieve, what preceautions should i take, & what is the best time for intercourse and position
Current generation dads are super dads!!! Studies have shown that fathers have increased the time they spend with their children by 300% since 1970s. Our young dads are determined to do all that is needed for the baby. They are present to support their spouses and start planning the room, clothes and stay of the baby well before the arrival date.
There is a lot of talk about how mums should prepare for the baby’s arrival, however dads often need to fight it out with no actual step by step guide or a counseling session for the same.
Following are some tips for our dads to be:
1) Accept your changing partner: Pregnancy is a hormonally charged state. It may bring about irritability, negative emotions, physical limitations, etc. Your job is to support your pregnant partner emotionally and physically. You need to offer practical help-like doing household chores, picking and dropping from work, etc.
2) Keep yourself well informed: You should be well informed about the progress of the pregnancy. Accompany your partner for doctor check-ups, ultrasounds, and extra tests. Help your partner cope up with extra medicines.
3) Know about symptoms and signs of labor: You need to be aware of the danger signals of pregnancy. Keep yourself well contactable all the time. Keep your car well fueled.
4) Chalk out your finances: You need to be prepared by the hospital expenses well in time. Have a black and white budget to help you cope up with the increasing expenditure.
5) Pack hospitals bags: You need to be ready with the essentials which may include important documents, insurance papers, credit cards, mobile phones, batteries, etc.
6) Apply for paternity leave: You have to be there to support the new mom. Make an active effort in baby care– from nappy change to baby bath to baby shopping etc.
The more you do, the more you will discover your take at fathering.