Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. ShagutvelYour feedback matters!
I had diabetes, simultaneously my blood pressure remains high. So neither I can eat much of sweet and nor of much salty. Do guide me in my eating habits.
Hello sir, I am 19 years old boy suffering from cough and heart pain from 3-4 months. please tell me what should i do?
I had sharp pain in chest and upper part of back while breathing today. Even the same thing happened couple of times in last 2-3 months. Also pain in brest bone and rib cage is becoming frequent. Had feeling of vibration in left side of body while sitting or lying down since last month.
Hi Since the past few days I'm experiencing this weird feeling of spasms or sort of weird twitches in random places. Abdomen, hands, thighs. It feels like weird blood gushes but it doesn't coincide with my pulse my bp is 110/80 Pulse 60 or so I have serious anxiety issues about health Also experiencing intermittent belching with some git upset What could be the reason.
I am suffering chest pain due to accident case fell down from tree in childhood in this situation I consultant more doctors but they cannot did anything better as well as I did lot of tests but report is coming normal doctor says its my birth fault that you have pigeon chest type but I'm not agree with them I said one of them for surgery but he ignored now what should to do.
46 yrs female taking 50 mg thyronom daily, drise sachet 1/week, gotwholebody tests done by wellness path are on 10 may 15. Disturbed factors are ast 42, ldh serum is 358, bun is 6.30, calcium serum is 8.22, triglycerides 279, hdl 28.1, vldl 46.7, ldl/hdl is 2.28, hba1c is 5.8, tsh is 7.11 (without med that day, urine test ph is 5, vitamin d 25 hydroxy is 17.6. I feel too tired, persisting lower backache, knee pain, not able to walk bare footed on floor, lethargic, demotivated.
Tachycardia means a rapid heart rate of more than 100 beats per minute. Supraventricular means the problem starts in the upper part of your heart, above your ventricles (the lower chambers of your heart). If you have SVT, your heart may beat at a rate of about 140 to 250 beats per minute.
SVT episodes usually don't last long and go away on their own without any treatment. They often happen in young, healthy people. You will usually get fewer episodes of SVT as you get older, but you may find that the symptoms get worse. How long an episode lasts can vary from a few seconds or minutes, to several hours.
Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) doesn't always cause symptoms but you’re more likely to have symptoms if you already have heart disease.
Symptoms you may get during an episode of SVT include:
being aware of your heart suddenly beating faster (heart palpitations)
feeling short of breath
These symptoms may be caused by problems other than SVT.
You may need to have a test called an ECG. An ECG records the electrical activity in your heart to see how well it's working.
ECHO - This test uses ultrasound to provide a clear image of your heart muscles and valves and can show how well your heart is working.
you can take antiarrhythmic medicines by doctor.
These include beta-blockers, calcium-channel blockers and antiarrhythmic medicines. You can also take them to prevent further SVT episodes.
I have done LIPID PROFILE today. The result are cholesterol 112Mg. LDL 46.2Mg. HDL 29Mg. Triglycerides 184Mg. Also done and Result Uric Acid 4.4Mg. Blood Sugar (Fasting) 76mg. Blood sugar (PP) 100Mg. Hemoglobin 12% Any problem for Heart Decease in Future? And any medicine prescribe for me for control Triglycerides.
Upto how many days can bp be lowered before dialysis. And ya they r providing/giving blood to patient to. What does that mean.
Hi I'm a 35 year old female. I'm a diabetic patient. I read from Lybrate that lady's finger can reduce blood sugar level to an extent. But I heard that having lady's finger will increase the cholesterol level. Is that true?
I have constant burning type sensation in my chest. I have tried drinking hot water and tea but no effect. I think it is congestion but how should I get rid of it? Or is it something else? And for your information I do smoke but not a chain smoker.
My bp is 90/140 should I take medicines or manage with lifestyle changes this has been constant reading since last week.
Breathelife, a global campaign led by who
Breathelife is a global campaign led by who, the climate &amp; clean air coalition and the government of norway, to raise awareness about the health risks of short-lived climate pollutants, which contribute significantly to global warming and air pollution.
The breathelife campaign stresses both the practical policy measures that cities can implement (such as better housing, transport, waste, and energy systems) and measures people can take as communities or individuals (for example, to stop waste burning, promote green spaces and walking/cycling) to improve our air. Improving vehicle standards, prioritizing clean public and active transit, as well as adopting more efficient stove and fuel alternatives for cooking, lighting and heating are among the actions that can save lives and help save the planet (who)
Dr. Rahul kewalkumar
If a person is in village and there is no hospital near village and heart attack comes so what should I do then?
Hello doctor my self imran and I am 27 year old. I have sneezing problem once started it will take 5 to 10 continuously and my nose keep ruining and by which watery type plegem stays in my chest please advise me homeopathy medicine which cures forever.
I am suffering from c3 c4 & c5 cervical bulge, does it cause chest pain and paliptaions. I checked heart, it shows normal. Then why paliptaions and chest pain.
If you are concerned about your heart’s health, it is important for you to make some dietary modifications. Simple changes in your everyday diet may offer benefits, which help in preventing future heart problems. If you suffer from high blood pressure or high cholesterol or have atrial fibrillation.
Here are some tips regarding the best diet for protecting your heart:
- Believe in the food hype: Having healthy meals is certainly beneficial and makes a big difference to your heart health. Consuming meals which contain vegetables, grains, low fat dairy and lean meat will allow you to live a longer and healthier life.
- Avoid crash diets: A crash diet may be effective, if you want to fit in a dress within one month. However, for improving your heart health, undertaking different fad diets is not useful. Meals in which a certain type of nutrients such as carbohydrates or fats are ruled out are not beneficial as well. You should have a sensible approach towards your diet and focus on food products such as vegetables, whole grains and lean meat.
- Do not overeat: Overeating will lead to weight gain and commonly, many people get heart attack after taking a big meal.
- Eat less salt: You should consume less amount of salt in your diet and do not eat more than one teaspoon of salt a day. Avoid any food item which contains high amounts of sodium. Salt is responsible for increasing blood pressure.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and caffeine: In case you suffer from atrial fibrillation, you should avoid caffeine and any other stimulant as they tend to trigger the symptoms. You must drink moderately as consuming more than one drink a day increases your risks of having heart problems.
- Choose meat wisely: You should avoid red meat, which contains large amount of saturated fats as these are not good for the heart. You should choose the leanest cuts of meats and trim all fat from it. You should opt for cuts such as flank, rump roast, tenderloin and sirloin. Pork tenderloin, chicken and turkey breast are other alternatives.
- Add fish to your diet: Fish is essential for improving your heart health. Try to avoid having deep fried fish and choose grilled fish or roasted fish, which are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Consume fishes like tuna, salmon, trout and sardines.
You should also add whole grains to your diet. They are effective in controlling blood sugar and lower the chances of diabetes. Hence, the risks of heart diseases are less if you do not have diabetes. Whole grains also help with weight loss, which is beneficial for the heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.