Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShahnawazYour feedback matters!
My 1.5 year old kid is not keeping well from last 4 days. She is vomiting. Not eating anything except mother feed. Have initially been giving ondem but from last two days Emiset, Oflox 50, and Bifilac. Frequency of vomit has reduced but she remains uncomfortable entire day. Keep crying. I am unable to sooth her. Does she have some major stomach infection? Should I get her some tests done? Yesterday she was continuously crying for 2-3 hrs. Gave her colicaid too thinking she might have stomachache. Pls help me know what should I do. Thanks.
My son is 2 months old now. I have already administered him some doses of vaccines as given by the hospital. Now after some reading I am doubtful about painless vaccine. If I go for painful now will that disturb the schedule?
7 months baby is suffering from blocked nose and severe coughing. Does nebulising with saline water helps? Or steam is a better option. We have both the things at home. Does nebulising pose any long term dependence?
My baby is 18 months old, she has low tone muscles in her body her head is control 5 min. And fell very slowly after 5 mins, she can lift her hand when she lying on bed, but when she sit on chair she never lift her hand. She lift her leg when I tie leg with ribbon. But her brain is normal she recognize her mum and dad and call her .her physiotherapy is going 3 days in weekly. But give some trips how to improve tone.
- Prevention is better than cure as we all know, few tips eat plenty of fruits and vegetables organic as much as possible,
- Eat only fresh food avoid processed food and bakery products as they contain harmful food additives, avoid red meat if possible, sleep well minimum 6 hrs a day, avoid cold food if allergic,
- Do not use mosquito coils, liquid, do not smoke.
- Exercise daily as much as possible
My grand daughter (40) days old cries every day late evening time. I have consulted leading pediatrician . Some nosal drop and suspected cold and some medicine for spazams is given but till this crying continues. Please suggest.
Hi, I gave birth to baby boy in november 2014. Breastfeeding for my baby is very less. Giving external feed. How to increase my breastfeed. Please suggest.
my baby is one and of year old. She did not get food properly. Any time she asking milk. She likes egg and she eating egg for two times for one day. Its good or bay for her health?
Today I put vaccination for my 4 months baby. He has no fever after vaccination. Is it mean the medicine not working into the body?
Hi he is one year three months he's vomiting after feeding we give him food after 1 hr or so we give him 200. Ml milk he pukes everything what to do two days back doctor gave him emeset injection it had stopped but today he did the same thing what to do.
My baby is 3 months old and bothe and my baby have cough and cold. Which medicine is preferable to us so that no harm is caused to my baby?
My grandson, 2 years old is diagnosed with more lead (10) in blood against admissible limit (8) and doctor says right from water, food, vessel and everything involved in his diet is to be changed. Please advice.
My baby girl had completed 5 month. Her birth weight is 3 kg now she is 5.5 kg. She is in breast feed only. She is doing green potty since last week. Doc said stop breastmilk and give her top feed isomil Bec she has stomach infection. He also prescribe antibiotics zifi100 but no relief yet. I am very upset. She is a active baby. One more query is her head is also not stable yet. please advise me.
Hello Dr, age 35, I got married at a young age of 19, I have two beautiful daughter's age 16 and 9 years old, one day I found my elder daughter masturbating in her room, I am very worried nowadays, I have not told this to my husband, I don't know how to handle the issue, its so sensitive, please help.
Since yesterday due to the dehydration my son (17 months) is suffering with savior vomiting and motions. Can anybody tel me good treatment for this problem.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- Calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- It is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- Calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- It is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- Since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- A calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- Lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- If your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- Bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- Lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.